Master Collector has pics of New 25th Ann. Figures

ARBCO

I think I'm just gonna buy everything I see in the stores and sell them on ebay(for cost) for international joe collectors.. yeah, it probably wont help, but at least I'll feel I'm doing my part in keeping the line going... I'll make the auction international only, lol

cant they buy them from hasbrotoyshop???

-saboteur

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, HTS said they'd have international shipping up and running like a year ago and that never happened, my only guess their option would be to get them from various online retailers that'll sell them for double or triple the price, bad enough canadians and UK collectors pay like $10-15 for one Star Wars fig, I'd hate to see them have to pay $50+ for a 5-pack.

The only thing of interest in the interview with Hasbro was that while the 25th Anniversary set is planned with 25 figures, there "may be a few extra for good luck"... From what I know, there is an additional 5 or so that will be squeezed in for the 4th quarter holiday season. Hasbro IS preparing to take this line into 2008 and beyond depending on sales, so while there may only be 25-30 this year, there is always next year.

Hard to make sense out of all the "maybe"..."depending on sales" comments, followed up with "IS preparing".

Still sounds like lots of speculation and wishful thinking, with a lot of hinting that the burden falls on OUR shoulders (only) for Hasbro to make anything beyond the planned 25? @hmmm@

Can't we just buy what we want, without feeling guilty that we might not be supporting the line enough?

Pressure sales tactics man...I hate that! ;)

On a side note, I truly cannot wait for these figures to be released as they are incredible and well made. My ONLY complaint is that they are not 3.75" but 4" in height (and are taller than the JvsC, ST and VvsV figures which I thought were too tall. There are not many vintage vehicles that they will fit into, which is a bit of a disappointment to me...hope they get shrunk a bit by the time they are released.

I understood that they WERE in fact, 3.75"! According to the reports coming out of the toy fair attendees, that was the case anyway. Is this just more fan based inaccuracy?

Lastly, they did show a picture of the packaging art for the Operation Flaming M.O.T.H. Set #4 which includes an Ice-Viper and Snow Serpents Commander.

Thanks for the information, I cannot wait to see the packaging as well as the figures themseleves. Did it give a date when these will be up for pre order? Thanks again for the FYI.

The Flaming Moth #4 Set is available for order in the March Newsletter..it is odd though as it says the Pre-Order Deadline for the set is March 2nd.

That is odd, I will send in a email to get my pre order in though, maybe they think that everyone checks the newsletter at the begining of the month, thanks again for the info.

I am not here to post anything that is inaccurate. By all accounts Hasbro is reporting these to be 3.75" figures and by the time they come out they just might be. As of right now they measure in at 4.25".

I'm not busting your bubbles personally, I know you're just reporting the info you yourself have received, and I appreciate that, make no mistake.

Too many times in the past, we've been given screwy, conflicting reports on this stuff, and it always leads to bickering amongst the fans, because of it. You'll have to excuse my pessimism, as I tend to take most of ANY of it, worth a grain of salt, and although I'm not shy about posting my initial thoughts on the info we're given, (usually skeptically) I still realize it's a "wait and see for ourselves" conclusion nonetheless. ;)

All reports (up until now) have clarified that they were indeed 3.75". Fans were speculating on the prototypes looking "larger" and some comments were posted to state they "weren't", so I'm just going off what I've read so far, as I'm no expert, and no one with any "insider" connections. :)

I totally understand VH and I don't take the remarks personally and I realize that I am new here and just trying to give a little info. The LAST thing I want to do is start any bickering on these boards. I am just reporting what I saw in the new GIJOE newsletter.

However, in regards to the figures being 4.25"....as of now that is what they measure in at...again though, production has not yet started and it is my hope that they will shrink down to their proper size. I think it would be in everyone's best interest..especially Hasbro to ensure that these come in at 3.75" and not larger. I KNOW this to be 100% true as it comes from me...and not from another source.

Since when does this board trust anyone with less than a weeks worth of tenure.... espisially on breaking news? I'm surprised that no one else has asked but has any one else seen this news letter? And where are you getting 4.25"? WHo measured them?

Firstly, I just got the MC Newsletter today and right on the front page are the pics of the four figures...NONE of which were a surprise as we knew they were coming. I have no reason to lie about that as most people who subscribe (and get the issues First Class) should have them by tomorrow.

As far as the who measured them...that is simple...I did. Well let me clarify and say that I measured one of them at it comes in at 4.25". However this is an unmarked undated pre-production sample and again I am hoping that they will be re-sized to their proper stature.

Yo!

ARBCO - Speaking of SS V2, does he still sport his "tetris" camo, as someone previously remarked (I had a laugh with it). What I'm asking is: Is the camo still shaped that way? Like, in "squared" shapes?

As for the height of these - sounds like the sample you inspected (or own) is similar in size to, say, the Sgt. Savage figs? I'm of the opinion that they will end up being 3 3/4, but probably closer to JVC or DTC scale than RAH.

As for getting multiple versions of the same characters. Well, I'm all for it, as long as they are not just repaints. Doesn't look like it. HOWEVER, I do agree that some versions aren't truly needed. Say, SS V2, as much as I love it, isn't nowhere as iconic as SS V1. I'd even go as far as to say that Snake Eyes V2 is certainly more iconic than his first version, too. I could definitely live without SE V1 and SS V2. NOW, if we're talking about CC... I think both the face plate and hooded versions are equally important. Speaking of CC, has there been any mention about the posibility of his helmet or hood being removable? The helmet sure looks a little on the big side from the pics I've seen. Kinda made me think it could be removable. Anyone knows?

Here's hoping those 4 are the only "variants" we'll get. I don't think we'll be getting any more Dukes, for instance. At least not in the first 25.

BTW, someone said that this report validates some "leaked" list of sorts. Where's this list? Can someone post it?

Thanks!

As far as the who measured them...that is simple...I did. Well let me clarify and say that I measured one of them at it comes in at 4.25". However this is an unmarked undated pre-production sample and again I am hoping that they will be re-sized to their proper stature.

Don't misunderstand please, any information is welcome and appreciated, but given the ways things have gone in regards to those incidences as a group we are skeptical. I've been a victim on both sides of the deal, and it's not an easy thing to deal with either way.

I was aware of the 1st class thing myself, and neglected to mention that. I opted for third class mail because I'm cheap. It happens every month where a few guys pop up with a bit of news, and the rest of us get it a week or so later.

If it's not too much trouble, I would like to request a pic or two of your proto. I don't doubt that you own one, but I am curious to see an unpainted sculpt since all the ones we've seen so far (Toy Fair pics, catalog pics) are not anywhere near production. There are some technical issues I'd liek to see how they solved.

Thanks and welcome to the boards! Alyosha

I understand the doubt and don't take it personally. I know my info is good and I joined this board in good faith...not to stir up trouble.

The Storm Shadow v2, does still have his "tetris" camo, though it doesn't appear there as many camo lines as the vintage one and the shapes are slightly different. He comes with a long sword, short sword, small knife, bow and backpack with arrows in it, which now that I am re-looking at the picture appear to be the same accessories as the 1st version. I do not see a claw accessory although these are pre-prod. shots. Cobra Commander v2 appears to just come with his laser pistol again. Snake Eyes v2 comes with a long sword, knife, uzi and Timber...I don't see a backpack. Cobra Officer has a rifle and a knife.

These pics confirm many of the previously leaked list which also included: Flint, Lady Jaye, Beach Head, Serpentor, Buzzer and Cobra Soldier (single pack).

ARBCO, I hope you didn't take my remark as a stab at ya.. like the others have said.. it's hard to take a lot of what is leaked and a lot of the info gets skewed over time.. with one person posting it here and there, then another and another, and so on and so forth, I didn't know you were referring that you actually measured a prototype yourself.. so hope you didn't take my comment personally.. and like Aly, I'd love to see a picture of the prototype you got.. :)

-Joe

Okay so we know that there will be

Cobra commander V1

Cobra Officer

Cobra Soldier

Cobra Commander V2

Destro

Baroness

Storm Shadow V1

Storm Shadow V2

Snake Eyes V1

Snake Eyes V2

Duke

scarlett

Road Block

Gung Ho

For a total of 14

Any ideas who the last 11 will be.

If you go by the most popular and relevant:

Hawk

Stalker

Spirit

Flint

Lady Jaye

Beach head

Firefly

Zartan

Major Bludd

The ones in bold make sense for hasbro to do. Other than that it is a tough call to determine who the most popular ones are.

I know everyone has their favourites but, whom do you guys think would be the 11 most relevant figures to the 25 year theme?

No offense taken JoeRhyno. I would be skeptical too. I have read these boards for several years...back when this site was called Americandreamcomics.com. I know that people occasionally come on and post nonsense and stir up a lot of trouble. I have been collecting 3.75" GIJOE since 1982 and it is my all-time favorite toyline. This is the first time in many, many years that I am actually excited about the line. I personally felt that Hasbro's offerings (with few exceptions) for the past decade (going back to the TRU 15th Ann. exclusives) were not worthly of being called GIJOE. These new 25th Anniversary figures have renewed my interest in a big way and I decided to finally join these forums instead of being a anoymous lurker. I also am planning on finally attending the GIJOE convention this year because of this new line. I was fortunate enough to come upon some info that I thought people would like to know. Hopefully I will be able to come across more and be an productive member of this forum.

ARBCO: I feel exactly the same way. I haven't been collecting for many years and only recently regained my interest for the line (I guess it kinda got started again with the comic packs).

And in reply to firefly69... I know its been done to death, but here's my bet anyways:

Joes:

Snake Eyes V1

Snake Eyes V2

Duke

Scarlett

Road Block

Gung Ho

Hawk (1986)

Flint (1985)

Lady Jaye (1985)

Stalker (1982)

Shipwreck (1985)

Beach head (1986)

Cobra:

Cobra commander V1

Cobra Commander V2

Destro

Baroness

Storm Shadow V1

Storm Shadow V2

Cobra Officer

Cobra Soldier

Serpentor (1987)

Firefly (1984)

Zartan (1984)

Major Bludd (1983)

Crimson Guard (1985)

And the ones I left out:

Rock 'n Roll

Wild Bill

Doc or Lifeline

Matt & Junkyard

Spirit

Barbecue

Bazooka

Dusty

Tunnel Rat

Tomax & Xamot

Dr. Mindbender (a sure to be peg warmer, but an important character)

Buzzer

Viper

B.A.T.

While it's true that they always produce more good guys than bad guys, it's also true that this is more or less a collector-oriented line. It's not like kids are gonna recognize many of these characters, except the VERY core ones. And some of the joes may even look lame to them by today's standards. (?) heh.

Thanks for the descriptions of the figures, Arbco.

Both Gentleman's and Firefly69's lists for the remaining figures seem like pretty good guesses. However, I would guess that Tomax/Xomat would make the final cut because they are both important characters and that they would obviously share the same mold. (Looks like Hasbro is reusing molds to make the new figures anyways.)

PharmV

Come on I thought this was suppose to be the big Anniversary thing with the figures where we finally get all of our original favorites, but repaints and second versions of the same character???????

I was expecting to read about the new Zartan figure or new firefly. Yep let down for sure.....

I am not here to post anything that is inaccurate. By all accounts Hasbro is reporting these to be 3.75" figures and by the time they come out they just might be. As of right now they measure in at 4.25".

First of all, thanks very much for the info!

Secondly...which figure did you have access to? From what I understand the figures will range in height...Destro and Roadblock may be a bit more than 4" while Scarlett may be a bit shorter than the rest. From everything I have heard, though, Hasbro is absolutely scaling this line to be in tune with what has come before, and that yes, some pre-prod pieces were "over"sized, but production pieces SHOULD be "normal" sized.

That was something I brought up to the Hasbro rep at Toy Fair, and he assured me these were designed as 3 3/4" figures, and should stick to that scale, but that there would be variations in height for characters who were supposed to be larger.

Justin