AoA Colossus

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

base-xmc colossus

sheet styrene was used for the tabs on the boots and gauntlets

everything else was sculpted in apoxie sculpt

thanks for looking :)

thanks guys!

ya know...there has been something bugging me about this one though. i cant quite put my finger on it. i put a lot of work into him and i'm pretty satisfied with all the sculpting but i think its the paints that bugging me. i think i made him a little TOO clean....but i'm still not sure if thats whats really bugging me. anyone wanna offer there opinion? good, bad, what ever is cool. if i get something that i feel i can use than i might go back and adjust the paints. thanks again :)

When the AoA Sabretooth and Wolvie were released, I was hoping to get more AoA figures...particularly Colossus. This is EXACTLY the way I was hoping he'd look too.

This is just WAY too cool. I'm glad someone finally made his so I can see it. :D

thanks guys!

ya know...there has been something bugging me about this one though. i cant quite put my finger on it. i put a lot of work into him and i'm pretty satisfied with all the sculpting but i think its the paints that bugging me. i think i made him a little TOO clean....but i'm still not sure if thats whats really bugging me. anyone wanna offer there opinion? good, bad, what ever is cool. if i get something that i feel i can use than i might go back and adjust the paints. thanks again :)

The head might be a bit too big. If I remember correctly, in the AoA comics, Colossus always had a very hulking body, which made his head look quite a bit smaller than the rest of him.

Maybe try finding a smaller head...?

I think the paint is a little to bright for an AoA fig.... I'd say something a little dirtier would look cool. Maybe a gun metal drybrush? Other than that It looks great. Hell, better than great. Your stuff just gets better and better!

that is cool, but the hell would he need the mask?

AoA Colossus wears a mask because his face has been severely damaged during years of battle with the force's of Apocalypse. Parts of his "armor" are there to replace joints and other parts of him that have been severely damaged.

Nice, you did great work on this one. !!