DTC series 4

supreme-d

yeah, but to be honest, I dont mind.. Out of all the waves, I think wave 4 was the weakest.. Falcon just plain sucked as Falcon, Munitia really needed a little more lovin' I always saw pics and thougth that her shoulder problem was just cause of a prototype.. but her extra wide shoulders are even in the prototype that I got, which is basically a unpainted finished figure...

Outback was interesting, though, he looked nothing like the original outback.. the only think I like is the head.. witch can easily be cast and copied...

To be honest.. I didn't really like thetwo army builders.. the soldier/officer was a pretty week figure.. I didn't like the torso and that helmet REALLY REALLY SUCKED...

The Night Viper, while I was really excited when I found out they were bringing him out.. as soon as I saw the first pic.. I was devastated... I love the night viper.. but man.. they really really picked the wrong body parts for him...

Oh.. Airtight was really the only figure I wanted to get.. I liked that body cast in those colors.. if there's one figure that I would want to still one day get, it's that Airtight.

I love new characters so I was so excited to hear about Munitia. Was also looking forward to possibly army building the Night Vipers.

I was a little bummed when I heard the news until I managed to score a product sample of Munitia. Now I got her for my collection and I can't complain. Even though the rest won't come out, that is okay. I am definitely not disappointed anymore.

Just for my edification, where there any RAH reissues (figures or vehicles) with this Wave 4? Hell, are there any planned for 2007?

I've been out of the loop for a while.

No, and mostly likely no. Vehicles are a longshot, and probably not all that likely in '07.

Oh.. Airtight was really the only figure I wanted to get.. I liked that body cast in those colors.. if there's one figure that I would want to still one day get, it's that Airtight.

I have the Airtight (procured from our friendly HK dealer of course) and I don't love it. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to have it but at this point mostly to see what is worth if I choose to sell it someday.

The look of the figure is average at best and is decidedly low tech for a guy who should be high tech. It is as if he downgraded.

Nope, could care less about them all but Outback to be honest. He is the only one I really liked. Falcon sucked ass, and Airtight was a huge letdown, almost as much as the crap called Night Viper.

Draven

Nope, could care less about them all but Outback to be honest. He is the only one I really liked. Falcon sucked ass, and Airtight was a huge letdown, almost as much as the crap called Night Viper.

Draven

Thank you for reading my mind.

I really want that Outback, though.

Draven

Thank you for reading my mind.

I really want that Outback, though.

These i was looking forward to

the night viper looked cool to me and outback was ok air tight diferent

to be honest i thought it to be the best wave out of

all the dtc waves

robuk @dumbpc@

I couldn't get past Munitia's weird looking arms. And the Officer was simply a repaint of the soldier, which I didn't care for either. Airtight looked odd to me. Not really bad, but nothing great. Falcon was plain lame. He didn't even halfway resemble any version of his previous figures. Though I loved the character, I would never have bought that figure. Night Viper began to grow on me at the very end after seeing a few reviews of the character all geared up. I wouldn't have army built it, but might have bought about 3 of them. Outback was the main attraction for me. I know he was basically just a repainted Barrage, but I think he came out how I always pictured the character.

I am a little dissapointed.

I feel bad for the guys that put so much effort into collecting, reporting on, and creating message boards for the line, what about them and all thier hard work.

it has to feel like a punch in the stomach..

I am only a collector and I feel that way.

I am a little dissapointed.

I feel bad for the guys that put so much effort into collecting, reporting on, and creating message boards for the line, what about them and all thier hard work.

C'est la vie. I try to be realistic about things like this as quite often my tastes are far from mainstream. (My obsession with Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys is proof of that.) Hasbro didn't feel that the line (DTC) was commercially viable-- especially with the 25th product looming on the horizon. They showcased Wave 4 at Toy Fair and the Joe Con but it seems that the retailer (and the fan) interest just wasn't there. So, they scrapped one wave of figures in favor of the new style 25th line. Now, this doesn't mean that we'll NEVER see these figs released but it means that we won't be seeing them any time soon at mass retail. Personally, I'd love to get my hands on one of those gray VvV Firefly figs that surface on Ebay a year or so ago but those went the way of Wave 4. (The same can be said for that uber-slick 3.75" Sigma 6 Cobra Commander.)

Of the entire wave, my biggest regret is that the Night Viper isn't going to see release. I wasn't initially sold on it but seeing it in person really won me over.

However, now it's time to prep for the 25th Collection. I want my Gung-Ho!!!