Master Collector has pics of New 25th Ann. Figures

ARBCO

My only problem with the line now is the fact that they are reusing figures. I don't have a problem with the 25th AF(Anniversary Figure) Cobra Officer because the Officer and The Soldier have the same uniform. Just switch the webbing and you're cooking with Crisco. Snake Eyes 25th AF V2 I'm fine with as well, because if you look at his 80's V2 uniform its the same uniform as his 80's V1 uniform. The only differences are the bandolier, the gauntlet, and his belt. Since they are replacing those items and the head I'm cool with that. Now Flint.....well I'm on the fence for this one. My concerns are the arms. I wish they would make Flints arms with the gloves Its not that difficult to do I think. Im no mold expert, but like someone pointed out earlier his arms could be used for others who have rolled up sleeves to the bicep. Lastly 25th AF V2 Storm Shadow...I hate it. The RAH V2 version wasn't that popular to warrant a 25th anniversary version. I guess you can argue that you get both his evil V1 version and his good V2 version. Which leads me to the last reason I hate him. Its not his V2 version. Its his V1 version with tetris paint and a rope. It would have been acceptable if they did the arms correctly. What gets me though is Hasbro touts this as the 25th anniversary line. You would thing they would put their all into it and show their love for the Joe line. Reusing molds when they don't need to be reused isn't showing love or their all in my opinion. Put the money forward and make the molds when they need to be made. I would rather have 5-10 original mold 25th Anniversary figures with their weapons and such instead of 25 figures, half of those being reused.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that info Justin, that will tide me over until the pics are released to the general public, also I don't see the Flint with Duke's

body being to much of an issue either, mainly because of the reasons that everyone else has given before me, so I will reserve my final

judgement on these figures when I get them in hand, and as long as they make a Beachhead I be a happy camper :)

I feel the same way as General Zod. If they're doing this for the big gijoe fans and collectors and stuff and really wanna make it special. You make all new molds at least to start out for the first handful of figures. But as soon as they hit 10 new molds right then there start to me reusing of molds already? I mean common.

New poster to this Board, but happy to be here as I frequent the site about a zillion times a day from work.

My question goes out to General Hawk if you're listening and have a chance - you said SE v.2 had the same accessories as V.1 - does he also have a sword? As for his arms, did you notice if he had his trademark mini-cross bow thingy (that's the technical term for it right?). And finally, was the bandolier the same one that we see on the Duke 25th AF?

And on a side note, I just wanted to extend a personal thanks to General Hawk for busting his hump to bring all of us luney fans news before it happens. He deserves as much credit as any (at least in my eyes) for helping to keep the line afloat by maintaining interest and on occasion, sparking more.

but it sounds like we are griping to much without seeing any pics. Lets wait people.

Nah not griping just stating how I feel. This is supposed to be the 25th Anniversary line. In my opinion this line is supposed to celebrate GIJOE and all the greatness it bought Hasbro and the love it bought collectors. In my opinion Hasbo shouldnt go blowing their own horn, for doing what they did for every incarnation of Joe since its return...and thats the reuse of molds and oversaturation of certain characters like Duke, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Reusing molds is cool for the heads/mask of cobra troops like Range Viper and Cobra Trooper, or for Joe characters like the Flash and GrandSlam. Mix and match parts, Im cool with but if this is supposed to be the 80's uniform done with modern tech then spend the money to do it right.

New poster to this Board, but happy to be here as I frequent the site about a zillion times a day from work.

My question goes out to General Hawk if you're listening and have a chance - you said SE v.2 had the same accessories as V.1 - does he also have a sword? As for his arms, did you notice if he had his trademark mini-cross bow thingy (that's the technical term for it right?). And finally, was the bandolier the same one that we see on the Duke 25th AF?

And on a side note, I just wanted to extend a personal thanks to General Hawk for busting his hump to bring all of us luney fans news before it happens. He deserves as much credit as any (at least in my eyes) for helping to keep the line afloat by maintaining interest and on occasion, sparking more.

Man you read my mind...those question about the bandolier and sword were on my mind as well.

Im cool with those pics. They look ok and are close to the originals and different from the reused molds they used. Flints hand is kinda weird though..something about his shoulders are off as well. Glad he has gloves...which I think are Roadblocks. I wonder how it would look if they switched Flints arms with Storm Shadows. Would the flow of the arms to body look right? Is it molded in the same texture. Does that last line I wrote make sense? I figure if they switch Flints arms with Storm Shadows then they would look more like their 80's counterpart. I still stand by what I said earlier though about reuse of molds.

Also anyone know if they are making new weapons for the 25th line or are they rehashing old ones? The reason I'm asking is because of Roadblocks Ma Deuce. The pic Hasbro sent out looks awesome but the Toyfair Roadblock didn't have the gun.

Those all look pretty sweet to me... Actually.. Flint looks in proportion.. I am VERY happy..

I like them all

Those all look pretty sweet to me... Actually.. Flint looks in proportion.. I am VERY happy..

I like them all

Bah Flints head looks weird. They never make it right. I tell you, why cant they just take a mold of Bruce Campbells head and create Flint from that ;). That would look so nice. Seriously after looking at it it seems to be his neck is off. Maybe cause its turned to the right thats throwing me off. I really do like his web gear though. Kudos to Hasbro for that.

To gripe or not to gripe. To debate or not to debate. That is the question.

Ok,

I'll debate...

One thing people might have not thought of is the fact that this the first wave in the line, and a new line all together. Hasbro is just using their heads when it comes to keeping cost down in case the Retail gaints are not interested in persuing the line.

We must also consider that these where planned months before they were introduced at the Toyfair, again not knowing if anyone would be interested in the line.

So Hasbro did what was considered logical under the circumstance.

I have a sneaky suspicion that future waves will see more new molds (which i am hoping will be the case for Lady Jaye (no hat please), finally giving her dues) as interest grows.

I trust Justin's accessment of the 1st wave of single figures.

I am really looking forward to getting these.

And regarding gloves for Flint, you can always use the glove hands that come with the BBI figures.

Oh can someone please pm me the pic, I love to what these guys look like. Thanks in advance.

db

Also anyone know if they are making new weapons for the 25th line or are they rehashing old ones? The reason I'm asking is because of Roadblocks Ma Deuce. The pic Hasbro sent out looks awesome but the Toyfair Roadblock didn't have the gun.

We'lll probably see a mix of new and old. Keep in mind that Toy Fair rarely has final production pieces unless the product is just a few weeks from release (I recall a couple years back, Hasbro showed a yellow Tracks at Toy Fair, even though the final figure ended up blue)

Back to accessories, from what I've seen, the Ma Deuce is new, as is much of Storm Shadow's stuff. Gung Ho got a new grenade launcher I think, but in all reality, Hasbro DOES have a pretty nice backlog of weapons made during 2004/05, the Baronness assault rifle is from Bombstrike/Crimson Guard (and one of the finer weapons of the line, IMO), and while Flint appears to have the old Automatic Shotgun from 03, it appears Hasbro added a shoulder strap to it.

Well you're right Skarapz, but still I think it would be cooler and give more respect to gijoe and it's fans to have all new molding for the first at least 25 figs.

I fail to see how reusing molds is disrespectful to G.I. Joe which has a history of reusing molds, both in 12" form which was the same body with different uniforms and accssories - kind of exactly what is happening here, and 3 3/4" form, and especially to the fans. please clarify what is disrespectful about reusing molds which can logically be different characters with nothing more than different colors and accessories.

Thanks for posting the pics from Lee's, I went to my comic store today but they didn't have the issue yet. The pics are much better (and in color) than in the Club Newsletter...plus we get to see Flint.

Again these are early prototypes, as the shoulders, knees and ankles still have the visible pins, which I have been told will not be visible in the final product. The Cobra Commander looks even better than I thought...

In regards to the debate over re-using parts, there are a few things to keep in mind in regards to this line (and GIJOE in general right now)...

While Hasbro would never admit this, right now (atleast for 2007) GIJOE is on their low list of priorities when it comes to their Boys Action Category. While that is not a popular remark it is the truth. Hasbro's TOP priority this year is of course Transformers due to the movie and upcoming cartoon, their new Marvel license - which they just paid a bundle for - and which has three movies this year (Spiderman 3, FF2 and Ghost Rider) and of course Star Wars. Star Wars gets the lionshare due to it's consistently strong sales. Transformers is a proven seller with kids and collectors and with a movie this year Hasbro is putting it's money into it big time. As with Marvel...again 3 movies and a fairly strong collector following. Frankly, if this wasn't the 25th Anniversary for 3.75" GIJOE, we probably wouldn't be getting anything this year at all. We are very lucky to be even getting this much product. Initially this line was conceived to only be the 2 boxed sets - one for GIJOE and one for COBRA, the initial retail reactions were so strong that an additional 15 single carded figures were added. Right now the GIJOE team is not working with the huge budget the other lines have, so some sacrifices and cost cutting measures have to be taken. Some are perfectly fine (ala Cobra Commander, Cobra Officer) and for the others so far they are fine. Many of the upcoming figures will feature all new parts...the team is doing the best they can with what they have to work with.

Realistically, they cannot re-invent 1982-86 even if they would like to. These are different times and GIJOE does not have the sales strength it once did.

All and all...SUPPORT THE LINE!!! That is the only way you'll get more new figures and new sculpts. Hasbro already has contingency plans in place for more product should the line do well, and more sales = more money that Hasbro will spend on the line.

I thought the first ten figures looked great. Like a lot of people I got excited about G.I. Joe again. Then I hear a lot of bad about the other figures, and I got to thinking. If this was a tenth anniversary and there were only ten figures getting released, I'd be more than happy with the ten we've seen. So even if the other figures aren't as good, so what, we are getting ten awesome figures, right?

It kinda reminds me of a scene from a movie, where a homeless guy complains that somebody only gave him ten dollars. SO WHAT! the ten dollars is better than what he had, and the first ten figures are better than what we have, so, at least for me, I am going to enjoy those ten and wait and see and hopefully be pleasantly surprised with the rest.

Thanks for posting the pics from Lee's, I went to my comic store today but they didn't have the issue yet. The pics are much better (and in color) than in the Club Newsletter...plus we get to see Flint.

Again these are early prototypes, as the shoulders, knees and ankles still have the visible pins, which I have been told will not be visible in the final product. The Cobra Commander looks even better than I thought...

In regards to the debate over re-using parts, there are a few things to keep in mind in regards to this line (and GIJOE in general right now)...

While Hasbro would never admit this, right now (atleast for 2007) GIJOE is on their low list of priorities when it comes to their Boys Action Category. While that is not a popular remark it is the truth. Hasbro's TOP priority this year is of course Transformers due to the movie and upcoming cartoon, their new Marvel license - which they just paid a bundle for - and which has three movies this year (Spiderman 3, FF2 and Ghost Rider) and of course Star Wars. Star Wars gets the lionshare due to it's consistently strong sales. Transformers is a proven seller with kids and collectors and with a movie this year Hasbro is putting it's money into it big time. As with Marvel...again 3 movies and a fairly strong collector following. Frankly, if this wasn't the 25th Anniversary for 3.75" GIJOE, we probably wouldn't be getting anything this year at all. We are very lucky to be even getting this much product. Initially this line was conceived to only be the 2 boxed sets - one for GIJOE and one for COBRA, the initial retail reactions were so strong that an additional 15 single carded figures were added. Right now the GIJOE team is not working with the huge budget the other lines have, so some sacrifices and cost cutting measures have to be taken. Some are perfectly fine (ala Cobra Commander, Cobra Officer) and for the others so far they are fine. Many of the upcoming figures will feature all new parts...the team is doing the best they can with what they have to work with.

Realistically, they cannot re-invent 1982-86 even if they would like to. These are different times and GIJOE does not have the sales strength it once did.

All and all...SUPPORT THE LINE!!! That is the only way you'll get more new figures and new sculpts. Hasbro already has contingency plans in place for more product should the line do well, and more sales = more money that Hasbro will spend on the line.

unfortunately, your rationale and Hasbro's equally logical and rational practice of reusing parts that match does not matter to many members here who are guided simply by their emotions, which not only leads to irrational overreactions but even more ridiculous defenses to attempt to pass off their positions as thought out instead of emotional nonsense.

feeling disrespected by Hasbro because parts are reused or believeing a fictional toy character is deserving of the respect of an all new figure mold are nothing more than emotional rants, so trying to counter that with thought out reason is futile. even children don't see the problems that so-called adults make up simply to whine and cry about toys.

unfortunately, your rationale and Hasbro's equally logical and rational practice of reusing parts that match does not matter to many members here who are guided simply by their emotions, which not only leads to irrational overreactions but even more ridiculous defenses to attempt to pass off their positions as thought out instead of emotional nonsense.

feeling disrespected by Hasbro because parts are reused or believeing a fictional toy character is deserving of the respect of an all new figure mold are nothing more than emotional rants, so trying to counter that with thought out reason is futile. even children don't see the problems that so-called adults make up simply to whine and cry about toys.

When all is said and done these are still good figures. These are much better than the stuff weve had in the past...including alot of the old school figures. Still my heart just wants the designers of the new stuff to take a step back and say hey could I make this better with what parts I have or do I need a new mold? I think if they did that they would see that some pieces fit better than others. They could also take a nod and look at what some of these customizers do. Imitation is sa form of flattery. That being said I will be 1st in line to order from the new 25th anniversary line.

Yep, I am also getting these. I would rather have 25 good figures than a lot of the other stuff I have seen. I agree with GeneralZod, these overall are better than pretty much anything habsbro has done in the past, with the exception of possibly a few of the old figures. I also agree that if they used all original parts it would make the figures even better, but I don't think it is realistic to expect that.

Anyway, I am also glad that everyone likes the 4 new ones they released as well, even if they were v2's. It kind of makes sense as those were the most popular version 2's out there of any joe I think.

If someone could pm me the pictures I would appreciate it, as I am curious to see what they look like. Thanks

Yep, I am also getting these. I would rather have 25 good figures than a lot of the other stuff I have seen. I agree with GeneralZod, these overall are better than pretty much anything habsbro has done in the past, with the exception of possibly a few of the old figures. I also agree that if they used all original parts it would make the figures even better, but I don't think it is realistic to expect that.

but how much better could, say, Flint look with a pair of legs that are identical to Duke's except are a different sculpt and are only differenitiated by color. if they look the same, there is no need to waste money on sculpting new legs for Flint when those resources can be used to sculpt a pair of legs for a different character that requires the legs that do look different to look like that character.

When I look at that beautifully sculpted and painted hooded Cobra Commander, and his TURNED waist, it makes me laugh remembering a month ago when so many people were complaining about the CC mold's lack of a waist joint.

Seriously, I am in love with this line. To me GI Joe had some of the most interesting designed villains of any fiction. I'm glad to see them in their original form, with the power of new toy technology. To hell with O-rings. Yep! I said it.

geeze... already missed em if someone would send me some joe love i would much appreciate it. Yeah and um this post isn't only a pic request...

GLOVES !!! yay!! there probably went my biggest complaint, just need to see the pics myself now.