Master Collector has pics of New 25th Ann. Figures

ARBCO

Now that I've seen them, I'm not really that impressed. I waited till I saw them before I said anything, and I actually expected to be impressed by these, but I'm not. Flint looks like the ARAH Flint would beat him up and steal his lunch money. The legs work...but that's about it. Even the face which is new, doesn't look tough enough to be Flint.

SE and SS just fail to impress. I was blown away by their box set ones, but these just look half assed. T

The Officer is pretty nice, but I can't believe after they spent the money on the head and web gear they couldn't give him a new gun.

Cobra Commander is awesome though. I wish the mask wouldn't have been "Wind Blown" but it's not that bad. Just hard to get excited about it when I'm not excited about any of the others that it's surronded by.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its interesting to hear everyones opinions. For the people that don't like the figures, that is cool I can understand some of your complaints.

To me these are some of the best figures that hasbro offered.

A question to the guys who don't like them:

Which hasbro offering besides the 82-86 run do you think are better than this offering? (And I do realize that this being the best offering is not an excuse if you think the figures are poorly done.)

And I keep forgetting, but does anyone else think the SE v.2 head looks like they sculpted it based on the David Michael Beck portrait on the back of the Devils Due #1 from 2001? It's got that rounded look to the visor. Any takers?

Thank you..I was trying to figure out where I saw it from

Just had a thought on Flint. I know hasbro probably wants to save money by recycling parts, but if they made different upper arms, with rolled up sleeves, then they would have the upper arms that they would need for breaker, rock & roll, clutch, and a few newer, lesser characters like falcon also.

with new upper arms, and the snake-eyes v1, they would have all of the parts necessary to make every member of the original 13 by using head and accessory swaps, except for clutch, steeler, and possibly flash or grand slam. I would think that knowing that might make making new arms for Flint cost efficient down the road.

A character like Rock & Roll, with the v2's that we know we are getting now, might not warrant one of the final ten spots with characters like stalker, lady jaye, hawk, zartan, firefly, etc. but if the line goes anything beyond the 25, then I would definately think making new Flint upper arms would serve hasbro's needs.

anyways, just a thought.

I`m suprised at how well that works for Flint. A little scrawny to be perfect but it still warrants a purchase in my book! I absolutely LOVE that V2 StormShadow! That was my favorite version of him anyway and I think this figure more than does him justice! The C/O is great but that was a good mold anyway and the CC is darn near perfect! SE is ok, I like him better than the V1 at least. The could still make most of the original 13 pretty easily with the V1 Mold. I could also fairly easily mod the V1 mold into Flash and Grand Slam too. I`m really liking this line so far and since i`m not buying any of the Transformers Movie Line I can spend that money on these and buy a ton extra for customs! It`s hard to look at my fodder now and want to customize with these on the way! Way to go Hasbro!

Sorry to be a pest but could somebody please PM those pictures? It's hard to make a statement when I haven't seen anything. Thanks in advance.

Done

hey is the 4" stuff real ?

sometimes people say 4" for regualr joe or SW figs even though they are 3"3/4 in reality

According to the interview with Jonathan Berkowitz in Lee's...

The stretching and lengthening of the appendages, looks more realistic and athletic, so it's added an extra 1/4" to them.

If they just shaved a little off the long NECKS would help. The all have the NEW "up periscope" battle neck feature, to see over tall bushes or walls.

@lol@

In my experience lazy people tend to type 4" when they mean 3 3/4"

It's not always the case, but it does happen even in magazines.

Anyway, whatever scale these are, I want them all. I love everything I've seen so far with one small exception...

Snake Eyes version 2...How the HELL could you cheap out on arguably the most popular version of the most popular character in the line? I suppose my only real gripes would be the combat boots (on a silent "ninja") and the lack of wrist crossbow. I suppose it's nothing a pair of repainted storm shadow boots and a litte sculpey can't fix, but still...Either way, I will have these all. Indeed. I can't wait.

hey is the 4" stuff real ?

sometimes people say 4" for regualr joe or SW figs even though they are 3"3/4 in reality

According to the interview with Jonathan Berkowitz in Lee's...

The stretching and lengthening of the appendages, looks more realistic and athletic, so it's added an extra 1/4" to them.

If they just shaved a little off the long NECKS would help. The all have the NEW "up periscope" battle neck feature, to see over tall bushes or walls.

@lol@

I was worried they were going to be like Microman or the Marvel Showdown, you know, flimsy and easily broken

Well not that big, unless you're Big Boa!! But give em a bit of muscle, hell the old figure had nice sized arms!! He was buff!! Of course not as buff Steamroller!! That guy was a tough guy!! :D

More like this?...

photo_12.jpg

Good god that guy is hot... I'm going to join the Marines right now...

I was worried they were going to be like Microman or the Marvel Showdown, you know, flimsy and easily broken

That determination is YET to come. THAT'S the kind of thing that will require our "hands on" examination.

photo_12.jpg

Give me one of THESE...

pinupgirlclothing193910ib1.png

and I'll join!! @hmmm@ did I already mention something about "hands on examination"?

VH, it is rather lame to pass judgment on the pics until you've seen 'em. Doesn't matter how well they're described. I think there's an old saying about how many words a picture is worth...

I still disagree. It's what we DO here.

For someone to tell me that they SAW the pics of Flint at MC, and that Flint has the same body mold as Duke, I know I dislike that already. I don't have to see it to tell you that.

Doesn't seem like such a big deal, or anything "lame" to know I don't like a RE-USE for one of my favorite characters.

Now having explained that,

I will give SOME compliments on the paint scheme on Flint, as I think (when compared to the artwork) it matches up very well, despite the use of Dukes body, and they did add some gloves.

flint2jd3.png

I very well COULD end up giving this figure a BETTER rating once in hand, but at this juncture, I'm not impressed.

It's just the way it works in this hobby.

Whatever man. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. You should be grateful you live in a country that allows grown men to buy children's toys and not lock you up for it. Remember? These are CHILDREN'S TOYS. I grew up on G.I. Joe, I LOVE G.I. Joe, and I'm extremely grateful to Hasbro for this new 25th Anniversary line because although I loved them as a kid, the old 80's figures don't hold up anymore IN MY OPINION. If you think the old ones are better than the new ones, then that's cool, but I think the new ones look better, and so do the vast majority of people here. I'm glad we're getting redo's. Are they perfect? No, some of them aren't. And why is that? BECAUSE THEY'RE CHILDREN'S TOYS!!! As an adult collector, this should always, ALWAYS be kept in mind. They'll never be at a Movie Maniacs or Cult Classics level of detail because they're meant to be played with by little kids. And a little kid isn't going to care if Flint is made of the same body as Duke, or if SE v2 doesn't have a wrist-dart launcher. When I was little, I didn't care that most of the first year of figures reused body parts, and little kids are the reason that line of toys was so successful, not collectors. They may throw us a bone or two, but the fate of the line rests on how many kids are going to ask mommy and daddy to buy these for them.

oh, one more thing... these are childrens toys..

BUT

who do you think the 25th anniversery line is geared towards ? 10 year olds or people that remember the 1982 series when it was first released?

Guest DavAnthony

Thanks to VH and Mace I was able to see the pictures. I think they look pretty good. I always prefer newly sculpted parts to re-used stuff but all in all I'm happy with these figures. They are better then what we were getting towards the end of VvsV and since I didn't like Sigma Six I think they are better and more inline with what GiJoe is about then that line was (no attack or war here just an opinion).

I was hoping "4 inches" would be just the typical "generalization" some use when talking about 3 3/4. @grumpy@

ARBCO was right all the way.

While many of us will be getting these... I predict a grim future for the line. While some will not care about the scale, most will... and this will be critical in the long run. Most collectors, especially those who open their toys, will want these new figures to be in scale with the 1000's of figs and vehicles they already own. And, as Windu just said, these are geared towards collectors. Yes, kids will buy them too... but most of these characters, even if known to them, will be sporting their classic outfits. In other words, the primary target are all who grew up with these designs. And these costumers are the ones who will not tolerate a change in scale.

Remember Sgt. Savage, Hasbro! As cool as those figures were.

Such a shame.

Personally, I am VERY excited about the new figs.

I think they look great, I am worried about the durability, but without having them in hand, who knows.

I am glad they inlcuded Gung Ho, my personal favorite.

I would like to see Rock n Roll, Doc, Lady Jaye, Zartan and Road Pig, Definately a NEW Sgt. Slaughter.. I am hopeful

Mace Windu Preview...

I was originall scared by the durability issue as well. These things look close enough to the notoriously breakable Marvel Showdown figures...But when I think about the durability of my Hasbro toys, Joes, Star Wars, Transformers...I don't think Hasbro would ever release sub par plastic or jointing. They're the Ford of toy companies for the most part. So I'm hopeful and optimistic that these guys will last a very long time.

Mace Windu Preview...

I was originall scared by the durability issue as well. These things look close enough to the notoriously breakable Marvel Showdown figures...But when I think about the durability of my Hasbro toys, Joes, Star Wars, Transformers...I don't think Hasbro would ever release sub par plastic or jointing. They're the Ford of toy companies for the most part. So I'm hopeful and optimistic that these guys will last a very long time.

I sure hope your right, because I am looking forward to these figs.

Well not that big, unless you're Big Boa!! But give em a bit of muscle, hell the old figure had nice sized arms!! He was buff!! Of course not as buff Steamroller!! That guy was a tough guy!! :D

More like this?...

photo_12.jpg

Kameda you are so funny. I just spit out my Dr.Pepper on the screen when you said that. Its even more funny cause I know you would.