Wrestling News February 26th !!

Ghost of QG

--Former WWE and WCW star Billy Kidman was a live in-studio guest on Carnage Bloodsport Banter.Kidman was in town (Las Vegas) for an indy event and starts the interview by talking about having fun spending time in Vegas. He is going through a rough time now with his divorce from Torrie Wilson. Kidman went into more details of his current relationship with Torrie saying they still talk and that Torrie's travel was one of the problems that led to the split. While a divorce is in the works it has not yet been finalized. Kidman announced he will be working for 3 weeks in Japan coming up in April.Kidman said one of his biggest moments in wrestling was when Bret Hart came up to him after a match in WCW vs. Eddie Guerrero and said that Kidman was a credit to the business.Kidman still marks out during some of Hogan's entrances although he said once he was in the ring with Hogan it didn't feel different from working against a typical opponent.Kidman announced he is now working on some shows under a mask in a gimmick that is similar to Hayabusa with his hair extending though a hole at the top of the mask.In WCW, Kidman got to work more matches than he was supposed to on WCW TV because Kidman claimed Raven, on nights he wasn't in the mood to wrestle, would talk the writers into giving Kidman his in-ring slot. This was back during the Raven's Flock era in WCW. After Kidman was released from WWE, he claims he was not in the mood to work many indy dates so he purposely overpriced himself to promoters. Kidman now wants the work so his price has come back down to a fair price.Kidman said he has been backstage at TNA to say hi to some friends. While Kidman has not talked business with anyone from TNA yet, he said he would like to work there because they have a great schedule.

--TNA will be taping the next several weeks of Impact leading into the Destination X PPV tonight at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Samoa Joe vs. Tomko has been announced for this Thursday's episod. We'll have our usual spoiler details later tonight and Richard Trionfo's thoughts on the taping tomorrow. Speaking of Tomko, he's scheduled for the New Japan tour that starts on 3/4, including 3/11 (same date as the next TNA PPV) so he's either going to miss Destination X or is in for one hellacious travel day. If he's going to be written out of the PPV, it would likely happen during the course of tonight's taping.

TNA will release a "Best of Tag Teams" DVD on 3/13. Jeff Jarrett, James Storm, and Eric Young are scheduled for a DVD signing that day at the FYE on West End Avenue in Nashville, TN.

The Maxim Magazine website will be featuring TNA personalities and features next month.

Samoa Joe and Jay Lethal are scheduled for the 3/10 Northeast Wrestling event in Torrington, CT. Joe, Lethal, and AJ Styles are scheduled to appear for NEW on 3/16 in Danbury, CT as well. For ticket information, visit www.northeastwrestling.com or call 860-874-1244.

--From an e-mail sent into PWI: I was at the NWA PRO Fiest Lucha show in Las Vegas, Nevada at the New Orleans when from AWA World Champion Nick Bockwinkel was introduced as "soon to be WWE Hall of Fame Inductee" so just wanted to pass that along.

--From the recent PWI Q&A :

Hey guys, I was wondering with Hogan's removal from the WWE. It seems like to me, Vince and Hogan's love and hate relationship is more of a business relationship more so than anything. I remember back around 99-2000 Hogan used to go around saying he couldn't see himself going back to Vince anytime soon. Now, with Bubba and Hogan always talking about Hogan starting up his own company. What are the chances Hogan becomes a viable part owner of TNA? This way he has an actual reason to put over younger talent, as he'd make money with TNA.

Oh yeah, at this point Vince and Hogan are all about business, first and foremost. They have been working together for so long that sometimes I wonder what their relationship truly is at this point. I take everything Hogan says about pretty much everything as a means to get to an end. He's a masterful worker, no doubt. As a master, he is very smart about making money by getting others to pay him. His deal with WCW was a thing of beauty from his point as he was paid a ridiculous amount of money from day one there. Because of that, I don't see himself going to TNA as a partner, even if he didn't put in a penny, because for him the idea is to make money, not spend it.

How come Shawn Michaels still comes out to the DX music now that DX is defunct? I mean, Rated RKO is an active unit, but Edge enters to his own theme when in singles competition. DX isn't defunct! They are only in the current state because of Triple H's injury. They are still technically a WWE act, and a profitable one given the amount of merchandise that they sell. That could change when Triple H comes back but for right now they are still a top WWE act, even if it's only one guy.

So, the burates for ECW December to Dismember are in and it was bad. How do they compare to the first One Night Only show? And, this is mostly rhetorical, does it show ECW had more appeal and better financial prospects as a "niche product" than being made into a "proper brand" by Vince McMahon? According to WWE's own numbers, the first One Night Stand, from 2005, did about 333,000 buys, which was over four times what the December to Dismember did. Even the second show from June 2006 did 304,000 buys. That was just based off of a little promotion on Raw and Smackdown and no TV show to "support" the product. With ECW TV theoretically giving fans a reason to buy PPVs the opposite happened as their third attempt did a pathetic 90,000 buys and without a doubt shows that Vince McMahon has totally botched and destroyed the ECW brand thus far. To add further insult to injury, this is the first time that Vince has failed at the one business he is supposed to be able to make a success out of, wrestling. ECW has been a huge embarrassment to him thus far and clearly the decisions he has made with the product are the exact reasons why it has failed so he has no one to blame but himself.

I listened to Dave's hotline recently where he said we shouldn't expect WrestleMania main eventers to be tested this close to the PPV, because WWE don't want to suspend wrestlers in major angles. Isn't that a bit of a moot point? I mean, didn't WWE change the policy so that the wrestlers would continue to appear on TV to see out their storylines before serving suspensions? Honestly, who knows. It seems like the terms of the Wellness policy change by day. I had heard that WWE was going to make the talents work without pay when they failed a test, but since Test failed, I haven't seen him on TV. Maybe it's just WWE's choice to not use him right now since he isn't a very important player on their least-watched brand. But I agree that if a top guy did fail their test, I doubt we would ever hear about it and they would continue to work.

Since Michael Cole lost his voice last Sunday at the No Way Out PPV do you see WWE now having maybe a standby announcer just in case another announcer loses their voice during a PPV or televised event? I would hope so. Frankly, they should always have had a guy to do that. Todd Grisham should be at every show as the back up guy in my opinion

-- Preview for tonight's Raw:

Tonight on Raw, John Cena & Shawn Michaels will defend the World Tag Team Championship against the team they defeated for the gold, Rated-RKO. Will Cena & HBK prevail again, or will Edge & Randy Orton walk out of Fresno, Calif. as World Tag Team Champions.

Last week, Mr. McMahon chose Umaga to represent him at WrestleMania's Battle of the Billionaires. Donald Trump will announce his selection tonight on Raw; who will he choose to do battle with the Samoan Bulldozer on April 1?

--Comcast ON DEMAND gets WSXtastic!

Relive the first two glorious weeks of Wrestling Society X – any time! Episodes one, two and WSXtra one, two now available for viewing ON DEMAND! For fans of Wrestling Society X that can't get enough of the high flying, fast paced explosive action and excitement of WSX, finally you can slow the action down! For those who have not been able to witness the next generation of professional wrestling, your wish has come true! As Wrestling Society X is now available ON DEMAND function of Comcast Cable Television. Comcast digital cable subscribers can enjoy WSX at anytime by clicking on Television Programming à MTV à Wrestling Society X and relive or see for the first time the FIRST EVER WSX RUMBLE, Matt Sydal vs. Jack Evans, and WSXtra Episode one featuring Human Torando vs. Luke Hawx vs. Puma.

Enjoy !!

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE