Gi Joe 25 Anniverary (so who are the last 10)

firefly69

So we know the first 15 figures

5 pack (Joes)

scarlett

Snake Eyes V1

Duke

Roadblock

Gung Ho

5 Pack (cobra)

Cobra Commander V1

Storm Shadow V1

Cobra Trooper

Destro

Baroness

First 5 of the 15 individual figures

Cobra officer

Cobra Commander V2

Storm Shadow V2

Snake Eyes V2

Flint

So who are the Last 10???

I am curious to here your lists

As stated before I think that the last 10 will be

Beachhead

Hawk

Stalker

Lady Jaye

Spirit

zartan

Major Bludd

Firefly

Serpentor

Buzzer

which to me makes a decent first 25. Again what do you guys think? Do you think these are hasbro's so called "most popular figures?"

This isn't a list of who I want as the last ten, just a list of who I think we'll get...

1. Serpentor (And it's about damned time!)

2. Firefly

3. Zartan (If he doesn't turn blue in sunlight, so help me Hasbro!)

4. Crimson Guard Trooper

5. Major Bludd

6. Bazooka (Or Alpine, or Mutt, gotta have a moustache guy)

7. Snow Job (And it's about damned time)

8. Lady Jaye (Not friggin hat this time please!)

9. Hawk

10. Stalker (I.E. Token Black Guy)

Joes

1. Beachhead

2. Hawk

3. Stalker

4. Lady Jaye

5. Cover Girl (go ahead n get the last of the main ladies out)

Cobras

1. Major Bludd

2. Crimson Guard

3. Serpentor

4. Firefly

5. Zartan

This is my list:

1.-Hawk v.2

2.-Stalker v.3 (whitout the talking backpack)

3.-Serpentor (w/removable mask)

4.-Zartan

5.-Viper (w/removable helmet)

6.-Firefly

7.-Crimson Guard

8.-Shipwreck (plus Polly)

9.-Blowtorch

10.-Beachhead

Hope that down the line ( I think it will further continue, those sculpts are sweet ) we can have almost all the best versions of each joe that was made during their first run, New versions of the the Ninja commandos could really rock ('specially Snake eyes, Scarlett and the Night Creepers)

Joes

Hawk

Stalker

Beachead

Lady Jaye

Shipwreck or Spirit

Cobra

Serpentor

Zartan

Major Bludd

Firefly

Crimson Guard

You really think they would make a crimson guard without making the twins?

They wouldn't even doubt it! :)

Assuming wave 2 singles are the rest of the previewed list, which is:

Cobra Trooper (I'll give solid bets that Hasbro will consider the repacked trooper part of its 15 number)

Beachhead

Serpentor

Lady Jaye

Buzzer

I'll give the rest as:

Hawk v2

Shipwreck

Zartan

Crimson Guard

And maybe Stalker or Sgt. Flash (Hasbro just gained the naming rights, and the Flash design opens up Grand Slam and Tripwire possibilities)

Considering the hype we're seeing, I'm placing solid bets on revamped Tiger Force Duke, Roadblock, Flint and Python Patrol CG, Trooper and Officer as Christmas filler

Well, everyone pretty much knows who the more popular characters are, so ill just list who I want. This is of course assuming there will be more than 25

Night Creeper v6

Night Viper (updated colors)

Footloose (updated to look more like he did on the card)

Leatherneck

Low-Light

Range Viper (updated colors)

Viper

Snake Eyes v4 (mwahahahaha)

Spearhead & Max

Beach Head

The problem I have with most of these "lists" is this:

Not enough Cobra troopers. Most of the lists above only include 1 (either Viper or Crimson Guard).

Currently we have only ONE. Two if you count the Officer. Hasbro KNOWS we like army building and it would be incredibly incompetent not to include more.

So I'll say all three: B.A.T., Crimson Guard, and Viper.

Maybe Snow Serpent, Tele-Viper and Techno-Viper (though I think it was said they wouldn't go past 86 which rules out the Techno-Viper) but I doubt it.

I've posted these images before, but it's a good graphic of the characters (I THINK) would make for a nice, semi-complete anniversary celebration grouping of the G.I.Joe ARAH characters, based on the last 7-8 years of chit chat about'em and trying to buy the darn things off eBay. ;)

joelist2me7.png

cobralist2wu4.png

Then imagine the WORTHY characters that such a limited amount would leave out...

joelistes9.png

cobralistbg2.png

With all those, to have a fast glance over, you just about want to pull your hair out or duck tape your head to keep it from exploding as to WHY, they would do multiple versions in the first 25, even if there's going to be more?

I seriously doubt we'll see any of these within the "25" realm:

Beachhead

Serpentor

B.A.T

Mindbinder

It clearly looks like they are concentrating on 82-85, the classic figures.

86 bascially was a joke year, replacing the core characters for wimpy ones (doc for lifeline, stalker for beachhead, cobra guards & seiges for BATS & cobra commander for...serpentor. he was the biggest joke of the year.)

Beachhead

Serpentor

B.A.T

Mindbinder

86 bascially was a joke year, replacing the core characters for wimpy ones (doc for lifeline, stalker for beachhead, cobra guards & seiges for BATS & cobra commander for...serpentor. he was the biggest joke of the year.)

I disagree with you, All those you listed as jokes, are popular characters. Your opinion is cool and yours, but why call out a lot of other fan favorites as jokes? Anyways, Serpentor better be made. He deserves a new mold. @firedevil@

Beachhead

Serpentor

B.A.T

Mindbinder

I disagree with you, All those you listed as jokes, are popular characters. Your opinion is cool and yours, but why call out a lot of other fan favorites as jokes? Anyways, Serpentor better be made. He deserves a new mold. @firedevil@

I'm wondering if he is trying to be sarcastic. 1986 was one of the most popular years in the whole line!

I mean why wouldn't the do the B.A.T. when they did like what 18 versions (even if most were repaints)? And isn't Serpentor already rumored on the "coming up" lists anyway?

These had better get made or it's someone's ass!!!!

Serpentor

General Hawk

Zartan

Major Bludd

Beachhead

Firefly

Crimson Guard

Crimson Guard

Sgt. Slaughter

It is kind of maddening that they are re-doing characters already IN the line up as opposed to making new characters...we're lucky though that the figures, even though are different versions, are still cool though. And at least Flint is comin' out.

Not enough Cobra troopers. Most of the lists above only include 1 (either Viper or Crimson Guard).

Currently we have only ONE. Two if you count the Officer. Hasbro KNOWS we like army building and it would be incredibly incompetent not to include more.

Maybe Snow Serpent, Tele-Viper and Techno-Viper (though I think it was said they wouldn't go past 86 which rules out the Techno-Viper) but I doubt it.

Something to keep in mind is that retailers (and to an extent, kids) WANT more heroes than villians. Back in RAH, there were ALWAYS more Joes than Cobras, in Sigma Six, there are more Joes than Cobras, and in Transformers, there have ALWAYS been more Autobots than Decepticons.

I think you are vastly overrating the army builder, the casual consumers Hasbro's aiming for will, MAYBE, get an extra figure or two, but while WE like army building, I've yet to see any evidence to point to Hasbro needing to cater to that market, especially since the figures are already being done in single packs. I also agree with General hawk in that we're likely due for a few extra figures, so I have no doubts an extra trooper or two will make it.

These are what I consider to be the best/most marketable troopers:

Cobra trooper/Officer

Crimson Guard

Viper

BAT

I'll give solid bets on the Crimson Guard with the Viper and BAT being part of the line should it continue past Christmas

Something to keep in mind is that retailers (and to an extent, kids) WANT more heroes than villians. Back in RAH, there were ALWAYS more Joes than Cobras, in Sigma Six, there are more Joes than Cobras, and in Transformers, there have ALWAYS been more Autobots than Decepticons.

I think you are vastly overrating the army builder, the casual consumers Hasbro's aiming for will, MAYBE, get an extra figure or two, but while WE like army building, I've yet to see any evidence to point to Hasbro needing to cater to that market, especially since the figures are already being done in single packs. I also agree with General hawk in that we're likely due for a few extra figures, so I have no doubts an extra trooper or two will make it.

These are what I consider to be the best/most marketable troopers:

Cobra trooper/Officer

Crimson Guard

Viper

BAT

I'll give solid bets on the Crimson Guard with the Viper and BAT being part of the line should it continue past Christmas

I didn't say they NEEDED to but they would be stupid NOT to.

This line, as far as I can tell, was designed with us adult collector specifically in mind. They know we like army building. And army building makes "putting out more heroes than villians" easier. Instead of putting out, say Major Bludd, Destro and 4 Joes, they can put out Major Bludd, Viper and 4 joes. They still, technically, have "more good than bad" but it allows people to buy more, if they want, and how can THAT be a bad thing for Hasbro (or ANY company)? Putting out more builders CAN'T possible be bad.

Simple argument:

We get Major Bludd, Destro, Duke, Falcon, Tunnel Rat and Snake Eyes. Everyone buys all 6. Hasbro has 6 sales.

OR

We get Major Bludd, Viper, Duke, Falcon, Tunnel Rat and Snake Eyes. Everyone buys all 6. Hasbro has 6 sales. But SOME people buy MULTIPLE Vipers because they are army builders. So THOSE people buy 6 Vipers meaning Hasbro makes ELEVEN sales instead of just 6. All because they included an army builder.

And there IS evidence they know that. Viper Pit. The fact the DTC Crimson Guard (for example) sold out so fast when it first appeared. The sheer number of army builders that appeared in DTC.

We agree on who the most likely candidates are. We still have 10 "slots" to go. Is it really THAT difficult to imagine that THREE of them could be army builders?

I think our argument basically differs on the WHEN of it all. Should the line continue, anything is possible, is it not? But I see NO reason NOT to include 3 more army builders in the first 25. If, minimally, for the sake of the POSSIBILITY the line would not continue past the 25.

From the looks, it seems they are doing the most iconic/popular characters. But take a look at the rumored "last ten". Buzzer? Serpentor? THOSE guys are more iconic or popular than Crimson Guard or B.A.T.? I mean would you rather have *A* Dreadnok this early or Crimson Guard? And there isn't even any way to know if we will see any of the other Dreadnoks. How many versions did they make of Buzzer: 2 (only because of the comic pack), Serpentor: 3. B.A.T: 16. Crimson Guard: 8 (11 with the immortal/commander), Viper: 13 (15 if you include the 98 3-pack). But the rumor has them doing both Buzzer AND Serpentor in the last 10 over ANY of those guys.

Through 2008? No need to bet. If the line lasts, I'm sure we will see them. It just doesn't make sense to me not to do them "now".

I don't care if the line goes into next year. Maj. Bludd deserves to be in the original 25 figures. In addition, they should have had more of the first Joes like Zap, Rock N Roll and Grunt.

based on the responses it seems that most people think that these figures will be included in the last 10

Major Bludd

Firefly

Serpentor

zartan

Lady Jaye

Stalker

Hawk

Beachhead

This leaves one joe and one cobra, or two joes.

Let's assume these 8 are in. Whom do you guys think will be in the last 2. Not whom you want because you like the figure, but who would be the most popular left?

based on the responses it seems that most people think that these figures will be included in the last 10

Major Bludd

Firefly

Serpentor

zartan

Lady Jaye

Stalker

Hawk

Beachhead

This leaves one joe and one cobra, or two joes.

Let's assume these 8 are in. Whom do you guys think will be in the last 2. Not whom you want because you like the figure, but who would be the most popular left?

Viper and B.A.T.

Though I would replace Serpentor with Crimson Guard.