G.I.Joe 25th Anniversary: 5 More Of The 25

The Wire

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like these as well. Obviously there are a few customizers that could do an even better job, but as a mass release item, these to me are much better than most of what hasbro has done, and I prefer the no o-ring, even if it makes some of the characters look like they are wearing diapers, as some board members pointed out LOL.

If these do not sell well I will be very surprised. For all the people that don't like these, do the new images help or do you still not like them?

Personally, I like the stands better than anything else in the pics. Anyone notice SS is still on a Cobra stand, too?

I didn't notice but thanks for pointing it out, also does the color of the Cobra Officer look llighter compared to the trooper or am I just being thrown off by the darker blue of CC v2?

These look great as have the previous ones. I can already hear my wallet pleading for mercy. lol

Yeah, I noticed SS on the Cobra stand.

on another note, quick question. I am not sure if this has been addresed before, but do the heads (like the old joes) move, or are they stationary?

these heads are like the Major barrage head so they should have the same range of motion, ie 360 degrees, but I could be wrong.

I like these as well. Obviously there are a few customizers that could do an even better job, but as a mass release item, these to me are much better than most of what hasbro has done, and I prefer the no o-ring, even if it makes some of the characters look like they are wearing diapers, as some board members pointed out LOL.

If these do not sell well I will be very surprised. For all the people that don't like these, do the new images help or do you still not like them?

I won't say that I outright don't like them. But, not being a fan of Marvel Legends or that style of action figure, these just really aren't my cup o' tea. They don't look horrendus, but there are still some issues that can be addressed.

Yeah, I noticed SS on the Cobra stand.

Might just be that someone doesn't know the whole deal. You know, like the guy that does the lame poses for these pics. Or maybe Hasbro isn't trying to confuse any of the kids out there by having a major character switch sides without a real explaination behind it. I know I was really thrown off as a kid when the SS V2 came out. I hadn't read any of the comics, so I knew nothing of the story behind it. Just what was briefly covered on the file card.

i think that ss needs a bit more detailing like the first one we saw and it would be perfect :) aside from not having an o-ring of course ;) i'm really only looking forward to the single packed troopers/officers ss and se. anyone else think the v2 style snake eyes head looks kinda... i dunno off a bit. again i ask WHY ARE THEIR SWORDS SOOO TINY!! hopefully its just the pics. i like this cc better all around. only other figure i want to see is a bat. hope they make 'em

eh, i don't like it but i guess i can deal with stormy's cobra stand, not really a huge deal i guess as long as they don't slap a cobra logo on him. These pics do seem to be better of each one, i think it's the best shot of the duke/flint torso we have gotten. Flint does have camo, but he also has the eagle that will need to be dremeled off once i get him.

I'm dying for these guys they need to hurry up and get released!

The "new 5" look much better in these pics.

I knew they would include SS's tattoo!

What bout those stands? They are clearly retooled from the stands that come with Star Wars figs (SAGA). Nothing wrong about it though, as I see they sculpted Gijoe and Cobra emblems for them.

Flint looks awesome. Nuff said!

I like SE V2 much more now.

Still, whoever poses these figures for the pics should be fired.

Also - These still look like prototypes, so I'm sure the mass releases will look even better, especially in their paint applications.

I think they all look a ton better. The head on SE v.2 doesn't look nearly as squished.

Phoenixsword: not sure what you mean about the swords being too tiny (not picking a fight either, just curious). The one in SS's left hand is I think supposed to be reminiscient of his short sword from v.1 (I know it didn't come with v.2 but I did always like the idea). Otherwise, I think his normal sword looks to be about the right size. Same with SE v. 2 - that sabre was always a bit smaller. Actually, I'm impressed with the proportions considering the VvsV swords were always a bit big for the figures (with the exception of a slight few).

Anyway, just curious about it.

I was gonna actually say I'm glad they gave CC his V1 gun, now here's hoping it snaps on that back of his

It does. JayC stated so and there are some pics of CC's back at TNI's gallery I think. ARBCO's got a sample of CC too, should any further confirmation be needed :)

i think that ss needs a bit more detailing like the first one we saw and it would be perfect :) aside from not having an o-ring of course ;) i'm really only looking forward to the single packed troopers/officers ss and se. anyone else think the v2 style snake eyes head looks kinda... i dunno off a bit. again i ask WHY ARE THEIR SWORDS SOOO TINY!! hopefully its just the pics. i like this cc better all around. only other figure i want to see is a bat. hope they make 'em

I think its just the angles but Storm Shadow does have a long and short sword and I also agree with the CC, he's a lot less cartoony in this version

Too bad they (hasbro) cancelled Wave 4 DTC.

after the 25th anniversery line, its looks like thats it for 3 3/4" line, except for the outstanding club exclusives, and now with the Sigma 6 cartoon cancelled, it makes you wonder how long GI Joe as a toy is going to last.

Maybe they should consolidate all of the Joe forums everywhere on the net, that way it seems like there is more news.

Kinda stinks if you ask me...

stupid hasbro :-(