Mark Wahlberg as Duke (possibly) in Live Action G.I. Joe

BrotherShane

Yeah I like the idea of Dennis Quaid as Hawk, great choice!! WHile he was in the wrong brach for the movie Yours, Mine, and Ours, he looked outstanding in uniform!!

Hawk - Dennis Quaid

Duke - Neil McDonough

Lady Jaye - Katherine Moennig

I think we have the previous 3 down!! Who's next??

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we're on the subject of "dream casting" for the movie, I remember someone mentioned the similarities between Flint and a young Bruce Campbell. Well good ole' Bruce is way too old to play Flint these days, but after having just seen "You, Me and Dupree," I was amazed at how much Matt Dillion looks like a young Bruce Campbell these days. He even does a perfect lop-sided grin. ;)

DillonFlint.jpg

What about Barry Pepper for snakeeyes

Barry would make a perfect pre-injury Snake-Eyes. It would end up being just a cameo though, since he should spend most of the movie behind the mask. Maybe do a quick scene where he unmasks and we see his mangled face.

Mark Wahlberg seems to be a good choice for Duke in my opinion

Here's a few of my picks for other characters

Scarlett : Scarlett Johansson

Stalker : the obvious choice... Samuel L Jackson

Shipwreck : Josh Holloway

Roadblock : Christopher Judge

Flint : David Boreanaz

Gung Ho : Steve Austin

Destro : Ewan McGregor

Lady Jaye : Erica Durance

General Flagg or Hawk : Mark Harmon

Dusty : Michael Shanks

And I think that any GI Joe movie needs to lose the silly plotlines and Sci-Fi elements. No ninja crap.

A GI Joe movie with the type of atmosphere shown in 24 would make a pretty good movie

OHHHHH This one beats all other RoadBlocks and I've been saying this for the longest time. Maybe now someone will actually listen. For the part of Roadblock.... it should be played by Anthony Ray Parker from The first of the Matrix Trilogy.

Stalker? Can't go wrong with Samuel L. Jackson. See those Cobras? Waste the mother@!$#&*!

STALKER.jpg

Another possible Duke:

William Fichtner, here in "Black Hawk Down" as SFC. Sanderson. He can currently be seen in the hit Fox show, "Prison Break".

DUKE-01.jpg

While I agree, both Tommy Lee Jones and Ed Harris aren't picture perfect to be Hawk, they are good actors and Hawk, a General, wouldn't be in an operation anyway. He'd be back at a command center with Mainframe and Breaker.

But here's some pics anyway:

Tommy Lee Jones in "Rules of Engagement"

HAWK-02.jpg

Ed Harris (center) in "The Rock" as Brigadier General Francis X. Hummel, United States Marine Corp..

fcs_lt_0129-1.jpg

try these

Baroness-Cathrine Zeta Jones (aww yeeah)

Roadblock-Vingh Rhames (I think his look is a great match for the original card art of RB)

Heavy Duty-Michael Clark Duncan

Clutch-Owen Wilson (can anyone say that Wilson doesn't have the right personality for this)

Cover Girl-Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (a former model turned actress playing a former model?)

and no Samuel L should def be Stalker either him or Wesley Snipes

o i gotta add another two Spirit-Jay Tavare

Storm Shadow-Jet Li or Mark Dacascos

I could actually see Ving Rhames as a Stalker or Heavy Duty. I really think Anthony Ray Parker would really be a good RoadBlock. Even his personality in The Matrix was good.

While I agree, both Tommy Lee Jones and Ed Harris aren't picture perfect to be Hawk, they are good actors and Hawk, a General, wouldn't be in an operation anyway. He'd be back at a command center with Mainframe and Breaker.

Wrong. That's what makes G.I. Joe different from any other military organization. The overall commanding officer isn't a "desk jockey." While he's not in the midst of battle all the time, Hawk does see his fair share of battle and that's what I've always loved about the character. He fights along side the grunts, even though he's a full-blown general and doesn't have to. It perfectly illustrates the camaraderie of the Joe team. They aren't run by some tie-wearing pencil pusher who's too chicken to dodge bullets with the rest of the troops. Tommy Lee Jones and Ed Harris make great commanding officers in regular military roles, but the Joes need someone who's not just a leader but also a friend. The Joes are a tight-knit unit and Tommy and Ed seem too distant and cold to pull it off. They'd be good as regular military commanders who give Hawk a hard time about how he runs his unit.

Wrong.

I'm familiar with the character of Hawk. But that's not to say, in this instance, in this operation, in this movie, Hawk isn't in a command and control position. This way, we can have a good actor who's well-known in the picture, and he probably wouldn't cost that much given his limited screen time.

That money saved can go to more characters (there should be a limit for the main guys 4-8 at most, plus a few cameos), more good actors in the action parts or SFX or whatever.

Besides which, you just know the focus is gonna be on Duke and Snake-Eyes anyway.

Matt Dillon looks like he can be a good Flint, you're right Omega. So we have to find a spot of Mark W. maybe he can play Falcon? Slipstream? haha yeah based on the newest slipstream figure we've gotten he could look like him, lol i know he wouldn't be a character probably but you never know.

could Wahlberg get away with being Grunt or Wet-Suit, someone like that?

Also wouldn't Berry Pepper be better suited as Low light or even Cross hairs?

If this is going to be an origins movie should we consider the fact that Hawk was the field commander so should we look for a field leader instead of a desk jockey?

or if they just have lots of characters and don't do backgrounds on many of them

then they could just grab a bunch of the extras from Black Hawk Down, Saving Private

Ryan, etc and put them in Joe uniforms of different characters and then cover them in

later movies, kinda like how they did the xmen movies, changing the actor when they

finally decide to cover the character in the story, unless its a main character of course.

and if you want to go for a more rough n tumble version of FLint, i thought Russel Crow might do rather well, that is if you can get him to do this kind of movie.

Wrong.

I'm familiar with the character of Hawk. But that's not to say, in this instance, in this operation, in this movie, Hawk isn't in a command and control position. This way, we can have a good actor who's well-known in the picture, and he probably wouldn't cost that much given his limited screen time.

That money saved can go to more characters (there should be a limit for the main guys 4-8 at most, plus a few cameos), more good actors in the action parts or SFX or whatever.

Besides which, you just know the focus is gonna be on Duke and Snake-Eyes anyway.

It's always box office death whenever they mess around with an established property's history too much. I think making Hawk a "suit" is about as big a change as you can do, taking the unit's commander and saying he's not going to get involved in a fire-fight. The point of GI Joe is that even the leader isn't afraid to see battle. You change that, and they're just like any other military unit. You've killed some of what makes it special. If you want to do a big-name cameo casting, then how about using General Flagg as the top honcho who never sees battle? You can't cage up a guy named "Hawk." It's just wrong.

could Wahlberg get away with being Grunt or Wet-Suit, someone like that?

Also wouldn't Berry Pepper be better suited as Low light or even Cross hairs?

If this is going to be an origins movie should we consider the fact that Hawk was the field commander so should we look for a field leader instead of a desk jockey?

or if they just have lots of characters and don't do backgrounds on many of them

then they could just grab a bunch of the extras from Black Hawk Down, Saving Private

Ryan, etc and put them in Joe uniforms of different characters and then cover them in

later movies, kinda like how they did the xmen movies, changing the actor when they

finally decide to cover the character in the story, unless its a main character of course.

and if you want to go for a more rough n tumble version of FLint, i thought Russel Crow might do rather well, that is if you can get him to do this kind of movie.

Barry Pepper as Lowlight would be great, but I wonder if he'd be against being typecast. He was already a sniper in Saving Private Ryan. :)

You're right, since this is an origin movie, Hawk should be the field commander. He doesn't have to be the main character, Duke can be his second in command and do most of the work, but Hawk should definitely be there on the field with them. If the first movie is successful and they make a franchise out of it, Hawk can progress into an elderly "suit" type of commander and Duke takes over as field commander.

Russel Crow would make an awesome Flint...but then again, Russel Crow would make an awesome anybody. :) But with his asking price, it's not going to happen.

try these

Baroness-Cathrine Zeta Jones (aww yeeah)

Roadblock-Vingh Rhames (I think his look is a great match for the original card art of RB)

Heavy Duty-Michael Clark Duncan

Clutch-Owen Wilson (can anyone say that Wilson doesn't have the right personality for this)

Cover Girl-Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (a former model turned actress playing a former model?)

and no Samuel L should def be Stalker either him or Wesley Snipes

o i gotta add another two Spirit-Jay Tavare

Storm Shadow-Jet Li or Mark Dacascos

Great call on Jay Tavare -- he could be a great Airborne too.

I think we should go younger for Stalker, as much as I love Samuel L., I think I would nominate Jeffrey Wright.

Baroness -- Angelina Jolie...do we dare?

Whoever suggested Dozer from the Matrix as Roadblock, good call.

Stone Cold would be a money Gung-Ho.

What if Owen Wilson played Rock & Roll (former surfer) and Mark Ruffalo was Clutch?

Harrison Ford should play, like, General Flagg, alongside James Earle Jones as another General.

Voosloo would work as Destro; Patrick Stewart is prolly too old now.

Rufus Sewell could play Major Bludd.

Guy Pearce could do a great Zartan.

Have Ewan play Snow Job.

Heath Ledger as Ace.

Christian Bale as Ripcord?

And I would cast either Cillian Murphy or Mads Mikkelsen as Firefly.

Matt Dillon looks like he can be a good Flint, you're right Omega. So we have to find a spot of Mark W. maybe he can play Falcon? Slipstream? haha yeah based on the newest slipstream figure we've gotten he could look like him, lol i know he wouldn't be a character probably but you never know.

I've been trying to figure out what to do with Mark Wahlberg. He's not right for Duke, Flint or Hawk in my opinion. There has to be another fan-favourite character that he would be perfect for, but I just couldn't think of it until I remembered The Perfect Storm. How about:

MarkShipwreck.jpg

he'd be a good flagg i think but we'd need to change his hair color , but i also think he could be a , wow the guys name slipped my mind, who was the gy that was supposed to be in dtc wave 4 with the red heair? outback? was that it?

We might not see Wahlberg as Duke but remember, people didn't think Michael Keaton could play Batman or that Toby Mquire (sp?) could be Spider-Man

I think this should go the way of Superman though and get virtual unknowns for the big name characters