Shocker Toys

Indie Spotlight try to erase!

Indie Spotlight 6" action figures Series1

(Available June/July 2007)

Image Comic's ShadowHawk, Strangers in Paradise's Katchoo, Video Game and Comic character Scud, David mack's Kabuki and MTV's The Maxx

Variants (Scud'Sol', Alternate ShadowHawk costume, Kabuki alternate costume)

#74236, 52824, 7583, 52285, 629900

MSRP $13.99

Series2 The Tick, Dick Tracy, ???, ???, ???, ???

Other licenses for Indie Spotlight:

Dick Tracy, Lone Ranger, The Phantom, The Tick, Solar:Man of the Atom, Magnus Robot Fighter , Jack Staff, Nexus, The Moth, Retro Rocket, Strangers in Paradise, ShadowHawk, Scud: The Disposable Assassin, ZAPT!, Markus Fang, WildGuard, Earthboy Jacobus, Venger, Thundergod, Robotika, Jetcat, Atomic City, Nira-X, The Skunk, Deadworld, Realm, Jack the Lantern, The Wraith, Metropol, Eddy Current, Liberty Girl and Flare, Honor of the Damned, Katharsis, Bounty Killer, Bushido, Airshell, Unit Primes, Atomika, Zoom Suit, Billy:Demon Slayer, Forces, The Rift, Drunken Monkey, Moonstone Publishing, Badger, Grimjack, Ninja High School, Warrior Nun, Gold Digger, OZF5, Fallen Angel, Tyrant, The Hypernaut, N-Man, The Fury, kabuki, Pistolfist, Nifty Comics and Fist of Justice

Cool. I will certainly buy a toy of the Tick, and Dick Tracy. I might also buy Nexus and SOLAR. I am not really familiar with many of the other characters (im ignorant to most indie comics). How about the rights to Rob Liefelds characters like Supreme and Youngblood? Is anyone approaching him? Also, who owns Miracleman, and is it at al possible that Shocker could make a figure of him. I would buy Miracleman and Supreme in a heartbeat... maybe quicker than that even!

What makes these different than the Toybiz/ Marvel Toys line of figures (except of course for the huge fanbase Toybiz will carry over from the Marvel Legends line)? I think that in order for these to be succesful after the all too inconvenient (for you) announcement of the 'Legendary Comic Heroes' line will be the character selection. Because not to bash or anything, but it seems that most people here dont have much faith in the company, despite this line of great figure choices. I for one will buy any figure if the character is cool enough, so the way to win me (and I think many others) over is to get the license to popular characters that many fans want. I really do hope this line prospers just as well as they Marvel Toys line, because competition will ensure the quality of both brands of figures.

uh.... your rebuttle?

Cool. I will certainly buy a toy of the Tick, and Dick Tracy. I might also buy Nexus and SOLAR. I am not really familiar with many of the other characters (im ignorant to most indie comics). How about the rights to Rob Liefelds characters like Supreme and Youngblood? Is anyone approaching him? Also, who owns Miracleman, and is it at al possible that Shocker could make a figure of him. I would buy Miracleman and Supreme in a heartbeat... maybe quicker than that even!

What makes these different than the Toybiz/ Marvel Toys line of figures (except of course for the huge fanbase Toybiz will carry over from the Marvel Legends line)? I think that in order for these to be succesful after the all too inconvenient (for you) announcement of the 'Legendary Comic Heroes' line will be the character selection. Because not to bash or anything, but it seems that most people here dont have much faith in the company, despite this line of great figure choices. I for one will buy any figure if the character is cool enough, so the way to win me (and I think many others) over is to get the license to popular characters that many fans want. I really do hope this line prospers just as well as they Marvel Toys line, because competition will ensure the quality of both brands of figures.

uh.... your rebuttle?

Liefelds characters seem tied up in a legal issue. The guy who said he was working with Rob said he was going to do toys with us then it was announced that Marvel Toys was doing them and its all snagged now. If he wants he knows where I am, alot of creators have been coming to us to see their characters made into great toys. Miracleman is another legal battle with Todd and the creator.

As far as being different from Marvel Toys we really don't have to be we were first and will be paying close attention to them and the fans and the creators to make a really great line. We have alot of other great characters that were not announced and we will spring on everyone like we did with The Maxx at the right time. And I also agree that competition will help both line even though some companies think that locking up stores to only carry their products will help them more. That is not the case having other characters that they cannot have or take in a similair scale will allow fans to complete collections for displays or battles using figures from both lines. Also the one other thing the seperates us will be the 3 inch mini version 2 packs of each character. They will be fun for kids and allow some cool office cubicle battles.

cool, mini figures! One more question, has the company thought of doing public domain characters like Tarzan, the Shadow and Doc Savage? (I think they are public domain)

Hello,

I have a question, becing a fan of the Maxx. Will you be doing his supporting cast as well. Also, will your figures be in scale with marvel legends / legendary comic heroes.

cool, mini figures! One more question, has the company thought of doing public domain characters like Tarzan, the Shadow and Doc Savage? (I think they are public domain)

We will def be adding in PD characters to the line but it will be not announced untill production to keep the other company from overlaping. The Shadow and Doc Savage are still owned by an estate I think.

Hello,

I have a question, becing a fan of the Maxx. Will you be doing his supporting cast as well. Also, will your figures be in scale with marvel legends / legendary comic heroes.

We will be doing other Maxx figures down the line. Yes our line will be scale with ML and LCH.

Hello,

Articulation is a big issue for a lot of collectors. What are your plans for articulation for this line? I personally am hoping for something at least close to marvel legends, however quite a few people like DC direct which I feel are under articulated.

Hello,

I have a question, being a fan of the Maxx. Will you be doing his supporting cast as well. Also, will your figures be in scale with marvel legends / legendary comic heroes.

We will be doing other Maxx figures down the line. Yes our line will be scale with ML and LCH.

Cool thanks for answering my question.

Hello,

Articulation is a big issue for a lot of collectors. What are your plans for articulation for this line? I personally am hoping for something at least close to marvel legends, however quite a few people like DC direct which I feel are under articulated.

20+

when can we see a preview picof max? :)

Which version of the Maxx will be in the first series? Real world Maxx or will he come with a head dress? Will Izs be included? If you can't tell i am excited for Maxx and the news that you guys will be doing his supporting characters.

Real world Maxx in Series1 with maybe outback variant. Pics coming soon we will send them to all the news sites and you will be able to see the updated series1 on most of the toy news sites.

Thanks for the info. Sounds great. I hope to see both versions, i hope that it works out. That raises another question, in the latest issue of toyfare it says that Maxx is going to be a build a figure. Was this their mistake or a change in plans.

Finally, have you looked into getting the rights to doing characters from Plasm? I was a pretty cool story line and i would love to see some of those characters.

Thanks for the info. Sounds great. I hope to see both versions, i hope that it works out. That raises another question, in the latest issue of toyfare it says that Maxx is going to be a build a figure. Was this their mistake or a change in plans.

Finally, have you looked into getting the rights to doing characters from Plasm? I was a pretty cool story line and i would love to see some of those characters.

What issue of ToyFare was this? havent even seen it yet been so busy didn't know they mentioned us. As far as build a figure it will be more like build a kit in one package to save on shelf space.

Hello,

Issue 117 page 43. After just re-reading it, it doesnt say build a figure is says "he'll come in pieces in the package and you'll have to put him together." I misread it assuming it was a BAF. Sorry, but thanks for the info again.

Anything new at all. You mentioned we would get an update soon but nothing? Will you be revealing figures at SDCC? Can we get something?

You do know these figures are never going to see the light of day don't you???

I have never bought anything from SHocker Toys so i am not too familair with how they work. Are you speaking out of experience?

any word yet on these? proto photos, you know, anything like maybe a packaged photo since they are suppossed to be in the next 4 to 8 weeks? also, any word on when the gwar figs will actually find distribution?

You do know these figures are never going to see the light of day don't you???

I am starting to believe you. Unless soemthing is shown at SDCC, i will have lost all hope.

Why the hell does Shocker Toys keep announcing licenses, i.e. Who Wants to Be a Superhero? They haven't even produced anything yet. Anything. A couple two-up sculpt pics, a picture of a ##$%$# with a 2x4/duck tape monkey on his shoulder? How can anyone still take ST seriously? Do licensees know what their dealing with?

I am giving them to SDCC, if nothing, then i will have given up all hope for a new Maxx figure.

I wouldn't give up all hope. I heard that Marvel Toys was pursuing that license at one point. You may see it yet. As you might recall, Shocker was once dead sure they were making Madman and Witchblade. Both are coming from Marvel Toys now. There's still hope my friend.

that was cool that at least someone from shocker toys was paying attention to the boards though. I was worried from the pics from the last big comic con of these figs they looked like statues. I was assuming they were going to be like neca and just make them statue-esque. I really want a nicely articulated SCUD and a shadowhawk. So i was glad to hear from them that they are doing 20+.... now the problem is when(IF) they actually release the damn things.. i really hope so...

Marvels first wave of figs are about to hit and shocker will be very screwed if they dont get their wave out soon as well...