Master Collector has pics of New 25th Ann. Figures

ARBCO

seen the pics, and all I can say is that hasbro doesn't care about G.I. Joe, all they care about is slapping us Joe fans in the face and licking our tears. c'mon, Hasbro! Flint doesn't button his shirt all the way to the top, he clearly keeps the top button open to reveal where his clavicle rests above his clean shaven chest. if his top button isn't open it isn't Flint, so why waste our times!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, until I get modslapped for sharing info.

Nah, like I said via PM, you shouldn't have any problems now! As long as you keep it via PM, you're not posting them!!

If anything people can just come to myspace and do a search for Lady Jaye and pick the one with my avatar!! And they too can see the pics!!!

Nah not griping just stating how I feel. This is supposed to be the 25th Anniversary line. In my opinion this line is supposed to celebrate GIJOE and all the greatness it bought Hasbro and the love it bought collectors. In my opinion Hasbo shouldnt go blowing their own horn, for doing what they did for every incarnation of Joe since its return...and thats the reuse of molds and oversaturation of certain characters like Duke, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Reusing molds is cool for the heads/mask of cobra troops like Range Viper and Cobra Trooper, or for Joe characters like the Flash and GrandSlam. Mix and match parts, Im cool with but if this is supposed to be the 80's uniform done with modern tech then spend the money to do it right.

Well stated and RIGHT ON!! :)

Nah, like I said via PM, you shouldn't have any problems now! As long as you keep it via PM, you're not posting them!!

If anything people can just come to myspace and do a search for Lady Jaye and pick the one with my avatar!! And they too can see the pics!!!

I added you to my myspace account

Cool Mace, guess I just accepted ya!! Didn't know you were you're from!! Cool!!!

Oh and AFS, I don't think they will. The second version of Duke wasn't out until 91, that's to far from thish they can choose, or should choose a figure from!!! Nothing past 86 I say, for the first 25. Of course they broke that with Stormy!!!

Big question, is this Cobra Stormy or is he already switching sides!! :huh:

Thanks Justin for filling us in. Nice to see someone passing judgment on the figures that has ACTUALLY SEEN THE PICS. Radical concept for the internet toy community.

What's wrong with passing judgement on stuff we HAVEN'T seen yet, but have had detailed information shared, as to what they look like?

Flint has Dukes entire body mold, save for the new head sculpt.

How hard is it to make a judgement on THAT? The practice sucks, especially on THESE particular figures, for this particular "special edition".

I went to the comic shop today and bought the new Lee's magazine, and have now SEEN them for myself, and I still think the Flint figure is lame.

WoW! They gave him a belt of bullets over Dukes body that STILL has the eagle on it! :rolleyes:

CHEAPO Hasbro and shame on you for whimping out on Flint!

I suppose the NEXT complaint, about my complaint on this, is that I shouldn't judge the figure until I actually HAVE them in hand. Wait, wait and then WAIT to speak!

If I do happen to buy one, and STILL dislike it, I'll just get nasty pm's about how bad a Joe fan I am and how I should be more supportive.

There's no RIGHT way to express our opinions on this, unless it's all huff and fluff about how AWESOME it sounds, looks or IS.

You know what sucks.

I fear that since there's a second Snake-Eyes, a Second StormShadow, and a second Commander.......there's a good chance that there will be another Duke. @grumpy@

yeah, you are probably worrying a little too much about this. unlike SE's, SS and CC, Duke only has one iconic look, v1. what are you worried, that they may release a Tiger Force version of him? maybe at some point, but probably not with the initial first waves where it can be considered an issue.

Thanks Justin for filling us in. Nice to see someone passing judgment on the figures that has ACTUALLY SEEN THE PICS. Radical concept for the internet toy community.

What's wrong with passing judgement on stuff we HAVEN'T seen yet, but have had detailed information shared, as to what they look like?

Flint has Dukes entire body mold, save for the new head sculpt.

How hard is it to make a judgement on THAT? The practice sucks, especially on THESE particular figures, for this particular "special edition".

I went to the comic shop today and bought the new Lee's magazine, and have now SEEN them for myself, and I still think the Flint figure is lame.

WoW! They gave him a belt of bullets over Dukes body that STILL has the eagle on it! :rolleyes:

CHEAPO Hasbro and shame on you for whimping out on Flint!

I suppose the NEXT complaint, about my complaint on this, is that I shouldn't judge the figure until I actually HAVE them in hand. Wait, wait and then WAIT to speak!

If I do happen to buy one, and STILL dislike it, I'll just get nasty pm's about how bad a Joe fan I am and how I should be more supportive.

There's no RIGHT way to express our opinions on this, unless it's all huff and fluff about how AWESOME it sounds, looks or IS.

you will take your criticism, you bitter, crotchety geezer, and like it! @smilepunch@

On a side note, I truly cannot wait for these figures to be released as they are incredible and well made. My ONLY complaint is that they are not 3.75" but 4" in height (and are taller than the JvsC, ST and VvsV figures which I thought were too tall. There are not many vintage vehicles that they will fit into, which is a bit of a disappointment to me...hope they get shrunk a bit by the time they are released.

ARBCO is absolutely correct! The article clearly states they're 4" now, because of the new concept that LONGER, Skinnier legs and torso "give these figures a more realistic and athletic physique".

Apparently an elongated squished-in HEAD looks more "athletic" as well, because SE's V2...(wow, I have to type V2 ALREADY on these) has one thin noggin' on him.

Wind blown hood on CC again! Dumb feature! @grumpy@

The Pacific Rim three-point articulation with pinned hinges on CC looks nasty as well. He looks more skeletal than human.

I guess the Cobra Officer is the only good figure in the bunch here (for me) but I already liked the Trooper, and it's just a straight repaint, so go figure. ^_^

That fact is not a gripe though, because it fits the original concept of the two figures.

you will take your criticism, you bitter, crotchety geezer, and like it! @smilepunch@

I do seem to be getting MORE crotchety in my old age. Maybe I need to buy BIGGER depends? These ones are cutting off the circulation or something.

Wind blown hood on CC again! Dumb feature! @grumpy@

@hmmm@

Had to read that twice because I actually agree with you!

OMIGOD!!!

aw4199ci1.png

What's going on HERRRRRE???

;)

The last time we got CC and his wind-blown hood...

I had to play with him THIS way...

f54c3b27.jpg

Do they think he's always caught in a hurricane or something?

^_^

I think these look awesome. I think that Hasbro really allowed thier designers alot of room to make the right choices. I mean, its rare that designers are allowed such freedom but I think it allows for more creativity and in the end, we collectors are the winners.

BIG WINNERS

the hooded CC, the Flint I mean they are not perfect. But its been a LONG time since we had a good Flint figure.....

but I am really looking forward to Gung Ho, both Snake Eyes and the Storm Shadow..

On a side note. The Duke looks really great.

I just hope my wife allows me to get them all in one shot, I have a feeling these are not going to stay on shelves very long, what with the scalpers and stuff.

VH, it is rather lame to pass judgment on the pics until you've seen 'em. Doesn't matter how well they're described. I think there's an old saying about how many words a picture is worth...

I've seen the pic and have it for anyone that asks (PM me requests). And now that I've seen them, I'll pass judgement:

They're awesome! Seriously...they are. My only issues would be that SEv2's head does look squished. I'm not sure what's going on at Hasbro, but the squished head thing has happened to some of their Marvel Legends as well. The only other complaint I have would be the covered/wrapped forearms on SSv2 which prevents the exposure of his Arishkage tattoos.

Flint: Outstanding. His pants are olive and not camo, but I can live with this. Who knows...maybe this will change by production time? He's got a nice stern look on his face. He does have gloves! Yeah, his sleeves are longer than the RAHv1, but I can easily live with this. The shotgun shell harness (and different colored shirt, secondary color on boots) make a world of difference with the figure. The harness even has a secondary holster strap coming down from it. If that isn't a nice touch, I don't know what is. His shotgun? Awesome! I think it's new and based on the SPAS-12 but don't quote me on that. This is way better than what I expected after reading about the reuse of Duke's body.

Snake-Eyes v2: Looks pretty good. Except for the squished head which makes his body look huge. I like the grey highlights. They separate this from v1 a lot. I miss the wrist crossbow from the RAH, though. Of course, I also missed Destro having wrist rockets for about 20 years...so I'll live. I never cared for the RAH SEv2 sword, so I don't miss it having an homage. It would have been nice, and I understand some people's disappointment. I suppose it comes down to cost and the "inability" to reuse such a character-specific weapon.

Cobra Officer: If you liked the Cobra Soldier, you'll love this. I don't understand anyone complaining about this one. What else would you want out of a Cobra Officer figure? One question though. Did any Cobra Soldier/Officer toys of the past have a red kerchief (other than the TRU 6-pack)? I always preferred red to black or silver.

Hooded Cobra Commander: I'll say it again...what else could you want for this figure? He looks great! Love the gold accents. Darker blue also makes him seem more regal which fits the reasoning behind this look. I don't mind the windblown hood since it isn't too exaggerated (unlike the VvV that VH posted). I think the slight windblown hood adds a dynamic to the figure without making it useless in a display.

Storm Shadow v2: Way better than expected after hearing about the reuse of v1's body. I think it actually looks great. His head is outstanding! Love the grey camo. His swords look really nice as well. His quiver looks to be brown/maroon which is probably a nice wink to the weird red color the RAH had. Yeah, I'll miss the forearm tattoos, but I can live with it since this figure looks so awesome.

Overall, I'm very pleased. The squished SEv2 head is sad, but there's plenty of time to fix that (might just be weird photography as well). I don't mind getting multiple versions of characters, as long as the variations are warranted (ie they're popular and iconic). I think they could have been spread out a bit, but I'll buying 'em anyway. I don't think we'll be flooded with multiple versions of characters, since not many characters had very distinctive multiple costumes.

I really like CC and the Cobra Officer, the others are just so-so.

- Flint's head/body doesn't mesh very well and I hate the longer sleeves on him

- Snake Eyes visor just isn't right

- Storm Shadow's face/eyes look goofy

Lady Jaye: Looked up for your profile on Rebelscum's forums but your Myspace link didn't work. But then, I just figured: I'll just look her up on Myspace's search engine. Sure enough, there she was. Thanks for putting up the pic! (and thanks to the rest of you who also did so before and to all those who died trying :P).

Flint's awesome! Ahstalon: I think his pants have a very light camo. I bet it'll be darker in the production run. Absolutely dig this figure.

Snakes Eyes looks excellent as well. I don't agree about his head looking wrong. I think proportions are fine. Only thing that bothers me a little are the boots being gray. I don't mind him having pants and boots like that (which the vinty fig didn't have), but I woulda left the boots black, not gray. Still great looking... and I never really liked his weird arabic sword anyways, so his new pseudo-katana suits him better.

Cobra Officer: Not much to say except it looks awesome.

Cobra Commander: Totally agree about his hood not having an extreme "flow". I think it's perfectly fine as is. Best CC ever, for sure.

Storm Shadow V2: Seems to be the least interesting of the bunch, but only because his pose stinks. He doesn't look badass enough... blame whoever took the pics at Hasbro! Still, I'm sure it's great. And I wouldn't rule out the presence of his trademark tattoo. Can't tell from this angle. I know he's got Strom Shadow V1's arms and all, but who knows... maybe there's some space left for it.

Someone said that these WILL be 4'' after all. Where did you get that info from, Lee's article? Sure hope they ain't 4''... cuz that's what's gonna kill the line. Changes in scale have never been good for any on-going and successful toy line. It's been tried for GiJoe as well (closest example would be Sgt. Savage). Hasbro... be careful.

Its not lame to pass judgement before you have it in hand, I mean, when you collect for many many years, you get a real good idea of whats what and you know just from looking what you will like and not like.