Variant Psylocke & Luke Cage on Ebay...... for $2500 !!!

iammingy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but its his money, let him do with it what he wants.......i mean hell i paid 400 to get the series 8 + variants 2 to 3 months before everyone else.

I remember that.. it was some kind of special auction or something, for a charity right?

anyways.. I am not bashing the guy who bought them. I was just replying to the poster who said we all would if we had the spare change... and I would never... we all have our own morals and values... I am not trying to put anyone down.

yeah but its his money, let him do with it what he wants.......i mean hell i paid 400 to get the series 8 + variants 2 to 3 months before everyone else.

I remember that.. it was some kind of special auction or something, for a charity right?

anyways.. I am not bashing the guy who bought them. I was just replying to the poster who said we all would if we had the spare change... and I would never... we all have our own morals and values... I am not trying to put anyone down.

Yeah I remember that too!

Draven

What other reason would there be to own these figures at that price, Aside from "bragging rights"?

Exactly. Its just for bragging rights.

If someone wants to spend $2500 to brag about a different coloured figure that alot of the rest of us already, have-----hey, its their money to spend.

Its not hard to acquire things that others do not have--customs, one of a kinds, prototypes, extremely rare items--you can even make things yourself.

What I find.......disturbing........unsettling ....is the seeming notion that bragging rights are a "good" thing. Collecting is not a competition. There's no winners and no losers--and in the end, what is there to really brag about?

If someone really wants these kinds of things for the novelty of them, then fine. But if its for the ego-stroke bragging rights, then I have to wonder what's the point?

After all, I can put $2500 to much better use.....

first off, in my offence, IM NOT BRAGGING ABOUT OWNING THEM. i am simply showing them to other collectors who share the same interest as me, collecting figures. i am considered a extreme collector, must have every figure. i collect every variation of figures wheather it be 1 comic or 4 comics, foil poster or poster book , with trading card or without trading card, variant or common figure i have reached my goal of 286 marvel legend figures only lacking 4 to have a complete set. series 9 toybiz nightcrawler with red foil poster, series 15 toybiz blue wasp, series 2 hasbro green quicksilver and dark phoenix are the only 4 figures i do not have.

i have a great paying job and work hard for what i own, i have no trouble paying extreme prices for rare figures like these two. they are not customs, true i could of brought or even made customs, but its not the same to me. while on that topic, i did not spend 2500.00 on these 2 figures, i made him a offer, he took offer, we settled and now i own them.

oh and by the way- its HER money.

blackcat2006

I think it is wrong to assume someone wants to get a complete collection just for bragging rights, I know when i get a complete set of figures or a rare variant i happen upon then i dont feel the need to brag i would have a feeling of satisfaction that my collection is one step closer to being complete.

BTW Blackcat aweseome collection, love the fact you have 90s toybiz as well as ML on display .

In Black Cat's defense...it took guts to come into this thread and admidt she was the one who bought those on Ebay. She knew she was going to catch some heat from that.

Now, that said, Black Cat I did know that you were a girl. I know that because it seems to me that many times when you post you go out of your way to interject into the conversation the fact that you are a female collector (which gets attention in a male-dominated hobby) and that you have 280+ ML's and only need a couple, etc. etc. (which also gets attention). And you sometimes post links to your collection outside of the "My Collection" thread. You can't act like you're not bragging a little bit when you do these things. It's not an outright "ha ha ha, look at all the stuff I have that you don't" thing, but it is bragging.

2500$!!!!! for that money I could hire a striper and her body guard to dress up as Psylocke & Luke Cage and stand around my living room for awhile. @loll@ @smilepunch@ @loll@

Have you got the contact details for this striper (I can take or leave the bodyguard).

Honestly, in a way it is bragging and i dont think there is anything wrong with it. I mean how many of us have posted pictures of our collection or news that we found something first. Its not done to be spiteful, its done in a fun way. I think thats part of being a member at a forum is to show off your collection and share that joy with other collectors. I mean we are all here to discuss and see the things we enjoy.

And yes it is her money. If she wants to spend it and has it, good for her. I know that many of us, myself included, do not have the money but spend it anyway. :) I have not paid in the thousands for a figure yet, and i do stress yet. I have been trying to acquire a Vlix figure from the Droids line but have just not been that lucky. When i finally do get it, i can join the thousand club. I say whatever makes you happy as long as its not hurting anyone else.

Thanks for showing off the figures. Your display looks great. Good luck on getting the final four you need for your collection. Blue Wasp will probably be a tough one. (Not sure if you have it already, but dont forget about the Yellow Jacket variant, you didnt mention that one.)

Nothing wrong with bragging about them or showing them off! As Evenflow said, we all have done it to some point!! And I for one enjoyed seeing your pics Blackcat! You have a really cool set up and collection! And like I said before, its your money and no one else should be able to tell you what to do with it! If I had a chance to get them and I couyld afford them, I would too. And I think a lot of us die hards would too.

That being said, don't be surprised if the Pyslocke makes it out as an exclusive or in a box set next year. ;)

Draven

first off, in my offence, IM NOT BRAGGING ABOUT OWNING THEM. i am simply showing them to other collectors who share the same interest as me, collecting figures. i am considered a extreme collector, must have every figure. i collect every variation of figures wheather it be 1 comic or 4 comics, foil poster or poster book , with trading card or without trading card, variant or common figure i have reached my goal of 286 marvel legend figures only lacking 4 to have a complete set. series 9 toybiz nightcrawler with red foil poster, series 15 toybiz blue wasp, series 2 hasbro green quicksilver and dark phoenix are the only 4 figures i do not have.

i have a great paying job and work hard for what i own, i have no trouble paying extreme prices for rare figures like these two. they are not customs, true i could of brought or even made customs, but its not the same to me. while on that topic, i did not spend 2500.00 on these 2 figures, i made him a offer, he took offer, we settled and now i own them.

oh and by the way- its HER money.

blackcat2006

Hey, that's fine, your motivations are your own, no need to justify them to anyone.

If you like to spend that much for the sheer joy of it, knock yerself out. I've spent a few hundred $$ on the odd collectible here and there myself. Just keep in mind though that what you think is excessive and what anyone else thinks is excessive can indeed be different things.

For me, there's simply no-way, no-how that I'd spend anything close to $2500 ( or whatever the "extreme" price was) for a current market collectible--regardless of what it is. I simply do not want something THAT bad.

It is HER money after all....

2500$!!!!! for that money I could hire a striper and her body guard to dress up as Psylocke & Luke Cage and stand around my living room for awhile. @loll@ @smilepunch@ @loll@

Have you got the contact details for this striper (I can take or leave the bodyguard).

She goes by Ginger, here's her # 323 463-8680 careful she might give you herpes. @loll@

I dont think shes bragging. Shes just showing pics of her figures. She obviously is a die hard if she has evey variation. Hey more props to her for doing what she has to to complete her collection, just cuz you guys or I wouldnt pay that much for them doesnt make it wrong or anything.

I always enjoy seeing her pics and all of her collection, Love the set up. I think some guys here might be insecure with the fact that one of the better marvel collections belongs to a girl lol

I dont think shes bragging. Shes just showing pics of her figures. She obviously is a die hard if she has evey variation. Hey more props to her for doing what she has to to complete her collection, just cuz you guys or I wouldnt pay that much for them doesnt make it wrong or anything.

I always enjoy seeing her pics and all of her collection, Love the set up. I think some guys here might be insecure with the fact that one of the better marvel collections belongs to a girl lol

Nope, really nothing wrong with it at all.

In fact, I really like how her collection is displayed and presented--the signature of a passionate collector! I'd love to have a set up like that, and would be very proud to show my collection in such a manner.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, beliefs, and values. She has a great collection and it's good to know that these rare variants are going to a collector who appreciates the hobby!!! It doesn't matter how much she paid for them, she is the proud owner, and if she has no problems with how much she paid, all that matters is she is happy with the purchase.

The most I ever paid for over retail on a figure is $19.99, which is a MOC ML Red Skull. I don't have much as far as $$$, with responsibilities such as bills, rent, car, and student loans from college on my back every month. I agree it's a huge chunk of change, but if money was not an issue, and my pockets/bank accounts were not hurting, then I would also have made an offer for the same figures. Money comes and goes, that's what it's used for. And I agree it can be applied to better things, but it all depends on the person.

If the collector is a completist, that's great! It makes the hobby more enjoyable for them to hunt for each and everyone of the different versions of each figure.

Sorry if I offended anyone over that fact if any of us has the money, that we would be all over it. Just an over exaggerated opinion. Again, if money was not an issue and you can afford it, buy it!!!

Hey I say congrats on the deal man, all I can say is people always say, I wouldn't do this & do that if I had money, & I was one of them until I started making money, now I'm doing all this crazy stuff w/ my house, buying onyx for 50 bucks a tile.. I mean, hey if u got it... spend it...

I saw this same auctiona couple of months ago on ebay. Exact same items for the exact same price. I followed the links they provided and I spoke to a couple of toy customizers who do great job. They still aren't sure since they can't actually look at the figure. I still don't think these toys are real. Remember that pics are very easily manipulated in photoshop and this guy could just have an account on here that lays claim to the fact that they bought these figures and that they are real. It just seems really shady, especially the outrageous shipping costs on two small plastic toys (Oh yeah the case is included so that justifies the shipping). If you're gonna spend upwards of $2000 on marvel legends, buy yourself an army of sentinels!

Brag away, hell, I can't imagine all the phone calls I'd be making if I had those two in my collection. I'd make sure every fellow nerd/geek like myself in the Southeast knew about them. Its not even like I would want them to envy me, but rather to know that they exist and that they can come see them. I have an extensive G.I.Joe collection that I'm very proud of, I've worked hard many years and spent a lot of money. I'm proud to show off pics of my collection's rarer items, like the Night Boomer mint and carded rares. I don't think its bragging to share images and knowledge with other who don't have the same items you do, or the access to them. But, just my opinion.

I saw this same auctiona couple of months ago on ebay. Exact same items for the exact same price. I followed the links they provided and I spoke to a couple of toy customizers who do great job. They still aren't sure since they can't actually look at the figure. I still don't think these toys are real. Remember that pics are very easily manipulated in photoshop and this guy could just have an account on here that lays claim to the fact that they bought these figures and that they are real. It just seems really shady, especially the outrageous shipping costs on two small plastic toys (Oh yeah the case is included so that justifies the shipping). If you're gonna spend upwards of $2000 on marvel legends, buy yourself an army of sentinels!

you can't really say these are not the real thing. keep in mind that AFA does not grade anything that is not authentic. these are AFA graded as stated in his auction.

you can't really say these are not the real thing. keep in mind that AFA does not grade anything that is not authentic. these are AFA graded as stated in his auction.

How can AFA verify that its the real thing? Do they go to Toybiz and get their production records or something? They might very well be real but as someone else on this board pointed out already, it wouldn't make sense financially for a company to produce one case of figures, the cost that goes into making that one case would not justify all the cost of production.

How can AFA verify that its the real thing? Do they go to Toybiz and get their production records or something? They might very well be real but as someone else on this board pointed out already, it wouldn't make sense financially for a company to produce one case of figures, the cost that goes into making that one case would not justify all the cost of production.

Yes, DRS, they pretty much do just that. The AFA has to verify the authenticity of the products.

I have communicated with Blackcat2006 a few times on here and I can say I am 95% sure she is not bragging or throwing any of this in our faces. She has a quality, extensive, fantastic collection of which the majority of us admire and enjoy, so of course she should show it off.

I have a 24 x 21++ bonus room full of marvel legends, MOTU, GIJOE, Spawn, NBC, etc that I have rarely posted pics of, but I intend to do it more often. When I have done it the thought or notion of bragging never crossed my mind; I have spent over 7 years collecting this stuff, and more than 5 years talking about it in ways such as this; why not present it to everyone else?

BlackCat dont mind the haters.

I'm not hating on anyone, I said it might very well be real. I'm just trying to look at this from another perspective. Is it wrong to think twice or question the authenticity of an expensive purchase when

1. It's coming from an international seller

2. The same auction has been listed before and this guy just happens to be the only person who's ever gotten ahold of these figures ( oh except his source).

3. The shipping cost alone is outrageous.

I love looking at other people's collection and yeah if you've got the cash for something then go ahead and buy it if it makes you happy. But I also always keep in mind that there are alot of people out there who are looking to take advantage of other people.

Yes, DRS, they pretty much do just that. The AFA has to verify the authenticity of the products.

I have communicated with Blackcat2006 a few times on here and I can say I am 95% sure she is not bragging or throwing any of this in our faces. She has a quality, extensive, fantastic collection of which the majority of us admire and enjoy, so of course she should show it off.

I have a 24 x 21++ bonus room full of marvel legends, MOTU, GIJOE, Spawn, NBC, etc that I have rarely posted pics of, but I intend to do it more often. When I have done it the thought or notion of bragging never crossed my mind; I have spent over 7 years collecting this stuff, and more than 5 years talking about it in ways such as this; why not present it to everyone else?

BlackCat dont mind the haters.

Honestly, this is nuts, and I'll tell you why these will start showing up real soon in larger numbers than one case each (and if anyone else here works in manufacturing, please back me up).

The manufacturing process is expensive. Breakdown and set-up times on the manufacturing line cost money, not only in parts but in actual labor. The employees are idle for a set period of time, but still being paid. For this reason, manufacturers hate disruptions in "the line."

Therefore, I have a REAL hard time believing that they would discontinue production on these variants after making 1 case worth of figures. It's simply not cost-efficient from a manufacturing standpoint. More likely, TOY-BIZ would want to recoup the loss of the license by making as many as possible, and shipping them as soon as possible.

We were told that these were effectively "dead". Now it turns out, per this guy on E-Bay with his mysterious "source" in Hong-Kong that they made 1 case (?!?!?!). Sorry, but it doesn't ad up.

If this guy can make $2,500 for these, more power to him, but "Ex caveat emptor!" ("To the buyer, beware!")

Sorry, I don't want to argue, and this is the last I'll post on this topic, this is why I don't believe that these toys are authentic.