Mark Wahlberg as Duke (possibly) in Live Action G.I. Joe

BrotherShane

o wait the ultimate question for this movie. Who is Cobra Commander?

we are only brushing the surface until we figure out who the ultimate terrorist leader is.

do u think Gary Oldman could pull it off ?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are only brushing the surface until we figure out who the ultimate terrorist leader is.

Oldman could pull off the entire Cobra cast. That guy is the ultimate villian actor.

Oldman could pull off the entire Cobra cast. That guy is the ultimate villian actor.

So would he be best utilized as CC or could there be another villian he could do more justice too?

good call on oldman. He would be sick. ever see him in true romance. Just dope. it would be ashame to put him behind a mask. But consider this, cc, destro, stormshadow, and firefly all have masks. Zartan and bludd don't but you need a really strong commander.

you have a point there, they would want to give him face time. they may even pull a darth vader with CC, and as this has the possibility of being an origin story you would have CC having maskless time at the beginning of the film so I bet they could work with that and Gary Oldman would probably be fine with that.

I hate to disappoint everyone here BUT if Hollywood goes the same route as THE TRANSFORMERS movie due out in June, none of the characters will have any recognizable roles:

Duke could be played by Jamie Foxx. Roadblock could be played by Jack Black. Scarlet could be played by drew barrymore. Snake Eyes could be played by Elijah Woods.

Thats Hollywood for you.

OMG! That just makes so much sense. Billy Zane as Zartan! He has that sick and disturbed look (like Zartan's original filecard implied), yet still comes off as stylish and badass.

I really don't want them to cram too many characters in this film, though. It is definitely being eyed as a franchise and I've got my finger's crossed.

JLT

nobody likes the idea of the guy from the matrix as roadblock, or am i invisible lol

Spike I agree that Dozer from matrix could be RB, and he would do a good job of representing the character, I have trouble chosing between him and Ving Rhames.

You know what would suck?

If they filled the roles of these seasoned army vets with some young cast

Marky Mark as Duke?!?!?

c'mon, man.

Ray Park is so little. I'd personally prefer Jason Statham as Snake eyes.

the fella from the Matrix would be a good Roadblock.

Billy Zane as Zartan is pretty dead on.

They should go with an unknown actor for Cobra commander, so he won't have to unmask.

Have his voice done by whatever celebrity.

Catherine Zeta-Jones as the Baroness is a no-brainer

I could see Matt Dillon as Flint.

Although we're compiling a list of our ultimate cast, the likely outcome is one or two well known stars, and a few lesser known stars, with some nobodies thrown in to fill out the ranks. The idea that a production company could afford all of the a list stars we would want to see is a bit far fetched. But it is always fun to hope and wish.

Of course wanting an a-list is far fetched but thats half the fun, figureing out which on of the a-listers WILL get in on the action of a GI JOE movie. Personally I'm expecting something like all the other war movies that come out 8-10 characters that are built up and then a bunch of background extras with an occasional line or two. O and one of the big things that lacked in the toons DEATHS. Maybe Duke will finally bite the big one @hmmm@ .

wishful thinking on my part @smilepunch@

HOLY $#&! A G.I. JOE MOVIE???!!!!! NO FRIGGIN' WAAAAYYYY!!!!

#US1#

...however not a fan of Cobra not being there from the beginning...they SHOULD be there but just have Flashbacks to explain how they go there or something....rise of Cobra Commander and whatnot.

ALSO GREAT JOB on the casting bios there....lovely choices 100% who they should choose! Walhberg should be Shipwreck instead of Duke, I agree. ANd the choice for Duke? That's a NO BRAINER MAN...wow, that dude from Walking Tall looks JUUUUST LIKE him!

WOW, more info from Di Bonaventura!:

In terms of "G.I. Joe" don't expect that title to stay, but do expect one new character - "Action Man is the equivalent of G.I. Joe internationally pretty much. It's a different character, but pretty much the same idea and his name is Alex Mann. So we're creating a buddy movie between Duke and Alex. That's what we're doing. All the characters will be there and it'll be really fun, but unfortunately our president has put us in a position internationally where it would be very difficult to release a movie called 'G.I. Joe' internationally in a lot of places".

I actually REALLY dig the idea of NOT having "G.I.Joe" in the title. They could come up with some really good shite instead, something with "Cobra" in it, for instance (in reference to the birth of Cobra).

I would have loved Batman Begins to have a different title, something like "Legend of The Dark Knight". I think "Batman Begins" BLOWS as a title. The film, I liked. Funny thing is, they're naming the sequel "The dark knight", just like they're calling the next Superman film "The Man of Steel".

Anyone remember any good titles from the comics that could be used for the first GIJOE flick?

As for the Action Man bit - It doesn't make much sense to me. Actually it doesn't make any sense at all. Oh well.

BUMP

How about the Crimson Twins-who should play them, and would it be better with one person as both or finding some twins to do it?

Like I said before, once Hollywood gets a hold of the script, they will screw the casting up and probably cast the friggin OLSEN TWINS as the CRIMSON TWINS. @smilepunch@

In terms of "G.I. Joe" don't expect that title to stay, but do expect one new character - "Action Man is the equivalent of G.I. Joe internationally pretty much. It's a different character, but pretty much the same idea and his name is Alex Mann. So we're creating a buddy movie between Duke and Alex. That's what we're doing. All the characters will be there and it'll be really fun, but unfortunately our president has put us in a position internationally where it would be very difficult to release a movie called 'G.I. Joe' internationally in a lot of places".

There you go. Hollywood is screwing it up already. I see where they are coming from since all the mega blusters that are released around the world are BASED on Americans IN AMERICA. :rolleyes: