The Future Of WWE Announcing, Backstage WWE News!

Outsiders

In case you missed Kris Zellner's Lucha Report, WWE Smackdown superstar Funaki will be working for Ultimo Dragon's Toryumon promotion in Monterrey, Mexico on Saturday.

Shane and Vince McMahon recently met to discuss them possibly entering into the MMA world. Shane is said to be all for it, while Vince feels MMA is oversaturated right now in the United States.

There have been suggestions made internally to replace Jim Ross with Michael Cole as the lead voice on Raw. Cole would continue to also do Smackdown. Ross signed a one year contract last fall, which would prevent him from leaving the company until at least this coming fall. Many believe Cole calling the Royal Rumble match this year was a telling sign about the future of WWE announcing.

I firmly believe that Cole & JBL are by far the best announce team in the industry today. Before the brand split in 2002, Cole was horrible. As time went on, Cole has gotten better. With JBL alongside him now, Cole has turned the corner as the best announcer in the WWE.

As long as they get away from talking about slobberknockers, puppies, and other stupid phrases I will be happy. JR and Lawler never impressed me. If JR had stuck to his style of announcing before the attitude era then I could deal with him, but then he started wearing the cowboy hat and trying to mix in a coutry boy vernaculer that just screamed that he was ripping off Dusty Rhodes when he was announcing for WCW. I remember watching when JR was a straight shooting play by play guy. Maybe the fault of his change lies with McMahon's direction but it made him very annoying in my book.

Every time they try to replace JR, they seem to bring him back. However, that being said, the guy can't continue working forever.

Cole would have to the replacement for JR. They tried Coach and they tried Joey Styles and it just didn't work. At least we know they have faith in Cole as they haven't ever tried to replace him on SD.

JBL is honestly a great color commentator. He reminds me a lot of Jesse Ventura in that he can continue playing the heel commentator, but be someone the fans enjoy listening to.

I'd say Cole would be WWE's best candidate by far, he has improved a great deal overtime and is more than deserving of JR's spot. He and JBL are a great and fun team together, I'd rather hear them anyday than Lawler, Tazz, or JR.

If JR had stuck to his style of announcing before the attitude era then I could deal with him, but then he started wearing the cowboy hat and trying to mix in a coutry boy vernaculer that just screamed that he was ripping off Dusty Rhodes when he was announcing for WCW. I remember watching when JR was a straight shooting play by play guy.

Yeah, that is quite the change when you look at the Evolution of good ol' JR. I can respect him for his commitment and dedication to this job, but I too miss the "old" Jim Ross.

I hate to say it, but, there really isn't one announcer in professional wrestling that doesn't completely annoy me in one way or the other. The worst has to be JR. I absolutly cannot stand listening to him every week. The king has always been an idiot, Michael Cole is just, bad. Tazz Can't get a sentence out without stumbling, and after watching a few ECW DVD's, I can't understand why the WWE hired Styles in the first place. Don West has the wierdest voice I've ever heard on commentary for any sport.

Mike Tenay is decent, still nothing like Gorilla Monsoon or Vince used to be. I guess the best is JBL. While he still has a few annoying little catchphrases ie "BALL GAME, and On like a pot of neck bone" or whatever it is he says. Man, this is like picking the prettiest smelling hog from a pig pen.

I miss Schiavone. I also miss the three man announce teams. A heel color guy, a face color guy, and the play by play man to keep them seperated.

Oh yeah I hate Don west, he sounds like he is always running out of breath. Maybe he needs to loosen those horrendous shirts and ties he wears.

I don't like JBL as a announcer because of his southern accent. The problem with me, is that we already have one, who is Jim Ross. And would rather have a non southern accent announcer. I still miss the past the announcers, and still miss Vince McMahon as a announcer at ringside. I enjoy the TNA announcers the most, as it is the closet thing to what the a announcement team was before the attitude era. I think Heyman and Styles are both great commentators who got screwed by the fans, and the change of style in the wrestling commentating world. If I had to pick 2 guys as a new announce team, and with Vince out of the running, my picks would be for Ross's role: Styles, Heyman, or Mean Gene Okerland. And for King's : Don West, Paul Heyman, HBK. Wouldn't doubt it if Rick Flair got a shot before retiring from the business for good.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE