Master Collector has pics of New 25th Ann. Figures

ARBCO

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New poster to this Board, but happy to be here as I frequent the site about a zillion times a day from work.

My question goes out to General Hawk if you're listening and have a chance - you said SE v.2 had the same accessories as V.1 - does he also have a sword? As for his arms, did you notice if he had his trademark mini-cross bow thingy (that's the technical term for it right?). And finally, was the bandolier the same one that we see on the Duke 25th AF?

And on a side note, I just wanted to extend a personal thanks to General Hawk for busting his hump to bring all of us luney fans news before it happens. He deserves as much credit as any (at least in my eyes) for helping to keep the line afloat by maintaining interest and on occasion, sparking more.

Thanks for the nice words, I appreciate it.

You may have seen the pics already, but if not, yes, Snake Eyes v.2 DOES come with a sword, though it looks a lot like one we've seen in the line before, so I'm not sure it's a new weapon. It may be, though. No, Snake Eyes' bandolier was completely different than Duke's. It looked very similar to the one the original '85 figure came with...looks excellent, actually. I couldn't really tell if there was a wrist-mounted dart launcher, but my guess would be 'no', since they reused the arms from v.1 in the 5-Pack.

Thanks again for the "thanks".

It does look like the pics are down again (before I even got a chance to see 'em, too...) ...I'm sure they will be public for everyone soon enough.

Justin

Also anyone know if they are making new weapons for the 25th line or are they rehashing old ones? The reason I'm asking is because of Roadblocks Ma Deuce. The pic Hasbro sent out looks awesome but the Toyfair Roadblock didn't have the gun.

Both. Roadblock is definitely coming with his Ma-Deuce (the Toy Fair rep said he wasn't sure why Roadblock didn't have it when he came down from the model shop) and lot of the initial figures are getting new gear. I wouldn't expect all new weapons for everyone (as we've already seen), but there should be a decent mix of new and reused weaponry, when it fits.

Justin

Ok, that's it I am going to have to sell my brothers kids and the live in the poor house for the next couple of years, because i am going to be so broke after buying all of the figures and then some.

@yipee@

me like, me like alot.

db

MOD EDIT: image removed

Not bad. Better than I expected from all the trash talking.

Flint's sleeves do bother me but he looks different enough from duke that it doesn't bother me too much.

SE looks cool but I probably wouldn't get him if he didn't come w/ Timber since the 5 pack version is suitable for me.

The Officer looks Sweet! 10 of those to go along with my 50 troopers will be nice!

Hooded CC loks really cool. I'll get him.

Stormy is only so so. Never cared for him as a Joe so this will probably be a pass for me.

Also anyone know if they are making new weapons for the 25th line or are they rehashing old ones? The reason I'm asking is because of Roadblocks Ma Deuce. The pic Hasbro sent out looks awesome but the Toyfair Roadblock didn't have the gun.

Both. Roadblock is definitely coming with his Ma-Deuce (the Toy Fair rep said he wasn't sure why Roadblock didn't have it when he came down from the model shop) and lot of the initial figures are getting new gear. I wouldn't expect all new weapons for everyone (as we've already seen), but there should be a decent mix of new and reused weaponry, when it fits.

Justin

I do agree that we've sween that sword before, although I'm hoping they tweak it a bit. The original version is very rounded and asymmetrical - I was hoping for a shout out to the 85 sabre. In any event, I was pretty pleased with the pics, and all in all, I'm getting what I want - New GI Joe with the promise of more GI Joe. Me = Happy.

And General Hawk, you are welcome. Ps, I hope we see a figure of your namesake (the 86 version with a correctly colored helmet and goggles).

Thanks fro putting up the pics :) I want to see better res versions but, with these pictures as is, I think I will get them all. Again, these are

way better than most of the previous hasbro offerings. I liked the comic packs but, really like these better. I was never a fan of the o ring, and really like the new shoulder joints

I removed the pic, you are not allowed to post pictures from a magazine, THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE please dont post it again.

Give it time, I'm sure if the pics are out there, hasbro will be sending them out shortly.

-Joe

Kudos for posting the pics! My wife is gonna freak when she finds out they're doing her favorite ver. of Stormy (as for myself, it's hard to choose).

FLINT: Pretty nice, but I'd prefer a "lobsided grin". I know nobody likes that sort of thing, but IMO it was what really made the original Flint.

SNAKE-EYES v.2: Not sure about his visor. What I heard from Mark Bellomo, is that the original v.2 visor was added based on obscure headgear found in a WWI museum. Can anyone confirm this? :unsure: I'd like to see the real thing. It appears to me that SE's visor has had more artistic variants than Wolverine's claws (grill, slitted, overlapping, etc.).

OFFICER: Awesome. So both the trooper and officer come with sniper rifles?

CC: Hood is blowing to his LEFT. Hope I don't stand any figs next to him with a cape or hair blowing to the RIGHT.

STORM SHADOW v.2: He just keeps getting better the more I look at him. Makes me nostalgic for the Mark Bright/Hama run in the comics again!

Thanks again for showing this!

-PJ

no problemo homeboy

pm me if you want it

ps. its "allowed" ;-)

Could someone PM me the pics? I figured Master Collector would have made the pics available to non-members by now, as I last checked this thread 2 days ago. When they were revealign the first 10, they only kept them under wraps for members only for about 1 day.

I'm not gone .. I hope its allowed for me to pm them