All of us Dolphin fans get ready for another ride!

JayCueBatman

If you are faint of heart or have a weak stomach this news will upset you and please you if you are Dolphins fan!! It looks like Ricky is passin the joints all around the Dolphins war room!!

The Bad- Releasing Randy McMicheal, Kevin Carter, and WES WELKER!!!

I wasnt too upset with the others like Harrington and Leto, but WELKER WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM LAST YEAR!! and to add insult to injury he gets traded to the freakin PATRIOTS!!! i swear if Welker runs a punt or a kickoff for a TD as a Pat im gonna be very upset!!!

The Good- we got some decent draft pick #'s and a TE from GB im not sure if its Bubba Franks, but i know i heard we got a TE from GB. Also we get Joey Porter from the Steelers! So the D looks good again!!

Porter, Thomas, and Crowder thats a 3 i wouldnt want to be up against!!

• 1 month later...
If you are faint of heart or have a weak stomach this news will upset you and please you if you are Dolphins fan!! It looks like Ricky is passin the joints all around the Dolphins war room!!

The Bad- Releasing Randy McMicheal, Kevin Carter, and WES WELKER!!!

I wasnt too upset with the others like Harrington and Leto, but WELKER WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM LAST YEAR!! and to add insult to injury he gets traded to the freakin PATRIOTS!!! i swear if Welker runs a punt or a kickoff for a TD as a Pat im gonna be very upset!!!

The Good- we got some decent draft pick #'s and a TE from GB im not sure if its Bubba Franks, but i know i heard we got a TE from GB. Also we get Joey Porter from the Steelers! So the D looks good again!!

Porter, Thomas, and Crowder thats a 3 i wouldnt want to be up against!!

I'm totally with you on all of that but I think the worst loss was Randy McMicheal, he always seemed to be a player that played hard on everydown....also WELKER can kiss my you know what going to the PATS...To be honest I would welcome Ricky back with open arms cause our record with him speaks volumes. Off the field is a different thing but I want him as a football player. I'm hoping the Fins also get lucky enough to have Brady Quinn fall to us at the 9th pick......I'm hoping!!!!! Plus Cam Cameron is calling the plays this year.....maybe the Fins can be the Jets of last year. The TE we got from GB was David Martin......solid player but no McMicheal IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Cleveland-Browns---Helmet-Poster-C10281975.jpeg

@bananna@ @bananna@ @bananna@ @bananna@ @bananna@ @bananna@

Yeah your Browns did alright in the draft. I think they pulled off a great one getting Thomas AND Quinn. Offensively they have a top OL, QB, WR (Braylon Edwards) and TE (Winslow) now they need a premier back (next years draft?) and they might be able to make some noise.

Yeah your Browns did alright in the draft. I think they pulled off a great one getting Thomas AND Quinn. Offensively they have a top OL, QB, WR (Braylon Edwards) and TE (Winslow) now they need a premier back (next years draft?) and they might be able to make some noise.

Yeah, I really don't see Jamal Lewis being able to do too much for them this year. I think his tank in about only 1/4 full now. The Ravens traded up by moving him out, and picking up that dude from Buffalo.

I'm pretty stoked right now, :)

I was almost hoping for another crap year though, so Romeo Crennel would get the BOOT, and they'd go for Marty Schottenheimer, ending the bad streak we've been on ever since Modell fired him! Thus coming back full circle to our Super Bowl contending ways.

I was almost hoping for another crap year though, so Romeo Crennel would get the BOOT, and they'd go for Marty Schottenheimer, ending the bad streak we've been on ever since Modell fired him! Thus coming back full circle to our Super Bowl contending ways.

Well I don't think playoffs are in their futre yet. Quinn has to develop and like I said they need a RB. How's their D? I don't really know much about it.

Well I don't think playoffs are in their futre yet. Quinn has to develop and like I said they need a RB. How's their D? I don't really know much about it.

Their D's always been up & down, but with such a lousy O (as they've always had) it's hard to tell, when they're totally wore out from being on the field the whole game. ^_^

Didn't meant to hijack the topic with Browns chatter, but I knew Quinn was the expected selection for the Dolphins, and I was surprised they took Ginn. Maybe they mispoke? Said Quinn, but was heard as Ginn?

@lol@

Well im pretty confident that IF we can snag Green for a season we might be ok. Plus i feel Ginn, might be ok for us...not as a #9 pick but for some reason i think Quinn might turn out to be another Ryan Leaf

Well im pretty confident that IF we can snag Green for a season we might be ok. Plus i feel Ginn, might be ok for us...not as a #9 pick but for some reason i think Quinn might turn out to be another Ryan Leaf

I don't know about another Ryan Leaf......thats kinda harsh.....maybe the next Brian Griese is more like it. I wanted Quinn bad.....but the more and more I think about it he may not really be that good. I know he has all the records to show it but who has Notre Dame really played in the last couple years? I mean he's playing Navy, NC, Georgia Tech, BYU, not huge powerhouses when you think of football. Yeah I mean he lit those teams up but when he got around High Caliber teams like USC, Michigan and LSU he kinda tanked. I'm not saying he's bad but I think he's going to need a lot of work to live up to his hype. Green can come in and may do well for a couple seasons but where are the Dolphins going to be 2-3 years from now????? Thats my question???

I guess some teams out there had Beck or Edwards higher than Quinn so if the Dolphins felt Beck was better and got both Beck and Ginn Jr then maybe they are not that stupid after all. I still think Ginn Jr was a reach at 9 though.

Well, at least Quinn will have some of the pressure taken off of him now that he's a 22nd pick overall. If he tanks, the Browns can always say 'At least he wasn't our first overall pick.' Not to mention the money they'll save now. You can't tell me Quinn can make lottery pick type money now.

And I really don't think the comparisons to Leaf are fitting. I'm thinking more like Eli Manning. He'll put up some numbers, and make his team better than they were, but he's not Pro Bowl material, and won't lead anyone to a championship in the NFL as a starter.

Well I dont know about that Trent Dilfer wasn't exactly an elite QB nor was Rothelisberger (no idea how to spell it) or Brad Johnson and they QB'ed their teams to championships.

Not trying to compare the Browns to either of those teams which obviously had outstanding D's but an elite QB isn't always a requirement for a superbowl.

That is true. I was simply saying Quinn's not going to be the type of QB that CAN carry a team if he's called on to do so like everyone was expecting Eli to do in NY. Quinn, I think, is more comfortable being the guy that can go in there and just do his job without huge expectations. Like Robbie said, Quinn's never faced any real competition, except for a few games where he didn't do so well. If he was on a better team (no offense meant, the Browns just aren't that great right now), I think he would have a great rookie season. Of course, he probably wouldn't be a starter for a great team. Anyway, I'm starting to talk in circles. I think you'll get what I meant by rereading my first sentence.

Oh gotcha. Yeah I can see him being in that Dilfer, Johnson, Rothlisberger role of doing enough to not lose the game but not necessarily putting the team on his back and winning them a championship. But to do that you gotta have a great team (particularly defense) like Baltimore, Tampa and Pittsburg did those years.

And now Dolphin fans get hit with the news that Ricky Williams tested positive yet AGAIN, and can not be reinstated until September. Which means, even if Miami wants to cut him, they can't do it until he's reinstated. So, he's filling a spot on their roster, and isn't contributing anything to the team. Seems like the story of his life since '04.

And now Dolphin fans get hit with the news that Ricky Williams tested positive yet AGAIN, and can not be reinstated until September. Which means, even if Miami wants to cut him, they can't do it until he's reinstated. So, he's filling a spot on their roster, and isn't contributing anything to the team. Seems like the story of his life since '04.

They can't cut him until September? I didn't know that. I think it's safe to say he's had his last chance at playing in the NFL with the latest drug test. What a pity; so much talent.

Well, it's not like there really is any competition in their division. You can try to count the Jets if you want. But I think last year was the last good year they had left. I'm predicting about 4-5 years of misery for them. And Buffalo. Well, is there really any need to say anything there? Miami won't be much of a threat unless they can land Trent Green. And even then, the best receiver he would have had will be catching for the Pats. So, yeah, the Pats will most likely win their division. They should.