Master Collector has pics of New 25th Ann. Figures

ARBCO

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope my Mastercollector newsletter will get here this week.

Will V.H. rename Flint, "Fluke"? lol

@loll@ That's perfect!

Yes, the pictures are in the new Lee's, I saw them myself (though I didn't purchase the mag, so no I don't have it to scan in or anything. A buddy of mine owns a comic shop and he had the mag, but it was reserved for someone else...he did let me leaf through it though).

Yes, Flint is a Duke repaint with a new head. But he has his trusty shotgun doublestraps attached to a very nicely designed double belt and Duke's bandolier is not present. His boots are painted just like the classic version, and he's a got a very nice looking new head. I think the fact that Duke was repainted as Flint is pretty negligable. It looks like Flint's wearing a black dress shirt underneath two shotgun straps just like it should look, not that big a deal to me. If you had told me that Flint would use mostly Duke parts in a different paint application, I would have been against it...Flint's one of my favorite characters. But, honestly...it works fine (in my opinion). In fact, I think it would have been kind of silly for Hasbro to retool another figure that is essentially in the same uniform, considering they have now reworked this gear like straps/webs, etc... to be removable.

Snake Eyes is the same base figure as the version in the 5-Pack, but his straps are gone and he has the familiar cross-chest bandolier which looks really nice. He's got a new visored head and is in a pretty cool black/gray paint scheme. Also looks to come with the same Timber that the Valor Vs. Venom Wave 7 version did (same weapons as v.1 in the 5-pack, too).

COBRA Officer looks great. Almost looks like a slightly darker blue. His helmet has the Officer crest and he's got some GREAT new webgear that looks fantastic. Silver logo on the chest, almost a gray face mask, black boots and what look to be black gloves. Same base figure as the Trooper, but enough new trimming to look like a new fig.

COBRA Commander is absolutely fantastic. Same body as the Battle Helmet (which originally I thought came across a bit too cartoony) but here it looks very, VERY nice. Deep, dark blue with gold paint apps, almost exactly like the original Hooded CC from back in the day. The new hooded head sculpt is gorgeous. Very dramatic, menacing eyes...it looks really, really great.

Storm Shadow is something I didn't anticipate looking very good, trying to reuse the first tooling for the '88 version. It came across a lot better than I thought it might. He's got a new head sculpt with the wrap-around hood, a removable rope around his chest, and the same gear the 5-Pack version comes with. He's got his trusty white and gray camouflage paint apps as well. Quite surprised and pleased by how he came out.

On the surface, it sounds bad. Lots of reused tooling, a few duplicate characters. But there is so much newly sculpted great looking gear on top of these figures (every one of them has cool new straps/webgear, etc... except COBRA Commander, who honestly doesn't need it) that you don't really notice the same figure is underneath, at least not to me.

I think a lot of people will be pleasently surprised when these pics surface (which should be quite soon, I'd assume).

Justin

Skarapz -

When you say "As for the pics...Wait for them"

Does that mean you've seen them? I'm trying to get confirmation that at least one other person other than the topic starter can attest to these pics existing. No offense to the starter...But it is a strange internet.

Hey no i didnt see the pics, just saying be patient everyone :-) #US1#

there are a crapload of new people, welcome all of you to the jungle.

As for the pics, wait for them ;-)

Hey man,

Any new finds in ENC?

I would like pics too from anyone.

Nope not really ENC is dead lol, anyways are u from ENC bro @firedevil@

Thanks for the descriptions Gen. Hawk. That will hold me over until the pics are available. From the sounds of it, I might be most excited by the new SS.....which it seems would make me the one and only.

Thanks for the info Justin, I cannot wait for the newsletter to be posted. Then again, from what I am reading they do not show a pic of Flint (yet). I might just have to stop by my comic shop to see Flint in the Lee magazine.

there are a crapload of new people, welcome all of you to the jungle.

As for the pics, wait for them ;-)

Hey man,

Any new finds in ENC?

I would like pics too from anyone.

Nope not really ENC is dead lol, anyways are u from ENC bro @firedevil@

Yeah man, we met at TRU and I think Target the last time.

I've caught up on Joe stuff right now but am hunting DCSH.

I will admit it does bother me that Flint does not have his own body. The arms should not have long sleves, the legs are different enough imo, especially the boots which are oe reason I really loved Flint when I was a kid, his cool nam style boots. Lastly if he does not have shotgun shells on his chest I will be VERY pissed as v1 Flint is my second fav figure of all time.

Draven

I knew this news would get to ya B! I have to admit that as excited as I was for this line, a lot of that excitement is gone now. I'll still wait until I see them to make any final decisions though.

Yeah its getting to me. I still am excited though. I am not sure how I will like SE v2......I am pissed he is not his own sculpt, same with SS v2 actually. Ugh! Anyway I may try and get a Lee's tomorrow at work since I will be stocking the mags. :)

Draven

I will admit it does bother me that Flint does not have his own body. The arms should not have long sleves, the legs are different enough imo, especially the boots which are oe reason I really loved Flint when I was a kid, his cool nam style boots. Lastly if he does not have shotgun shells on his chest I will be VERY pissed as v1 Flint is my second fav figure of all time.

Draven

I knew this news would get to ya B! I have to admit that as excited as I was for this line, a lot of that excitement is gone now. I'll still wait until I see them to make any final decisions though.

Yeah its getting to me. I still am excited though. I am not sure how I will like SE v2......I am pissed he is not his own sculpt, same with SS v2 actually. Ugh! Anyway I may try and get a Lee's tomorrow at work since I will be stocking the mags. :)

Draven

Can you call the Hastings here and tell them to stock some new comics? :D I'm anxious to see the pics....although I remain a little uneasy about the reuse already.

As far as the Flint/Duke issue, I have not seen the picture so it's not right for me to judge but this is the company that once thought Flint's 1994 sculpt was perfect for Rock N Roll.

The Hooded Cobra Commander/Cobra Commander repaint makes sense since the original figures were that way. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow's repaints just sound sad. Trying to redo Storm Shadow's 1988 design by repainting the 1984 attempt? Snake Eyes's 1982 attempt should be perfect for doing the other original characters, not for the 1985 version.

I should learn to temper my excitement. I get excited by what Hasbro's doing and then they always frustrate me in the end.

Thanks Justin for filling us in. Nice to see someone passing judgment on the figures that has ACTUALLY SEEN THE PICS. Radical concept for the internet toy community.

I do have one question/comment, though. Are the forearms of Flint the same as Duke. In other words, he doesn't have gloves? Seems to me they could have make new forearms and given him his signature gloves. Not a dealbreaker, though.

I think Flint's gonna be more than fine.

The only case where I see possible "substantial" differences between the new figure and its vintage counterpart would be SE V2... more precisely his legs. SE V2 certainly didn't have pants and boots like SE V1 upgrade seems to have. BUT THEN!, the vintage "commando" SE V1 didn't either. He had those stupid sci-fi-esque pants with boots/shoes underneath. Nobody seems to be complaining about Hasbro changing that. I certainly ain't complaining. It looks much better this way (with realistic pants and boots). Hasbro seems to be making these upgrades a lot more "realistic" than their vinty counterparts (as much as they can).

And... tell ya what? I'm betting SE V2 will also look better with the pants and boots they gave to their SE V1.

BTW - How long till they repaint the Cobra Officer into a Stinger Driver? :D

Guest McBragg

I just got the latest issue of Action Toys and Pimpin' Monthly

San Diego Comic Con Pimp Daddy Destro!

You heard it here first!

@hmmm@

I had heard some rumors about a Serpentor figure in this 25th line, anyone have confirmation on that?