Indie Spotlight try to erase!

Shocker Toys

Thank goodness you won't snap up THOSE licenses and deliver very little.

it's a shame you've already got your hands on Scud and the Maxx, when Marvel would've already had the figures on the shelves.

Well said. That Scud proto looks nice, but I seriously doubt we'll EVER see these things. All talk and no delivery.

I am starting to belive all this myself.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocker Toys shut off thier PM link on thier profile, they can't even answer a strait question.

• 1 month later...
Shocker Toys shut off thier PM link on thier profile, they can't even answer a strait question.

Sorry but nothing has been shut off by us. There have been 2 accounts under Shocker Toys banned herer by JayC maybe you PMd that one by mistake. As far as answering a straight questions shoot away. More pics of IS figures will be leaking before Toy Fair then we can debate!

Sorry but nothing has been shut off by us. There have been 2 accounts under Shocker Toys banned herer by JayC maybe you PMd that one by mistake. As far as answering a straight questions shoot away. More pics of IS figures will be leaking before Toy Fair then we can debate!

Will a picture of the Maxx be released before toy fair? Will you guys be showing off the line at the Javits CenteR?

No, because the Maxx isn't complete, just the one arm.

don't you know it takes SEVERAL YEARS to sculpt a figure?, and that it's done limb by limb?

Michael Crawford was right to name Shocker the worst company again this year, and likely next year as well.

Gonna be funny to watch you and Crawford eat your words!

Pics are already up at Image Comic forums in Jim Valentino's section and Rob Schrab's site of new figures!

Maxx pics go up in a few days...........

And yes we will be showing it all at Toy Fair 2008! Javits!

The only ones laughing are myself and Crawford, but I'll pass on your sentiments.

can't wait to see your Toy Fair display, since it's likely the only place I'll EVER see these figures.

You can't even make ACTION FIGURES, how are you gonna make me eat my words?

oh that's right, you'll make me wait several years until you get a prototype of my words sculpted, then you'll show pictures of them to everybody (really it'll only be the first few, because you have to sculpt my words one piece at a time, unlike everybody else who does the whole thing at once).

but you'll NEVER get 'em made, or get around to making me eat them, so I don't have to worry about anything.

you ARE the worst toy company, and as I said before, "If it weren't for Shocker Toys, those Chinese and Mexican Knockoff companies wouldn't have anybody that they're BETTER than!".

I said I would eat my words when you had something to show for your efforts.

but if all you're doing is SHOWING it, I won't eat anything, bring 'em to market, and even then, you have to account for all the time you wasted in marketing them.

how long ago were the protos done on GWAR, Feedback, Metalocalypse, and Scud?, why did it take so damn long?

I am excited for these figures but i d have to agree with alvatron. Why the hell are they taking so long to make? I remember the protos for scud and shadowhawk at least 2 years ago. And i thought the gwar figs were already out from all the buzz and showing them off so long ago. They were never released?

Its good to see that shocker is trying and has even left a newer comment on their status. I just hope its not another 2 years of waiting to see these in stores. Rock that Sh$t out shocker soon or crumble at the might of mexican knockoffs.

I like how Scud turns out, though the proto of ShadowHawk seems to have "diapercrotch." Hopefully, it looks like that is because the test shot is all in one color (the belt gives it a bigger allusion that he is wearing a diaper) and hopefully, once Shocker toys add color to the belt, it doesn't looks like a giant diaper.

So wait, we have to buy the Maxx figure separate in pieces from the others? Because that's how the announcement at CTR makes it sound. Plus the figures are going to be $4 more than ML, DC or LCBH, yet they've got less articulation than most of those? Um yeah, great. And I'd guess they probably won't even be available in major outlets, probably specialty stores & online? 'Cause if Wal-Mart isn't carrying the DC stuff (which they apparently aren't) I don't see them carrying this either. Target & TRU aren't carrying the LCBH, so I doubt they'll pick this up either. Wow, that really ..... sucks.

Hey Guys,

I'm not looking to argue here as I've been waiting a while to see our first comics-to-toys property happen sooner than later. We're signed on with ###### and Shocker Toys and these new shots (although a bit late getting here) look great!. Articulation looks great too! I've been in the comic book business since 2001 when we started out with Roaring Studios (now Dabel Brothers Productions) and then eventually took over as publisher when they unexpectedly regrouped shortly after we were hitting shelves for the first time. It's taken me over a year to get a book that's already been produced to press due to price increases, shady printer deals and more. All this time though I've met with SOTA's former president, Jerry Macaluso who turned me onto ###### and his team and last year I met and had a good half-hour long chat with Marvel Toys president Jesse Falcon. He was a great guy. Younger than I expected and very knowledgeable.

This business is tough, bros. The cost for one line of figures is astronomical even at what most would consider third world country prices. Everything is based on oil costs. "Toys" as we call them are far more than that these days. What used to be a small plaything vaguely resembling a movie or cartoon character is now expected to be a piece of art AND to be diced up in 18-40 POA for our playing enjoyment! You need to be both an artist and an engineer to cut up pieces. Then there is the paint apps and so on. And no matter how many improvements the industry makes we, as fans and collectors, always seem to find the fault in things like diaper looking shapes, ugly female faces, etc. I'm not saying that this is 100% a bad thing as it hopefully makes toy companies take more care from design to the store shelf, but I'm am saying that so much goes into toys as it does to comics.

I can't speak for MT sales to date, but I can say that their great advertising and craftsmanship combined with the built-in big licenses and LEGENDS name hasn't really pushed that line as far as I'm sure they'd like. That being said I'm just now starting to see more and more on shelves at TRU and Wal-Mart (some quicker than others). So just try to keep in mind that sometimes it's better to have something come out when it's ready and then feel free to buy or not buy something depending on your own thoughts on quality or character design and importance. Here are the turnarounds I'm DYING to see Shocker Toys get to before our short contract term expires! lol

http://www.shockertoys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2483

http://www.shockertoys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2520

As a fellow fan of both comics and toys here's to the future coming sooner and quicker and to many more years of cool toys to eat up our wallets and limited shelf space!!!

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, but, for better or worse, MARVEL got the damn things on store shelves.

which is more than I can say for Shocker.

and no, this will never get old for me, because, let's face it, they've promised much, and delivered very little.

I'm just saying that I'm a fan and collector too. I'm looking forward to seeing stuff based on our books for the first time and that the new Shocker Stuff looks great. And why can't we all get along. lol

Stewie: How you uh, how you comin' on that figure line you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of prototypes there? Gotta, gotta nice litte figure you're working on there? Your big action figure line you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling marketing strategy? Yeah? Gotta sweet lineup? Huh? Gotta big line brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? (voice getting higher pitched) Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little license? sweet sculpts, and big-name sculptors? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your company is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? (voice returns to normal) No, no, you deserve some time off.