Master Collector has pics of New 25th Ann. Figures

ARBCO

yeah, cause you know.. that's exactly what it's gonna look like :rolleyes:

Well HELL....if we're going with "exacts", you're probably right, it won't look EXACTLY like that, but golly gee Wally, ya just pooped on my humor over it. :rolleyes:

It's making a POINT, exact or not, the issue sucks and I just don't agree with it, not being a big deal. It is to me.

You're fine with it, good for you! I'm not....good for me! ;)

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry vh i think your pic helped disprove your point this time. Aside from the gear (which is removable) the eagle, and the sleeve difference they are insanely close. I would have prefered new lower arms with gloves too but this is one i saw coming as long as he has the shot gun shells i'll be happy.

Question is the beret removable?

One minute, we're all in awe of how Hasbro is paying such GREAT tribute to the original molds of these characters, down to the minor details and color schemes of them (CC's gun attachment on his back) and NOW it's as though those minor details don't matter, as long as they slap the name Flint on the box, and he's appearance is CLOSE enough, even though he's trottin' around in Dukes getup?

:rolleyes:

I don't think expecting Flint to have his OWN body parts, replicated to the finer details, like what the others have had done for them, is too much to expect.

dukeflintmg9.png

HEY..it's FLINT!

I can tell by his head!

@loll@

if your going to play the photoshop game then recolor the shirt and pants and switch the web gear and then we shall see whose laughing.

if your going to play the photoshop game then recolor the shirt and pants and switch the web gear and then we shall see whose laughing.

It will STILL be me, because I truly think this concept sucks.

a COMPLETE re-use of the Duke body for FLINT? That's blasphemy!

I like Flint, I want him to have his OWN body, like he did BEFORE.

I want him to resemble his old figure, as well as they made Dukes resemble his..

DukeLarge.jpg2duke.jpg

It's not personal guys...it's my opinion. I'm not RIGHT and anybody else is WRONG. It's my opinion.

Hey VH, you're still upset about the missing O-ring?

Why? :huh:

I'd like to see you defend it. . .apart from a customizers' POV, that is.

Same poseability and no rubber-rot. What's not to like?

-PJ

I'm not so sure (yet) that it IS "same poseability" though.

Rubber rot was definitely an issue with them, but what will become of the new style articulation? Will that plastic on plastic eventually wear and loosen up and not hold a pose after so long? Like the loose arm joints on an ARAH figure, you know, where the plastic has loosened around the swivel joint, and it flip flops all over the place?

I mean, there was tons of failure issues with these toys, always has been and always will be, but I like the looks of the figures BETTER, with the O-ring, and I still think the poseability factor is better, than the Marvel legends version of it.

I think the torso articulated at the titty line looks funky compared to the waist movement, dare I say more "natural" without somebody arguing the point that they're not REAL! @lol@

I only collect G.I.Joe, so I'll have to give these new fangled versions a test drive, and get back with ya on my final verdict.

Rubber rot was definitely an issue with them, but what will become of the new style articulation? Will that plastic on plastic eventually wear and loosen up and not hold a pose after so long?

My 70 clones said, "Nah, don't sweat it." :)

Like the loose arm joints on an ARAH figure, you know, where the plastic has loosened around the swivel joint, and it flip flops all over the place?
It'll most likely be a ball & socket, rather than a swivel. At least with most of them I hope.

I mean, there was tons of failure issues with these toys, always has been and always will be, but I like the looks of the figures BETTER, with the O-ring, and I still think the poseability factor is better, than the Marvel legends version of it.

I agree. The Superhero Showdown figs have more limited poseability at the waist than the SW Saga figs; my Captain America keeps falling apart.

I only collect G.I.Joe, so I'll have to give these new fangled versions a test drive, and get back with ya on my final verdict.

Cool. No prob.

-PJ

The interesting thing to me is that they probably could've gotten more mileage from newly sculpted shorter sleeved arms for the Flint figure. Those arms could be reused for Spirit, Breaker, Rock n' Roll, Footloose, Clutch, Mutt, Recondo, Cutter, and Mainframe. Even more if you want to extend the list to include the '87 figures...

I will admit it does bother me that Flint does not have his own body. The arms should not have long sleves, the legs are different enough imo, especially the boots which are oe reason I really loved Flint when I was a kid, his cool nam style boots. Lastly if he does not have shotgun shells on his chest I will be VERY pissed as v1 Flint is my second fav figure of all time.

Draven

I heard that the pics are in the new Lee's as well. I should go through and clean up this thread. There are probably 2 pages of pic requests!

Easy there Maverick! <_<

I don't think eager fans and MEMBERS (some NEW members) having their posts deleted by you (for what?) is in your job description.

They're not bothering anything are they?

Back off VH. Nobody wants to scroll through countless pic request posts. Besides, we did back when the first set of pics were out as well. I wish you'd worry more about your own behavior than what is in the Mods job description. Give it a rest already.

I will admit it does bother me that Flint does not have his own body. The arms should not have long sleves, the legs are different enough imo, especially the boots which are oe reason I really loved Flint when I was a kid, his cool nam style boots. Lastly if he does not have shotgun shells on his chest I will be VERY pissed as v1 Flint is my second fav figure of all time.

Draven

I knew this news would get to ya B! I have to admit that as excited as I was for this line, a lot of that excitement is gone now. I'll still wait until I see them to make any final decisions though.

I heard that the pics are in the new Lee's as well. I should go through and clean up this thread. There are probably 2 pages of pic requests!

Easy there Maverick! <_<

I don't think eager fans and MEMBERS (some NEW members) having their posts deleted by you (for what?) is in your job description.

Back off VH. Nobody wants to scroll through countless pic request posts.

I'll just speak for myself...

it DOESN'T bother me. I'd only assume it doesn't bother EVERYBODY either.

I wish you'd worry more about your own behavior than what is in the Mods job description. Give it a rest already.

My "behavior"?? @hmmm@

I'm discussing G.I.Joes, and having debate about what's good and bad about'em. You want to make an issue out of that, it sounds more like a "behavorial" problem of your own. Deleting posts YOU deem unworthy, isn't a very forum friendly behavior...imo.

The guys just want to make sure their desire to see some pics ASAP, is shared, so that another member can maybe PM them to them. Isn't such a crisis is it, as to go in deleting all of them. That's rude.

Easy there Maverick! <_<

Back off VH. Nobody wants to scroll through countless pic request posts.

I'll just speak for myself...

it DOESN'T bother me. I'd only assume it doesn't bother EVERYBODY either.

I wish you'd worry more about your own behavior than what is in the Mods job description. Give it a rest already.
My "behavior"?? @hmmm@

I'm discussing G.I.Joes, and having debate about what's good and bad about'em. You want to make an issue out of that, it sounds more like a "behavorial" problem of your own. Deleting posts YOU deem unworthy, isn't a very forum friendly behavior...imo.

The guys just want to make sure their desire to see some pics ASAP, by another member maybe PM'ing them to them, isn't such a crisis as to go in deleting all of them. That's rude.

Suffice it to say that there were complaints last time and once the pics were posted we cleaned up all the pic request posts to make the thread flow easier. The same thing will be done this time. The only posts that get deleted are ones that request the pics only and don't have any other content. My original wording should've been more clear that it would be done AFTER the pics are posted. Sorry for that confusion. As far as your other comments, I'm not even going to comment here.

Easy there Maverick! <_<

Back off VH. Nobody wants to scroll through countless pic request posts. Besides, we did back when the first set of pics were out as well. I wish you'd worry more about your own behavior than what is in the Mods job description. Give it a rest already.

back in the day when i was a mod i deleted for offensive content how is a pic request offensive? You both seem to take these replies a little too seriously but i agree what the heck did vh do but have a different opinion? JASE CHILL A BIT PLEASE.

anyways... to clarify my position, it doesn't bother me on flint but it probably would bother me on others. The inclusion of ss v 2 bothers me, even if it was all new, just too early for him. This wave IS DISAPOINTING. way too many reuses to quick. This is how many i expected in the remaining 15 and this is only the first 5.

Easy there Maverick! <_<

back in the day when i was a mod i deleted for offensive content how is a pic request offensive? You both seem to take these replies a little too seriously but i agree what the heck did vh do but have a different opinion?

Read my last post - I explained it in better detail. Now...how about those new Joes? ;)

The guys just want to make sure their desire to see some pics ASAP, by another member maybe PM'ing them to them, isn't such a crisis as to go in deleting all of them. That's rude.

Suffice it to say that there were complaints last time and once the pics were posted we cleaned up all the pic request posts to make the thread flow easier. The same thing will be done this time. The only posts that get deleted are ones that request the pics only and don't have any other content. My original wording should've been more clear that it would be done AFTER the pics are posted.

That's an awfully BIG difference. Deleting them only AFTER desired pics are posted here for all to see, and what seemed to be a deletion of them NOW.

Much different, and I apologize for challenging your au-thor-i-ty! hug.gif

I dont know bout all that, but I sure don't want no mashed potatoes

How about a Barnes and Noble bookstore? They carry it?

I'll have to hit one up tomorrow.

Has anybody confirmed that the pics are in the new Lee's as well? I don't have a comic shop in town so I don't have access to the latest issue.

Can't be sure. I will check

I dont know bout all that, but I sure don't want no mashed potatoes

Mashed potatoes and gravy! :) mmmmmm!

Has anybody confirmed that the pics are in the new Lee's as well? I don't have a comic shop in town so I don't have access to the latest issue.

Thanks! The reason why I ask is because I've only heard it from one person that Lee's has the new pics.

Thanks! The reason why I ask is because I've only heard it from one person that Lee's has the new pics.

they got nothing yet