More DCSH goodness!

StrykerX2K

Today I picked up the new Bizarro #1, the repainted Darkseid and Kal-El. To my surprize on the back, they show a Black Suit Superman with a Silver Emblem on the chest and Silver cape and boots. I have to say, they may be repainting the heck out of this wave, but I actually like that one. Darkseid just has a light blue metallic belt but his dressing are all dark blue....for some reason the red eyes really stand out.

Congrats on finding the new Bizarro, he's the only current repaint I want to get right now. Yet, the black and silver Superman that has yet to be released/or seen looks pretty cool...I might pick that one up.

glad some people are enjoying the repaints, but i want a wave with all new figures for crying out loud

Well according to Mattel at Toy Fair we would see 25 new DCSH figures released in 2007, however that includes repaints, so how many of the 25 will be actual new figures is unclear, but I kinda doubt we'll be seeing to many waves of all new figures.

Thought it was 27? Either way, we're not going to be getting much more.

So far these have been released in 07:

-Superman (re-pack)

-Superman (black "S", re-pack)

-Supergirl (black skirt, re-pack)

-Steel (chrome/flat)

-Doomsday (Orange, repaint)

-Parasite

-Darkseid (Black, repaint)

-Bizarro (w/ necklace, repaint)

-Mongul

-Kal-El Superman

Now, seen on packaging/web sites/Toy Fair/magazines:

-Cyborg superman

-Black costume superman

-Catwoman

-Two-face

-ManBat

-Clayface

-Cassandra Cain Batgirl

-Joker

Thats 18 already, 19 if ya wanna count the 2 Steel versions. Throw in another repaint Batman I'm sure and that'll make 19. So, only another 8 figures to go? Sorry, I love this line but Mattel is doing what they do best...running it into the ground. MOTU line ring any bells?

That total of 27 is also INCLUDING REPAINTS! Most of those are crap anyways. So how many new CHARACTERS will we see, other than those listed? My guess is 3 at best, with another 5 repaints to round out our number of 27. I'm sorry, but until they get permission to do more story specific characters and costumes and such, most of the pegs are going to be full of the same old crap, and stores aren't going to be so willing to replentish there already overstocked supply. I wish it wasn't so, and it pains me to say it cuz I love this line, but face the facts, this line will soon be doomed after another year of repaints and only having the Supes/Bats theme.

Thought it was 27? Either way, we're not going to be getting much more.

So far these have been released in 07:

-Superman (re-pack)

-Superman (black "S", re-pack)

-Supergirl (black skirt, re-pack)

-Steel (chrome/flat)

-Doomsday (Orange, repaint)

-Parasite

-Darkseid (Black, repaint)

-Bizarro (w/ necklace, repaint)

-Mongul

-Kal-El Superman

Now, seen on packaging/web sites/Toy Fair/magazines:

-Cyborg superman

-Black costume superman

-Catwoman

-Two-face

-ManBat

-Clayface

-Cassandra Cain Batgirl

-Joker

Thats 18 already, 19 if ya wanna count the 2 Steel versions. Throw in another repaint Batman I'm sure and that'll make 19. So, only another 8 figures to go? Sorry, I love this line but Mattel is doing what they do best...running it into the ground. MOTU line ring any bells?

That total of 27 is also INCLUDING REPAINTS! Most of those are crap anyways. So how many new CHARACTERS will we see, other than those listed? My guess is 3 at best, with another 5 repaints to round out our number of 27. I'm sorry, but until they get permission to do more story specific characters and costumes and such, most of the pegs are going to be full of the same old crap, and stores aren't going to be so willing to replentish there already overstocked supply. I wish it wasn't so, and it pains me to say it cuz I love this line, but face the facts, this line will soon be doomed after another year of repaints and only having the Supes/Bats theme.

I don't think this line is doomed solely because Mattel is limited to Superman and Batman related characters. We all know there is a plethora of figures to be made, and I don't mean re-paints or variants. Batman's rogues are enough to fill a line. Not counting the Joker, Croc, Bane and Scarecrow there are:

Two-Face

The Penguin

Catwoman

Scarface

Black Mask

Man-Bat

Ras al Ghul

Talia

And if you look at the heroes he has within his sphere of influence, you can add:

Nightwing

Oracle

Gordon

That's eleven figures off the top of my head. You can do the same for Superman:

Mxy

Toyman

Metallo

The Eradicator

Zod

Ursa

Non

The Guardian

Any number of New Gods

Superboy/Mon-El

PG

So, it's not the possibility of new figures, it's the way Mattel is selecting them. It's only good business sense to get the most out of your product, and Mattel sees repaints as using molds to get even more money but they are prone to using this formula to excess. We need to face facts and understand that every series is going to have a Superman or Batman in it. It's their strategy of repainting every other character 20 times with a stupid name like Ice Blast or Spin Fire Blade or Deep Sea Marine where this line will die.

Let's not forget eh new Supergirl in the blue costume and different head sculpt is coming in this Superman, wave, too.

supergirljq1.jpg

I do already have the first one with the white t-shirt, could've been better but is a pretty good figure anyway. Supergirl looks cute and feminine, and fits very well among my other DCD figures.

Now, I'm looking forward to this new, repainted version of Darkseid. Holy heck! in my opinion, this is by far the best figure of the series.

darkseidlg1.jpg

Oops, forgot about the new blue Supergirl. @dunce@ Well, then thats 20. Even less for them to put out. And I'm not saying there isn't enough characters for them to do, but I don't think they're taking full advantage of what they could be doing. Maybe its their fault, maybe it has to do with DC not letting them do certain characters. Like Nightwing, maybe its too story specific. Who knows what guidelines they're being held to exactly. I love this line, and I'll still buy every new figure they release, but I know that doesn't go for everyone, so yeah I'm worried a little about the future of this line. It really does have MOTU written all over it, although I think having a larger fan base may help prolong it.

Well, not that it matters a great deal to this conversation but I picked up Mongul today. Grabbed him early this morning from a WalMart in Philadelphia. The package shows Cyborg Superman on the side and black/silver Superman on the back card. Interesting how they don't each appear in the same place. The case pack out was 2 Kal-El, 1 Supergirl, 1 Darkseid, 1 Bizarro, and 1 Mongul. I haven't opened him yet but just from the package he looks sweet.

But back to topic, I really hope this line keeps going. I had an idea about repaints/remolds on the way home today. Instead of stupid remolds with incredibly childish weapons, why not do something more appropriate to the character? Dress a Batman as a dark knight, much like he's appearing on the ads for DC Countdown? Give him a sword and make the costume much more armor/chain mail-ish. Any thoughts? At least it would make for a unique figure.

Wow that's fast! They are pumping this stuff out....I haven't even seen Steel yet! Just the tons of Superman/Bizzaro clogging the shelves. Knew that would happen.

Anyway, since I'm not much of a DC guy, is that repaint of Darkseid connected to the comics or something? Either way it's pretty cool. I know the first one is his normal look, I was just curious if this grey one was just for fun or based offa something.

Say, if anyone can take a pic of the back of the packaging for these new ones that would be cool!

Anyway, since I'm not much of a DC guy, is that repaint of Darkseid connected to the comics or something? Either way it's pretty cool. I know the first one is his normal look, I was just curious if this grey one was just for fun or based offa something.

I'm pretty sure that's the colour of Darkseid's outfit in the Justice League cartoons.

Has anybody seen any pics of Catwoman. I'm curious to see what version is coming.

EDIT: ok found some pics, but anyone seen any final packaged pics?

I don't think there are any packaged pix of Catwoman or any other Batman related character yet.

I only have one question... Where the hell is Nightwing!? They could have just added articulation to the earlier Mattel version (the one from the 2 pack where he and Bruce are holding hands like lovers). Heck, they could have just re-packages THAT figure! Theres no way you can tell me that ANOTHER Superman was more important that a single Nightwing.

I really love this toy line, and i hope mattel doesn't crap the bed on it like they did with he-man. i just wish that they wouldn't be sp specific with only superman and batman. i mean i love the what they've done so far, but having martain manhunter, and hawkman standing on my shelf next superman and batman would be bad@ss.

I just hope they stop with all the multiple useless pegwarming Supes and Batman and get onto the really interesting characters. Come on, I want a Mongul, Parasite, and Steel but I will be really upset if I can't get my hands on a Cyborg Superman or any of the others.

Come on, Mattel, don't He-Man out on me now!