Superman/Batman Public Enemies Series 3

Last Son of Krypton

Love this line! Natasha Irons is, IMO, the only weak figure in this wave. I'll still get her though to have them all. Love the McGuiness art figures! Really like the Kingdom Come Supes, and of course having another Nightwing figure is also a plus. Oh, and while the Lex figure has that rediculous head in every photo (the one with that stupid grin) I believe he also comes with an alternate head that looks much more normal and menacing. So, yeah, I'll head out to the LCS's tomorrow to pick up this line.

PublicEnemies.jpg

Oh Jase, we can't like everything now can we...*cough*...Tonner "dolls" @puke@

@smilepunch@

@loll@

No we can't! And I know that you can appreciate that. The difference is that you won't see me posting my negative nelly thoughts on the S/B PE3 figures in every thread about them. @smilepunch@

I never begrudge the action figure pleasures of another. @lol@

Definates in my eyes are Lex, Nightwing, and Ms Irons. Gonna keep Nightwing MOC though due to my Hush version is still currently the best! But Lex and Ms Irons are going on the JLU Shelf

nope don't like any of them, I hate that huge bulk armor on lex as well, its just out right silly :D

yet another superman (yay :S)

& Then NW & HM & whats her name... who isn't even in that armor anymore, it was so short lived I could care less about it :D

Mine should be coming in in a day or two. I preordered them from Yikes months ago, and I can't wait to get them. I think it's cool that this line comes with accesories. Hawkman's club and glove, Steel's hammer and removeable mask, Nightwing's clubs, and Lex's extra head.

i have to get those and still need the gl, aquaman, and flash from classfieds

I think this is one of the biggest turds of a line that DCD has ever dumped on the fandom. I recommend washing your hands with antibacterial soap after handling them. @puke@

agreed, they are too short and f'n boxy/stocky, they all look wierd except for metallo which i did pick up as he fits in with the other lines.

agreed, they are too short and f'n boxy/stocky

I think part of the appeal is that they're actually different than anything else out there. Although at first I thought they looked short, but once out of the package they're just as tall as most other lines. I think the "bulk" on them is what makes them look shorter. Overall though, this line is one of my favorites. They've got all the main JLA characters and are now releasing others. Lets hope they keep 'em coming, but isn't McGuiness doing Marvel stuff now? Uh oh....

I've suspecting when I first saw the pics of Steel. She seems to have more articulation then usual, waist and chest articulation.

Lex Luthor looks really good in person. Cartoonish but that's why Ed McGuinness art stands out.

Nightwing looks great! I really like the head sculpt.

Future Superman has a long cape in contrast with the s1 release. The head sculpt is new and nicely detailed.

Hawkman is huge , like everyone mentions.

Overall series 3 looks better than the past 2 series and I would love to pick them up but....

I chose to pick up Batman and Joker minimates instead @smilepunch@

Need to save some money since I'm planning to get the 12" movie Ghost Rider with flame cycle

My store didn't get them...AAARGH! I will be picking them up elsewhere, I guess. This particularly bites, though, because I get a NICE discount at my store. So, I haven't been paying full price for any of the DC Direct figures. Oh, well. Full price it is for this line. I really want Natasha. She's number one for me as she's never been made in plastic before. Low man on the totem pole? Lex Luthor. Ick. I'll buy him, but either theCrisis Luthor or the DC Super-Heroes Luthor in the battle suit will be the one on display, not this one.

Got all of them except the Steel figure. Future Superman is the same as the original Superman. Nothing much special there. Nightwing isn't much either other then just being a Nightwing action figure (which is cool enough itself).

The scale issue with Hawkman has to be my main complaint on that figure. Why he's so big, I'll never understand, but he is cool looking nonetheless. Took me a while to pry his claw apart to get it on him. I really didn't think it was supposed to come apart for a bit there, but it finally did and fits nicely. At least he doesn't have the same problem getting his wings on that I had with my JSA Hawkgirl (Her wing broke while I was trying to get it on and had to crazy glue it back on).

The Luthor is a fun figure, though I would suggest not moving his arms much. They seem to like to pop off if moved to too high a position. They go back on easily enough, but I thought that was pretty lame. I prefer his normal looking head compared to the crazy looking one.

So for the Ed McGuinness figures, I have all of them now except Steel and Metallo.

I got them. And I remember Hawkman being big in the Batman/Superman story, but my God he's huge!

Other than that he's a really cool figure.

IMGP2966.jpg

IMGP2980.jpg

I also picked up my Series 1 of the MiniMates -

IMGP2967.jpg

IMGP2972.jpg

PJ

Got all of them except the Steel figure. Future Superman is the same as the original Superman. Nothing much special there.

Actually, Future Superman has a longer cape (and open eyes).

I love the cartoonly look of this series and the JLA Classified series. There some of my favorite figures.

I've suspecting when I first saw the pics of Steel. She seems to have more articulation then usual, waist and chest articulation.

She has pretty good articulation - cut wrists, ball elbows (I think), ball hips, ball knees, ball shoulders, cut neck (I think) and waste articulation (I can't remember what kind). She also fits in very well with other lines.

hawks1.jpg

hawks2.jpg

steel1.jpg

steel2.jpg