Master Collector has pics of New 25th Ann. Figures

ARBCO

Hey ARBCO....welcome to the ACTIVE participation world of ADC/TNI! ;)

I guess with news like what you posted, we've forgotten to give the obligatory welcome to you, and we just dived right in, to dissecting the info itself...not dissecting YOU (of course) but our thoughts on the info.

You seem to be taking it all in stride, so it sounds like your lurking days, has prepared you well. ^_^

From what I understand the figures will range in height...Destro and Roadblock may be a bit more than 4" while Scarlett may be a bit shorter than the rest. From everything I have heard, though, Hasbro is absolutely scaling this line to be in tune with what has come before, and that yes, some pre-prod pieces were "over"sized, but production pieces SHOULD be "normal" sized.

I like the idea of scaling up some of the characters that are SUPPOSE to be of larger stature (like Destro & RB etc..) so that would suit me just fine.

That was something I brought up to the Hasbro rep at Toy Fair, and he assured me these were designed as 3 3/4" figures, and should stick to that scale, but that there would be variations in height for characters who were supposed to be larger.

Cool!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's not too much trouble, I would like to request a pic or two of your proto. I don't doubt that you own one, but I am curious to see an unpainted sculpt since all the ones we've seen so far (Toy Fair pics, catalog pics) are not anywhere near production. There are some technical issues I'd liek to see how they solved.

Thanks and welcome to the boards! Alyosha

ARBCO-I would also like to see pics of this proto! where you got it would be of interest to all of us i would think.

im guessing no digital camera though! ;)

TM

Thanks for the additional info Justin. I certainly hope that is true. I have absolutely no problem with certain figures being taller than others and establishing some sort of scale in the line where certain figures (i.e. Destro, Roadblock) are larger, then there are medium sized (average) figures and then others are a smaller scale (i.e. Scarlett, Tunnel Rat..etc.), as long as they are based on a 3.75" scale. That way the average figure is 3.75" and then it can go up or down from there.

I have what should be considered one of the "average" sized figures and he is measuring at 4.25", hopefully he will shrink 1/2" in production and bring him (and the others) in proper scale. If they don't shrink (and are not 3.75") that would be my only complaint as I planned on using a lot of my vintage vehicles with these figures.

I am not trying to cause controversy with this info but it was something I noticed and thought I would share. I think the figures are outstanding, and figure choices (other than SS v2) are fine. Hasbro has long term plans for the line qnd if you don't get your favorite character on the first pass, more than likely he will make an appearance in '08. The line is beginning with 25+ figures, that is not the limit.

Hasbro has long term plans for the line qnd if you don't get your favorite character on the first pass, more than likely he will make an appearance in '08. The line is beginning with 25+ figures, that is not the limit.

Now on THAT bit of info, I'd have to ask WHERE or by WHO, have you received such confirmation? I've only heard the typical "maybe's and If's" but nothing confirmed by Hasbro themselves, as far as these going beyond the 25.

Hasbro has long term plans for the line qnd if you don't get your favorite character on the first pass, more than likely he will make an appearance in '08. The line is beginning with 25+ figures, that is not the limit.

Now on THAT bit of info, I'd have to ask WHERE or by WHO, have you received such confirmation? I've only heard the typical "maybe's and If's" but nothing confirmed by Hasbro themselves, as far as these going beyond the 25.

I can't speak for ARBCO, but I can tell you by speaking with the Hasbro rep at Toy Fair (who incidently was the brand manager on the G.I. Joe brand) he said they are conceiving of the Anniversary line as what would hopefully be a launching point for a resurgance of retailer interest to the 3 3/4" scale in general, not as a "limited edition" line. Of course he couldn't confirm there would indeed be an ongoing series, but they pretty much chose the "25" number as a tribute, not as a limit.

Justin

I can't speak for ARBCO, but I can tell you by speaking with the Hasbro rep at Toy Fair (who incidently was the brand manager on the G.I. Joe brand) he said they are conceiving of the Anniversary line as what would hopefully be a launching point for a resurgance of retailer interest to the 3 3/4" scale in general, not as a "limited edition" line. Of course he couldn't confirm there would indeed be an ongoing series, but they pretty much chose the "25" number as a tribute, not as a limit.

Justin

Here's hopin'! ^_^

If sales justify their continuance, I'd like to see some secondary characters finally get a much deserved tribute paid to them, dead or ALIVE (ie Doc, Quick Kick, Heavy Metal, Thunder etc..)

Looks like the new GI Joe line has seduced many lurkers, myself included, into actually joining and posting. I feel like I already know many of you through reading your posts over the years, so it's good to be here officially.

As for the new Joes, I am literally dreaming about these guys at night and I absolutely LOVE what Hasbro has done with the line.

For the love of all things holy, could someone please pm me the new pics? Snake Eyes Version 2, Storm Shadow Version 2, and Hooded Cobra Commander are possibly my favorite Joes of all time! Bring on a Zartan who turns blue in the sunlight!!! Please please please pm me the pics. I would be eternally thankful.

Thanks in advance,

postpicssh5.gif

@haha@

We're an eager bunch, but that's a good thing!

i have"lurked"here for a long time before joining.it's a great board with awsome forums.i can honestly say i am very proud to be a member.now with that being said someone send me those dang pics.

god bless you all,

preacher #US1#

mmmmmmm lurking

Me and Viper lurk alot.... ;-)

ok for one i would like to see the pics if anyone can pm me that would be awesome. two, this is rediculous. i know it's the 25th anneversary line and what not but common, make only one of the character, dont waste spots up with a character already made, this gets me annoyed.