Master Collector has pics of New 25th Ann. Figures

ARBCO

Just got the new Master Collector in the mail today. Inside are pics of more 25th Anniversary (single pack) figures. They show Cobra Commander (V2) Hooded, Snake Eyes (V2) with Timber, Storm Shadow (V2) 1988 version and Cobra Officer.

The pics are Black & White, which not to get off topic but if Transformers can have a Full Color Collectors Club insert so should GIJOE, but I can tell the following:

Cobra Commander (V2) Hooded, which is the best of the bunch IMO, matches the original vintage color scheme of the dark blue uniform with gold trim, there is gold trim on the gloves as well. The head (hood) is very well sculpted and looks fantastic and as expected is on the 5 Pack CC body.

Snake Eyes (V2) with Timber is a bit of a let down and IMO is not as well done as the V1 figure and his head looks a little thin. He includes his sword, uzi and the bandolier is a seperate attachment and not sculpted. The Timber is nice and may be the same as the Wave 7 VvsV figure.

Storm Shadow (V2 - 1988 version) appears to be the worst of the bunch and it is a disappointment that they would him at this point of the line when there are earlier ('82-86) figures that need to be done. He comes with the standard equipment he originally came with but I don't think the sculpting on the head is great...though clearer and color pictures may change my opinion.

Cobra Officer: looks great, has the separate belts/webbing like the soldier. Knee pads appear to be painted grey and his face mask appears to be either red or grey...again since the pic is B/W I can't tell but it is lighter (not black)...all and all very nice.

No other info about other figures was given in the article but I would expect large full color pics up on the MC site fairly soon...

Sorry I can't post pics as I don't want trouble from Master Collector/GIJOE CC...

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info, they had said that they were going to be putting some more figures in the next newsletter. As for the comment about the color insert, GIJCC did a survey at the convention a few years ago and the result were that members were were happy with the black and white to save on money rather than pay more like the transformers club for the color insert and comic too. I cannot wait until they post the newsletter for March, thanks again for the the FYI. They also said that they were going to show the MOTH IV set too, did they?

Guest McBragg

Shouldn't the hooded CC be in the 5 pack and the helmet one single carded...I suppose they will both be as common.

Storm Shadow V2...milking that ninja dry pretty fast!

I mean, where is Boba Fe...er...Firefly?

Can Tiger Force Duke be far behind? And Tiger Force Roadblock?

Are the SE and SS completely new sculpts, or are there reused parts from figures we've already seen?

Interesting, though a shame we're going to get multiples of the same characters.

I'm excited to see the pics. I have no problem with getting multiples of these characters if it increases interest in casual collectors who will only pick up the more visible characters, leading to increased sales, which hopefully leads to a full-blown new line where we then get more obscure characters that appeal to us hardcore fans.

ss v2 is a disapointing suprise, my least favorite ss but i still may pick it up, we will have to see. can't wait to see pics, even if they are black and white. since those were only for, here is hoping the last one is either Flint, Lady Jaye, or Major Bludd.

ss v2 is a disapointing suprise, my least favorite ss but i still may pick it up, we will have to see. can't wait to see pics, even if they are black and white. since those were only for, here is hoping the last one is either Flint, Lady Jaye, or Major Bludd.

I was thinking the same, re: Major Bludd but we got one in DTC. I know that we also got Flint and Lady Jaye, but they were in comic pack. I am wondering if they will release these figures in new scuplt, they should since they are iconic characters but I guess time will tell. What I am wondering is do you think that they are going to but out a new Airborne since they were going to put him out in DTC but they canceled the line.

The Storm Shadow figure looks as though he MIGHT have the same legs as the V1, I can't tell on the Snake Eyes. Obviously the Cobra Commander uses the same body with just a new head. The Cobra Officer has a new helmet with the insignia, but probably uses some of the same body parts. One thing I noticed is that they gave the Cobra Officer knee pads (the vintage one didn't have them) so they are using the Soldiers legs.

The only thing of interest in the interview with Hasbro was that while the 25th Anniversary set is planned with 25 figures, there "may be a few extra for good luck"... From what I know, there is an additional 5 or so that will be squeezed in for the 4th quarter holiday season. Hasbro IS preparing to take this line into 2008 and beyond depending on sales, so while there may only be 25-30 this year, there is always next year.

Lastly, they did show a picture of the packaging art for the Operation Flaming M.O.T.H. Set #4 which includes an Ice-Viper and Snow Serpents Commander.

On a side note, I truly cannot wait for these figures to be released as they are incredible and well made. My ONLY complaint is that they are not 3.75" but 4" in height (and are taller than the JvsC, ST and VvsV figures which I thought were too tall. There are not many vintage vehicles that they will fit into, which is a bit of a disappointment to me...hope they get shrunk a bit by the time they are released.

av-3139.jpghahapq9.jpg

@lol@

T-RAT!! Change that avatar already!!

It's so disturbing, I can't linger long enough around your posts to bother reading it!

;)

I think I'm just gonna buy everything I see in the stores and sell them on ebay(for cost) for international joe collectors.. yeah, it probably wont help, but at least I'll feel I'm doing my part in keeping the line going... I'll make the auction international only, lol