Unidentified hero shot on steps of Federal Courthouse

JayC

Sorry, im sure someone is gonna be mad that i didnt put spoilers in the title, even though its all over the news, so I edited the title, its just such a hard time for me right now @screamer@

Don't worry. He's a Marvel hero, they'll resurrect him anyways :D

I instantly didn't take it all that serious. I was shocked it was made such a big deal when everyone in their right mind knows comic character are constantly revived no matter how unlikely they could survive their previous "death." But then I read this quote from JoeQ:

"There was period in comics where characters would just die and then be resurrected. And the death had very little meaning and the resurrection had very little meaning," he said. "All I ask of my writers is if you're going to kill a character off, please let that death have some meaning in the overall scope of things."

Suddenly I’m taking it a lot more seriously, even though I’d bet eventually Steve Rogers will be brought back - it may be a while.

I could see them not bring him back. They should have done this to end the civil war storyline though.

It's all about money. Marvel knew we'd all buy CW7 no matter what, but Cap #25 would've sold hardly any copies in comparison. Moving this event to that title sells thousands more copies and brings in a few new readers who will stick around to see the rest of the story.

I could see them not bring him back. They should have done this to end the civil war storyline though.

It's all about money. Marvel knew we'd all buy CW7 no matter what, but Cap #25 would've sold hardly any copies in comparison. Moving this event to that title sells thousands more copies and brings in a few new readers who will stick around to see the rest of the story.

Very true, i probably would not have picked it up, but now will probably do so to just read it. Great point.

Very true, i probably would not have picked it up, but now will probably do so to just read it. Great point.

i dont think its about the $ at all. as stated in the news clip and as most of us know by now the whole civil war line was/is an allegory to the real life 9-11, war on terror, etc. there are several ways you can look at the ending of civil war. one being that cap was killed by those he loved and fought to protect like the values of america is slowly being eroded by its own people. another is that old idealist who dont want to accept change are hurting america by stunting its ability to grow. i myself tend to side with the first thought more than the second.

i dont think its about the $ at all. as stated in the news clip and as most of us know by now the whole civil war line was/is an allegory to the real life 9-11, war on terror, etc. there are several ways you can look at the ending of civil war. one being that cap was killed by those he loved and fought to protect like the values of america is slowly being eroded by its own people. another is that old idealist who dont want to accept change are hurting america by stunting its ability to grow. i myself tend to side with the first thought more than the second.

I disagree. The Cap thing is still tied directly to CW, regardless of the focus of the miniseries. From a story point it would've worked just as well to have him die at the end of the mini and then pick up in his own book. The fact is that Marvel will make thousands of extra dollars on Cap #25 by having the actual death in that issue. It's a more marketable situation.

Will my ML wave 1 cap now go up in value??? :D

Maybe it's just because I don't read Wizard anymore, but I'm kinda suprised that I'm suprised by this. I mean, I had NO idea this was coming, so props for keeping it under wraps I guess.