Has anyone ever played this?

stormfan

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Heroes-boardgam...1QQcmdZViewItem

I was thinking about buying this game and I was wondering if anyone's ever seen it or played it before? It sounds kind of fun.

Here's a discription for the game from another auction:

THE ULTIMATE MARVEL UNIVERSE STRATEGY GAME!

The heroes of the Marvel™ universe come to life in MARVEL HEROES: the Board Game! Thwarting robberies, solving mysteries, and rescuing citizens from danger are all in a day's work for members of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and the Marvel Knights ... unless there's a super villain involved!

In MARVEL HEROES, 2-4 players each take on the role of a popular super-team straight from the pages of Marvel comics, including such well-known heroes as Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain America, and the Fantastic Four. Simultaneously, they take the role of an evil Mastermind, whether it's the Kingpin of Crime, Dr. Doom, the Red Skull, or the mutant terrorist Magneto. They will fight crime and progress their story as super heroes, and work to complete their villainous plans as Masterminds, all competing to be the most successful at both tasks.

The action unfolds in New York City, on an impressively detailed and accurate map depicting Manhattan Island as well as Brooklyn and Queens. Players will respond to dangerous and crimnal events, represented by Headlines, that crop up across the city, sending members of their super hero team to rescue citizens, fight crime, and battle super villains. Meanwhile, the dastardly Masterminds work to their own purposes - and especially to defeat their Nemesis super-team!

Marvel Heroes includes high-quality 40mm plastic figures of many of the major Marvel Super Heroes, including Wolverine, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men, as well as an array of Super Villains.

Everything you need to play is included in the game:

1 Game Board

16 fully-painted Superhero figures

4 fully-painted Mastermind Villain figures

8 Dice

36 Headline cards

24 Story cards

12 Master Plan cards

12 Team Power-Up cards

50 Resource cards

50 Villain cards

10 Scenario cards

4 Team reference cards

16 Superhero reference cards

4 Mastermind Villain reference cards

1 First Player token

1 Archnemesis token

12 Combat Power tokens (4 sets of 3)

1 Game Round marker

1 Action Round marker

4 Team Victory Point markers

13 Superhero Wound/KO tokens

36 Threat tokens

52 Plot Point tokens

1 Trouble Level track marker

• 4 weeks later...

I just found this at my local comic book store today and bought it. I haven't really had the time to read over the instructions yet, but at first glance the game seems kind of complicated. After I read it though, I'll let you guys know.

Yeah, I have never seen this board game before either, but it does look fun. The game pieces/figurines look very cool anyway, I'd buy this game :D