Master Collector has pics of New 25th Ann. Figures

ARBCO

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buzzer = Awesome!

The Flint looks great... every figure looks awesome!

RAH is back! :)

hey is the 4" stuff real ?

sometimes people say 4" for regualr joe or SW figs even though they are 3"3/4 in reality

According to the interview with Jonathan Berkowitz in Lee's...

The stretching and lengthening of the appendages, looks more realistic and athletic, so it's added an extra 1/4" to them.

If they just shaved a little off the long NECKS would help. The all have the NEW "up periscope" battle neck feature, to see over tall bushes or walls.

@lol@

Which was totally unneccessary. Just look at the original CC, the original Crimson Guard, Tripwire, Doc, etc. Their porportions are perfectly realistic. Giving some of the figures elongated heads and stretched-out arms and legs only produces odd proportions.

cough cough fanboy cough cough!! ^_^

Flint needs, IMHO, some major work before he's reches the level of keen!!

Cough Cough jerk , jerk Cough Cough @smilepunch@

Actually I realized what is the point of spending most of my time criticizing them when I can just look at the brightside of them all. I am not saying they don't need work but they aren't terrible either.

This year is great for me... 25th anniversary Joes... Music for me is doing great... and The Police are together I can not possibly ask for more.

By the way Lady Jaye you spelled REACHES wrong... :P

I don't remember the whole list off the top of my head, nor are we sure that it's a real list, but it's on these boards somewhere around the time the first pics popped up. I would liike to see the list too, but I'm at work and don't have enough time to dig around. If anyone finds the list, could you post it please? Thanks.

I wonder if there will be a DVD released for the 25th anniversery. Maybe in the 5 pack.

I wonder if there will be a DVD released for the 25th anniversery. Maybe in the 5 pack.

That would be great...

Maybe a new Collectors edition Gi Joe The Movie? :)

if these do end up being 4" it's likely i won't buy any if they are the right size i'd buy most of em and some extras of course.

Se really did ninja boots, maybe i can fix that?

I looked at the pics finally. I'm not blown away. But I'm not overly disappointed. Could they do better? Hell yeah. Are they still OK? Yeah, I guess. Will I buy them? Most likely. Will my opinion change when I have them in hand? Won't know until I have them in hand (duh). Now, if these end up being 4", I will be less inclined to buy them. I might do it just to have a shelf set aside for them, but I really don't want yet another scale of GI Joe out there. I could sit here and pick each one apart telling you all what I don't like about each of them, but I think it's all been said already, so I'll just keep it simple. I think they're alright. I'm not having a nerdgasm over them.

I agree, don't make any decisions until you have him in hand.

Apparently, you must have spent a LOT of time fondling your Viper Hunter figure. You gave it quite the review?

^_^

Can you guys please keep to the topic at hand..

For all the Newbies that have been joining, it's nice that you're hear, but if you're joining just to start crap, please leave...

Just to clarify, I'm not a newbie. I joined in 2003. And I'm not here to START crap. It's the opposite, actually. I mostly lurk, but in this case I've posted in an attempt to STOP crap. After reading 2 MONTHS worth of negativity from VH on a topic that is so positive that it's RIDICULOUS (ie the 25th Anniversary line) I just could't stomach it anymore and decided to break my silence. I'm always astounded that people are allowed to complain about nothing, but no one's allowed to complain about a complainer who complains about nothing.

Really the best course of action would be to just delete his comments, cure the problem right at the source. Because quite frankly what he's doing isn't objective. He's just being a pain in the ass.

Yo Joe. #US1#

I agree, don't make any decisions until you have him in hand.

Apparently, you must have spent a LOT of time fondling your Viper Hunter figure. You gave it quite the review?

Seeing the words "fondling" and "Viper Hunter" in the same sentence is NOT something I was looking forward to today ^_^

While I don't see any real evidence to point to true 4" figures (again, lazy typers will often use that instead of 3.75), the last time we got 4" figures was in the last wave of JvC and first wave of Spy Troops, which are still considered some of the best figures of the modern line (Crosshair, Barrel Roll, Chief torpedo, Claws Commander, the first modern Duke, Snake Eyes and cobra commander oring figures, etc). I'm not sure if that really is a "bad thing"

You ever hear the term don't feed the troll? Now, I'm not suggestig VH is a troll. he's borderline troll/Ogre with a hint of elven...

But basically ignore him and he'll wont post or feel the need to respond to you(like he is right now ;) )... with your 40 posts, I don't care if you were the first member that joined TNI, you haven't been here contributing to the community, so to me, you're a newbie that's come out of the shadow to start a flame war.. and if that's why you're here.. like the last guy.. we'll be happy to show you the door, if you can be humane and post like a good little boy.. keep on topic and stop flaming eachother.. then that's fine.. if not.. well... I don't know what else to tell you...

For all the Newbies that have been joining, it's nice that you're hear, but if you're joining just to start crap, please leave...

Just to clarify, I'm not a newbie. I joined in 2003. And I'm not here to START crap. It's the opposite, actually. I mostly lurk, but in this case I've posted in an attempt to STOP crap. After reading 2 MONTHS worth of negativity from VH on a topic that is so positive that it's RIDICULOUS (ie the 25th Anniversary line) I just could't stomach it anymore and decided to break my silence. I'm always astounded that people are allowed to complain about nothing, but no one's allowed to complain about a complainer who complains about nothing.

Really the best course of action would be to just delete his comments, cure the problem right at the source. Because quite frankly what he's doing isn't objective. He's just being a pain in the ass.

Yo Joe. #US1#

The OTHER alternative, would be to just post what you LIKE about the 25th anniversary figures, and just ignore the negative stuff being said about them. That's what 75% of the other members seem to do around here. Some even respect my opinions but disagree nevertheless. Guess they have a grasp on that little thing called maturity, or a sense of their own opinions being just as worthy, and they have the confidence in themselves to debate openly about such things as paint schemes and proportions on toys, without breaking down in tears and running to mommy and daddy to make it GO AWAY!

;)

Yo Joe. #US1#

The OTHER alternative, would be to just post what you LIKE about the 25th anniversary figures, and just ignore the negative stuff being said about them. That's what 75% of the other members seem to do around here. Some even respect my opinions but disagree nevertheless. Guess they have a grasp on that little thing called maturity, or a sense of their own opinions being just as worthy, and they have the confidence in themselves to debate openly about such things as paint schemes and proportions on toys, without breaking down in tears and running to mommy and daddy to make it GO AWAY!

;)

You're the one who's making insults, not me. Guess what that says about YOUR maturity?

Hmmm.

Having seen the pics...

Flint-Duke's body just seems to scrawny. I don't know, but I always pictured Flint being more muscular than Duke. Would it really have been that hard to make a new mold for the upper chest and arms? I'm not just talking about an open shirt, but alittle bulkier. Maybe a new upper chest piece, Storm Shadows upper arms, Gung Ho's lower arms, and the new glove hands.

Snake Eyes V2- Head looks alittle narrow, otherwise not bad.

Cobra Officer - Not much to say, looks good.

Hooded Cobra Commander - Love the darker blue and gold trim, hate the wind swept hood.

Storm Shadow V2- Storm Shadow V2 was one of my favorite figures as a kid, and this just doesn't do it justice. It MIGHT of been better to have used Snake Eye's upper and lower torso with Duke's upper and lower arms, and keep the legs, hands and new head.

In short, if Hasbro is going to reuse parts already, at least get alittle creative.

You ever hear the term don't feed the troll? Now, I'm not suggestig VH is a troll. he's borderline troll/Ogre with a hint of elven...

copy4of22ly8.gif

No love for Sigma Six, and some objections to the new 25th anniversary stylings, does NOT make one a "TROLL".

I've contributed quite a bit more over the years (to the positive) than what you're slashin' and burnin' me with here. ;)

Wait a second. I missed something, 15 pics are out? Who are they of? Or was it just the names, and anywayz, who was that? Also, someone pm me these pics please.

Edit: never mind I know who they are, btu I still wanna see the pics, hit me up please. ummmmmm... Gijoe Rocks

I kinda wish Habro had taken the "25th Anniversary" literally and done only the first year Joes, like Breaker, Grunt and so on. Then in 2008, do the next wave, which would be celebrating their 25th Anniversary. I know they want to use up their big names to spike initial sales, but I'm just saying it would have been nice to see the old line re-released in the same order they originally came out. I'm just hoping we eventually get some of those first year guys. Maybe even do a special boxset of them, since they all look so similar.

Wait a second. I missed something, 15 pics are out? Who are they of? Or was it just the names, and anywayz, who was that? Also, someone pm me these pics please.

There are the first 10 figures (now available for view on Hasbro's website, among many others), and now, Lee's and MC have shown images of the first 5 single carded figures (Flint, Hooded CC, Snake Eyes v2, Storm Shadow v2, Cobra Officer). Technically, 15 figures have been revealed leaving another 10 for the remainder of the first 25 figures (I and others are certain that more than 25 figures will see release this year).

If the single figure assortment listed a couple months ago is correct (which is turning out to be the case), we should still be getting a single card Cobra Trooper, Beachhead, Lady Jaye, Buzzer, and Serpentor, leaving 5 unknowns.

Guest DavAnthony

The larger scale doesn't bother me personally since most of my customs are in the 4" JvsC scale and I really didn't like the 3.75" and shorter VvsV scale. I can still get all of my custom figures to fit in the old vehicles without a problem so I don't think the .25 difference will really cause too many problems if they are that size.

Ya'all know I did take the time to create this little comparison shot of the artwork of Flint and the new figure of him...

(idea stolen from Leo) ;)

flint2jd3.png

and after much belly-achin' over the Duke body thing (which is STILL chinsy) I gave some kudos on how well it match up...for the most part.

I ain't all piss & moan dammit!