Variant Psylocke & Luke Cage on Ebay...... for $2500 !!!

iammingy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting.... so it seems that they are legit.... i wonder if his story is legit too.. maybe he knew that these were so unlikely to be made any more than 12 of each that he'd think taking advantage of the situation. LAME

What I dont' get is how can he get mL14 & the ml15 blue wasP? When where they canceled?Before or after ML15?

What if there is another best of case? :P

I don't doubt these are legit. But they aren't going to sell at this price. Most of us complain every single time they raise the price 3 cents at retail...ML collectors are not exactly what you would call "high-end" collectors. It would have to be a rare combination of a ML collector w/ enough money to be able to afford these and enough stupidity to think these figures are worth that price. Good luck.

does anybody really believe that hasbro will not release every possible repaint/variant possible including this one. They are the king of using old molds and if you ask me there couldn't be a better line for it.

seriously I would not be surprised if hasbro puts out blue wasp, black psylocke, silver luke cage, and modern Havok. if they have the molds they will use them.

It would be nice if they would put out stuff like this like they are with the recent silver sufer exclusive... Just make them exclusives... Do all the variants maybe a slightly different paintjob or something ... and do that... From the rarer variants , dp , JB ghost rider ect to figures like the FFC sue and doombot & kang and dragon man :) These things would be great exclusives

I don't doubt these are legit. But they aren't going to sell at this price. Most of us complain every single time they raise the price 3 cents at retail...ML collectors are not exactly what you would call "high-end" collectors. It would have to be a rare combination of a ML collector w/ enough money to be able to afford these and enough stupidity to think these figures are worth that price. Good luck.

they may be very well real but it sorta sounds to me like this is the type tha "fell" off the back of a truck yknow... :P

i'll customize you a set just like them for ONLY $1000 and i'll even throw in free shipping :P

lol. I was thinking the same thing. Hell, I'll do it for $500. @smilepunch@

Has anybody read the Q&A section of the auction recently? He has had multiple people offer him $2000 for the set. WTF is wrong w/ people? They're probably the same people that cry all the time about how scalpers are ruining the hobby and then as soon as something like this pops up they can't wait to bend over for this, the king of all scalpers.

Has anybody read the Q&A section of the auction recently? He has had multiple people offer him $2000 for the set. WTF is wrong w/ people? They're probably the same people that cry all the time about how scalpers are ruining the hobby and then as soon as something like this pops up they can't wait to bend over for this, the king of all scalpers.

Technically though, it's not scalping since it wasn't released for the masses though. Normally scalping is when someone buys something that could be potentially available to anyone and then selling it for profit. I think this guy just scored majorly.

I'm not into selling figures like that, but if I was given the only 12 figures in the world that would've just been thrown away anyway, I'd sell some of them too.

I'd start the auction at retail however, and just let people bid on it.

Technically though, it's not scalping since it wasn't released for the masses though. Normally scalping is when someone buys something that could be potentially available to anyone and then selling it for profit. I think this guy just scored majorly.

I'm not into selling figures like that, but if I was given the only 12 figures in the world that would've just been thrown away anyway, I'd sell some of them too.

I agree, it doesn't fit the "traditional" def'n of scalping. But it's the same basic principle...he's certainly selling it for much higher than what he paid to his hookup, I'm sure. Wasn't really a stab at the Seller anway (even though I think he's smoking crack at those prices) but more at the morons that seem to be lining up to give their money away to him. The weird thing for me is if these variants had gone to mass-release they would have been complete yawners...Luke Cage isn't exactly a hugely popular character and I personally prefer the version of PSylocke that we got (although I know many people were looking forward to this one). I think people just want what they can't have.

Honestly, this is nuts, and I'll tell you why these will start showing up real soon in larger numbers than one case each (and if anyone else here works in manufacturing, please back me up).

The manufacturing process is expensive. Breakdown and set-up times on the manufacturing line cost money, not only in parts but in actual labor. The employees are idle for a set period of time, but still being paid. For this reason, manufacturers hate disruptions in "the line."

Therefore, I have a REAL hard time believing that they would discontinue production on these variants after making 1 case worth of figures. It's simply not cost-efficient from a manufacturing standpoint. More likely, TOY-BIZ would want to recoup the loss of the license by making as many as possible, and shipping them as soon as possible.

We were told that these were effectively "dead". Now it turns out, per this guy on E-Bay with his mysterious "source" in Hong-Kong that they made 1 case (?!?!?!). Sorry, but it doesn't ad up.

If this guy can make $2,500 for these, more power to him, but "Ex caveat emptor!" ("To the buyer, beware!")

The auction reminds me of the robots in disguise line. I recall that not too long ago, there was a crap load of megabolt megatrons on ebay; This figure was suppose to be in a previous line, but was cancelled. The auctions for him would go around the 80-90, all, but one auction included a red missle instead of the blue that he was intended to have, were all loose. All the auction claimed that these WILL not hit retail and are from the cancell line. However, what is strange is none of them had boxes since the sellers said that these were ready to be shipped in package and all, just before they were cancelled.

There was one that was missing a head and went a lot

Weeks later?, Hasbro announced that megatron megabolt will be a kb exclusive for the Robots in Disguise line. He even had red missles rather than the blue that the cancelled figure has. This explained why none of the megatrons on ebay had boxes; they must have opened them since the boxes were from the RID line. So, the marvel repaint auction smells fishy to me since 2500 for two still seems a lot cheaper for prototypes and like you said, why would they bother makin the toys?

• 2 months later...

im proboly going to get alot of heat from this post, but in case you didnt see them eleswhere:

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

its called " WAY TOO MUCH MONEY " and since i already have the other 285 marvel legends figures i figured why not.

sort of like winning powerball, big game and mega millions all in 1 weekend.

:D

Looks great Blackcat2006!

So you keep these all in a spare room--is it drywalled, or just all concrete walls?

Reason I ask is I will be moving soon and am weighing the options of where to store all my collection. Might be in a basement area (heated and cooled) but I want to find out how others display/keep theirs and how the temperature affects the collection, be it inside the packages or outside.

Again I am glad to see you got the Luke Cage and Pyslocke variants!

lucky you for having too much money but i cant stop shaking my head for buying those and supporting a jack@$$. but i guess if you have the money and want them that much, why not i suppose.

oh yeah i think you beat just about everyone in having the biggest marvel legends collection... good god.

Congrats on the haul! It must be really nice to have a huge chunk of change!!! I'm sure any one of us would have bidded if we had that kind of money and not worry about anything else. You must have an impressive collection!!!! Again, congrats on owning some of the rarest figures. I take it you have all the standard ML variants?

Oh I noticed @loll@ Congrats though! If you have the money, why not?!?! Though I might cry when Hasbro releases the Psylocke and possibly the Cage later on.......... @loll@

Draven

Congrats on the haul! It must be really nice to have a huge chunk of change!!! I'm sure any one of us would have bidded if we had that kind of money and not worry about anything else.

not me man... not me. I wouldn't pay that much for any toy... not even if I were a millionaire.,,, its just a waste of money to me... money that could be much more useful applied elsewhere

yeah but its his money, let him do with it what he wants.......i mean hell i paid 400 to get the series 8 + variants 2 to 3 months before everyone else.