Master Collector has pics of New 25th Ann. Figures

ARBCO

Man, you guys are bringing back so many memories...

Fun ain't it? ^_^

As far as that new hooded Cobra Commander is concerned, I don't think it looks too "wind-blown" or much in-motion, just slightly from what I remember, although the "at-rest" version would look better. To be honest, I kinda like the more "artistic" look of the hood in-motion myself, but I'm not one of those collectors who does dios or is putting my figures in various poses to where this figure would be in a situation like VH mentioned. But hey, that's just me. To each his own. We should have the option; one head-sculpt that's at-rest, and an interchangeable head that's flowing as if in-motion.

Excellent idea, and I appreciate that you can understand what I'm getting at, while explaining your own feelings on it to the contrary, without throwing me under the bus for being a cloud buster or evil nay sayer, troll or worse! ;)

*sigh* I'm really beginning to miss Joes at retail. Those anniversary figures can't come soon enough. And it's funny 'cause I'm beginning to be hopeful that maybe Hasbro will somehow continue 3-3/4" to 4" Joes at retail if the anniversary stuff is successful. We just didn't know what we had until Hasbro took it away, did we.

I'll agree with that! I still stroll the toy aisles even knowing there's NOTHING (G.I.Joe wise) there that's going to excite me, like a Dawn of the Dead ZOMBIE going to the mall out of force of habit even after I'm DEAD! @lol@

Seeing these Joes on the shelves will likely make a big difference in my enthusiasm and having them in hand will be the final testimony to whether I'm on board with it 100% or left to be longing for better or different.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* I'm really beginning to miss Joes at retail. Those anniversary figures can't come soon enough. And it's funny 'cause I'm beginning to be hopeful that maybe Hasbro will somehow continue 3-3/4" to 4" Joes at retail if the anniversary stuff is successful. We just didn't know what we had until Hasbro took it away, did we.

I'll agree with that! I still stroll the toy aisles even knowing there's NOTHING (G.I.Joe wise) there that's going to excite me, like a Dawn of the Dead ZOMBIE going to the mall out of force of habit even after I'm DEAD! @lol@

Seeing these Joes on the shelves will likely make a big difference in my enthusiasm and having them in hand will be the final testimony to whether I'm on board with it 100% or left to be longing for better or different.

I'll agree as well VH I haven't been collecting as long as you guys but even I miss the fun of actually going out and finding the Joes that I want, I also feel the same about the comics.

I would love to get this non flowing hood for CC...

RR_CC.jpg

or maybe one that's closer to the card art, where it's just hanging there over his shoulders, kinda like the comic pack one was

It`s a shame we never got that figure! @grumpy@

That did LOOK to be pretty promising, with the removable hood and all. Too bad man. :(

cclogorf5.png

So close yet so far.. I've got that figure but not the hood.

I'm going to have to boil the new 25th CC's head and try to straighten out the the hood.

Man, last time I was here this thread was only like 4 pages long!

Thanks to Lady Jaye I got a chance to see the pics.

They aren't quite as bad as I thought. Still majorly disappointing though.

/*rant*/

They went through a lot to sculpt Roadblock, Cobra Commander, Duke, Scarlett, Baroness, Gung-Ho, Cobra, Destro, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow to be essentially dead-on ringer (with better detail) of their original versions. Just to cheap out this way? That's a bunch of crap.

If they are going to make them look THAT close to "original" they should make them ALL look THAT close to original. If they required repaints (which is NOT a bad thing), Storm Shadow could have bee redone as Ninja Viper and Satan. Snake Eyes would have made a good Grunt and Stalker.

/*rant*/

I'm betting others said similar but 18 pages is a LOT of reading.

I was trying to be patient and wait for someone to post pics but is there anyway some one could PM me the pics??

Thanks

I was trying to be patient and wait for someone to post pics but is there anyway some one could PM me the pics??

Thanks

Go take a look at Lady Jaye's myspace page. That's were I found them.

and don't forget to thank her.

Thanks Jaye! #US1#