Hey guys,

I just read these articles and thought you may be interested in the links:

iesb.net article

Moviehole.net article

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, Wahlberg is a good actor and Im sure he could do a good job, but i just dont see him as Duke.

Im all for a live action movie, hell please make a Trilogy. Just have plenty of cobra armies in it and a mech or 2 and i'll be happy. :)

Hmmm, Wahlberg is a good actor and Im sure he could do a good job, but i just dont see him as Duke.

I agree, Wahlberg doesn't really look like a leader, though, that could be that he's usually a supporting cast member all the time. I would nominate Jack Bauer, AKA Keifer Sutherland. If he told you to drop your weapon, you damn well better listen.

They also mention Hawk as being one of the main characters [as well as Snake-Eyes]. For Hawk, I would mind seeing Tommy Lee Jones (Rules of Engagement) or Ed Harris (The Rock).

I did what I thought was a good cast list over at imdb.com, I had Harrison Ford as Hawk and I'd like to see

Ray Park as Snake-Eyes (he did Darth Maul in SW Episode 1)

Does anyone else think that Stone Cold Steve Austin would make a great Gung-Ho?

Oh and I agree that Wahlberg should be able to pull off the role rather well but he isn't my top choice.

I hope that they try to make the Joes realistic. The Cobras can be crazy and out there. But I think this could be awesome if it's more realistic. No M.A.S.S. Devices or Weather Dominators. I kind of envision an attack on the UN building( that might be going to realistic and probably too soon from 9/11 though, so that idea is more than likely not going to happen) where Cobra does away with some world leaders and replaces them with CGs. and the US creates GIJoe to counter extreme terrorists after the attack. I also wouldn't mind seeing an appearance by the Oktober Guard if there's a sequel.

This is a VERY, VERY good sign.

I thought the project was dead, once again.

But Mark Wahlberg? Love him or hate him, you've got to admit he is a big name in Hollywood these days.

SO... taking that into account (and the fact that he is more than fine as an actor), I foresee good things in the horizon.

He ain't my first choice for Duke either, but I think he'll do just fine (if he is cast after all).

And yes, Ray Park as Snake Eyes should be a given. It's been suggested since the beginning of times and I totally agree.

Last year, Latino Review had published a review of a Gijoe draft (script) and they were very happy about it. Many fans didn't like the reworking of the canon at all, but I disagree. As long as the essence of Gijoe is kept, changes are welcome, expected and more than logical.

I want them to make it realistic... and I'm sure that's exactly what they're gonna do.

I like the fact that the first film will be about the creation of the organization known as Cobra. According to Latino Review, the mind behind it all was actually Destro and not CC. I thought this was quite intelligent. I always pictured Destro as the real mastermind anyways. I picture CC as Hitler - someone "used" by the real bad guys behind the scenes.

SPOILERS?? :

They also said that CC (codenamed "Rex") had originally been a member of the G.I.Joe team. While this is a little "clichéd", I'm not really against it. Granted, we all like how the Comics never really fully revealed CC's past. Many of us even liked the idea that he was once a used cars salesman.

BUT WELL... you can't get all you want, can ya.

/SPOILERS

As long as the film is actually good and keeps the essence of Gijoe (which is - Gijoe VS Cobra), I'm all for it.

And yes, Ray Park as Snake Eyes should be a given. It's been suggested since the beginning of times and I totally agree.

I'm not sure that's a given. there are plenty of actor/martial artists who can ssume the role of a mute ninja-commando. not sure how being Darth Maul makes him the perfect choice for SE's. in fact, I think it makes him less likely.

I just watched Flags of Our Fathers the other day and was amazed at how much Neal McDonough looks like Duke. I think he's the closest match to the original Duke figure card art I've ever seen:

Duke.jpg

He's got that old fashioned "war hero" look to him with the squint and gritting teeth. I like Mark Walberg's acting, but I don't think he has the right voice for Duke, and he's also too timid. He never stands out in a crowd, he's always the "gosh, golly, can this really be happening?" type of guy like the characters he played in Rockstar, Invincible and so many other movies. He's too naive. Neal McDonough would be perfect though. Intelligent, tough, intense and a great leader-type. Perfect for Duke.

I did what I thought was a good cast list over at imdb.com, I had Harrison Ford as Hawk and I'd like to see

Ray Park as Snake-Eyes (he did Darth Maul in SW Episode 1)

Does anyone else think that Stone Cold Steve Austin would make a great Gung-Ho?

Oh and I agree that Wahlberg should be able to pull off the role rather well but he isn't my top choice.

Budget is everything when casting movies so we hardly ever get to have a "dream cast" in a movie and most of the people cast will probably be lesser-known stars, but HOLY SMOKES are you ever right about Harrison Ford! I was racking my brain trying to think of an older actor who could pull off Hawk, since Hawk still gets physical on the battle field, and who could be better than Harrison Ford? Good call!

If they can't get Harrison for Hawk, there's always Harrison Ford V2: Dennis Quaid :D

About Ray Park as SE: I know it ain't a given - nothing's a given! I said it "should" be a given! :P

Clive Owen for Flint? Hugh Jackman? :P

Jet Li for Storm Shadow!

I dunno about Destro though... and he's my favorite! Along with the Baroness. Those 2 are tough calls.

Kevin Spacey for Cobra Commander!!! Hahahahaha........ yeah right

anyone for Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy) as Destro?

and as for my Ray Park suggestion, hes acrobatic and an avid martial artist, and he doesn't have to speak so his accent won't be a problem, a perfect choice to me.

and to Omega Trion, yes he could pull of Duke as far as looks go and his acting is great as well, in fact I could see a few of the actors from Band of Brothers who could make a transfer into the GI Joe universe without to much fuss. But yeah dream casting and speculation is only a hope but maybe w'll get lucky with some of these ideas we have.

I can live with that. It works for me.

How bout Stone Cold Steve Austin as Gung Ho...

PERFECT..

Ok, I am wishful thinking.

does anyone want to start doing one of those, "name a character-name who should play him/her"

I think it would be neat to see who wants who to play what.

If you guys want to play just chime in and I can start a new thread and we can see if it goes anywhere.

or we can do it on this thread either way

I'll give us something besides the 25th to talk about and something else to hope for/think about.

Ummm......as much as I like Harrison Ford.....I don't see him as General Hawk. Now Ed Harris in that uniform would be PERFECT. Anyone who argues this fact should just watch THE ROCK...imagine him taking out Cobras or ordering around the Joe team. Maybe even slapping Duke if he gets out of line. Ed Harris is way more suited than Harrison Ford.....I see Hawk as a guy battle tested and all knowing as a General....that man is Ed Harris.

Wahlberg is cool as Duke IMO.....they could have picked worse people. Rob Lowe has to play Tomax and Xamot though......

I don't know if Wahlberg would make a good Duke or not, who knows. Just as long as we get Milla Jovovich as the Baroness I'll be happy and I'll show you why -

ultraviolet4.jpg

that woman is a horrible actress... i'm sorry but... the only film i liked that she was in was "the fifth element" and thats becuase she hardly talked and for another reason i won't mention :) on a side note... they'd have to give her some stuffing to put under her tight leather outfit ... anyway... yeah... ultraviolet was a waste of my money.... cool idea but she just ruined it with her horrible acting.. not to mention everyone else in that movie did a crappy job too...

I'd like to see a movie that Neal McDonough wasn't an antagonist or a... well for lack of a better word a dick. There's probably one out there but i havent seen it. I think he could have some potential.

i wanna see sean connery as destro. how freaking awsome would that be.

Truthfully, nah!! I know Destro is supposed to be Scottish, but that could just be his ancestral home!! I think we need someone with a deep and commanding voice, and someone with height!! I mean anyone could be the body, but have someone give him the voice!!!

Lady Jaye = You know I always thought Catherine Bell, the girl from Jag would be a natural fit! However she is about to hit 40, while still a stunner, if this movie did well, how long could she last??? I've actually thought of someone else! While the body could use some work, ie, gain a few pounds, the one thing she has is her voice! It's got the reminscnent sultryness to it!!! Plus she's young, and could do 3 movies, and it'd be totally out of left field!!! Guys I give you Lady Jaye, Katherine Meoning!!

And I agree, Neil has the look to be Duke!!

Duke - Neil McDonough

Lady Jaye - Katherine Moennig

I like the idea, add people who you think would be perfect for the chacters!!! No need to start a new thread, unless you want to see your name on the topic starter!!:D

Ummm......as much as I like Harrison Ford.....I don't see him as General Hawk. Now Ed Harris in that uniform would be PERFECT. Anyone who argues this fact should just watch THE ROCK...imagine him taking out Cobras or ordering around the Joe team. Maybe even slapping Duke if he gets out of line. Ed Harris is way more suited than Harrison Ford.....I see Hawk as a guy battle tested and all knowing as a General....that man is Ed Harris.

Wahlberg is cool as Duke IMO.....they could have picked worse people. Rob Lowe has to play Tomax and Xamot though......

Ed Harris is a great actor and was fantastic as General Hummel in The Rock, but I don' think he's right for Hawk. First, he's bald. Yeah, I know they could put a wig on him, but it would look silly on Ed Harris. Some actors you can put a wig on and it doesn't look silly, like Sean Connery or Bruce Willis, but some actors you just can't stick a wig on. Ed Harris is too much of a "man's man" to wear a wig. Secondly, he's too angry. Hawk should be stern but also friendly. Someone earlier mentioned Dennis Quaid. I think that would actually be the perfect choice. Gruff but friendly, as a contrast to Duke's serious personality. He's the perfect age to play a general, and he's in good enough shape to still get involved on the battlefield.

QuaidHawk.jpg