Legendary Comicbook Heroes

RobertDeNitro

What do you think of the new Marvel Toy series?

It's weird to see so many Image heroes in the hands of Marvel. But the figures look really cool. I like them all. I like them much better than the new Hasbro legends line.

I want Savage Dragon for sure. - Though I'd be more happy if he'd have his cop uniform on. This bare chested version is a bit weird... The hair doesn't look too good on him. Have to customize it.

I'm really happy for Judge Dredd! Finally a decent Judge Dredd figure. I'm gonna buy it for sure. I'm just a bit afraid of the shoulder articulation. It seems he can't lift his arms all the way up because of his shoulder pads...

Pitt is AWESOME! But for me, being an overseas toy fan, the possibility to collect all figures to build Pitt is very low :(

I really like Darkness too. Worth to buy, I think.

Super Patriot and Marv are also on my "to buy" list..

I'm hesitating on Conan. I wish I'd have a good Conan figure, but somehow I don't like this one...

I'm really liking these figures and will pick these up. They all look great! I will spend the money that would have went to ML on these. As I will only be buying a few ML's now. Quicksilver, Yellow Jacket and Shehulk from Wv 2 and Hydra Soldier (at least 2 of these) and probably Black Knight (I would have preferred the more classic version) from Wv 3.

I really dig the Conan figure and will probably put it with my Marvel figures. Actually the more I think about it I am pretty jazzed about doing that! It will be great to have a Conan for the ML's.

I'm really liking these figures and will pick these up. They all look great! I will spend the money that would have went to ML on these. As I will only be buying a few ML's now. Quicksilver, Yellow Jacket and Shehulk from Wv 2 and Hydra Soldier (at least 2 of these) and probably Black Knight (I would have preferred the more classic version) from Wv 3.

I really dig the Conan figure and will probably put it with my Marvel figures. Actually the more I think about it I am pretty jazzed about doing that! It will be great to have a Conan for the ML's.

Funny thing about it...only a few of the characters have no ties to Marvel at all prior to this landmark deal!

I'm really liking these. Savage Dragon, Madman, Judge Death, and Witchblade are no brainers. I think I'll buy most others too.

My random thoughs about the line:

I really hope these come with comic books like Marvel Legends did under Toybiz, because these are characters I know very little about, the only problem their is that they may not have the access to printing indy comics.

Invincible is on the approved copyright list right? I was surprised not to see him shown, I would pick him up in a heartbeat.

I was also wondering about Fathom characters, I would kill for an Aspen figure, because they used to be under Topcow with Witchblade, does that mean Marvel Toys has the rights to them?

I find it very ironic that Kabuki is one of the characters that Shocker Toys has and not Marvel Toys, considering Marvel publishes Kabuki.

I don't know any of the characters well, but Ive seen some before. Judge Dredd, J.Death and Madman look to be my faves.

Pitt looks great too but I dont know/like the other characters enough to get all the parts for him.

I'll probably pick them all up.... they are amazing!

Much better than the hasbro Marvel figures.

I just hope that the packaging matches the toybiz ML... then I would buy doubles

I'll pick up most if not all of wave 1 & only some of wave two... THese things need comics imo since most of us duno jack about them...

Is invincible really confirmed?... :)

If so where?.. I'll buy any figuer from that comic!

&

Is there a list of other confirmed comic/charecters out there?..

I want to see

Groo

tmnt With some B&W variants :) Or main B&W figures with color variants ;) since it is comic book based...

& some wildcats

& the walking dead figures as well with the same deal as the tmnt stuff :)

• 4 weeks later...

Judge Dread aand Judge Death are must haves for me, as well as Conan and maybe Madman. I dont know the rest of the characters, so I really dont see me buying them.

Who id like to be made are any characters from Wanted, Groo, Miracle Man(yeah that ones a pipe dream I know)any other judges (maybe a judge with a Lawmaster)or anybody from the Alien Legion.

I think that all these figures are awesome, even the ones im not overly familiar with like the bodybag pair. this line has real potential but my bigest concern at this point will be 2 things

1. Price will we be looking at a rise

2. Availablity, cause i live in Austraila these probably wont make retail but i hope that they do.

ive had series 1 on preorder for about 2 weeks now... too bad i have to wait til summer to get them...

yea wheres the best place to order cases of series 1 & the boxed sets?.. serires one I know enough of the charecters to get but series 2 I hardly know anyone so I'lll pass it ...

Oh my yes, anyone word on INVINCIBLE YET?!!??! For real I'd buy any figures from that lineup :) Even the capes stuff :P

I'd allso like to know about groo as well :)

yea wheres the best place to order cases of series 1 & the boxed sets?.. serires one I know enough of the charecters to get but series 2 I hardly know anyone so I'lll pass it ...

Oh my yes, anyone word on INVINCIBLE YET?!!??! For real I'd buy any figures from that lineup :) Even the capes stuff :P

I'm pretty sure that there is a confirmed list of available characters for Marvel Toys in the General Toy Discussion area. And I'm positive that there is one for Shocker Toys.

Wha???

Do you guys have a link? I can't find any of this info.

I must have a Savage Dragon!!!

The LATEST TOY FARE MAGAZINE have the latest pics for these figures... so check out the book. also this site had some DECENT pics but NOT VERY good, that was during the TOY FAIR back in FEBUARY.

The Invincible rights are apparently tied up with the Paramount Movie deal (Like Grendel) & I wouldn't hold my breath for Groo (the line will be focussing on more heroic/ action orientated characters according to Jesse on another website beginning with F. TMNT is also a no go).

• 3 weeks later...
What do you think of the new Marvel Toy series?

It's weird to see so many Image heroes in the hands of Marvel. But the figures look really cool. I like them all. I like them much better than the new Hasbro legends line.

I want Savage Dragon for sure. - Though I'd be more happy if he'd have his cop uniform on. This bare chested version is a bit weird... The hair doesn't look too good on him. Have to customize it.

Yeah, I don't like that weird painted on body hair. I didn't like it on Wolverine's arms, but having it all over the body is even worse IMO. It should have been in the sculpt.

Aside from that, I'm in love with the whole line, and plan to buy two full sets of both groups!

After seeing the second set of ML from Hasbro, I can't imagine why anyone would waste their money on Marvel junk when these will be coming out.

Monkeyman has got to be the coolest ape figure ever made!

PITT is gonna rule my collection!

• 2 weeks later...

Marv is a must for me. I love Sin City and didn't really like the Neca version. I'm so excited. I'm gonna have a bitchin' battle between him and the Punisher. Some characters I don't reconize. But I REALLY like Savage Dragon. I loved him as a kid. He was one of my favorites. Anyone remember the TV show? It was so good.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the variant of savage dragon is in his cop outfit :) THough it will probly just be a beat up version maybe wtih a missing arm...

So whats the word on this lineup?.. Anything new or new pics out yet?.. Whys it taking them so long to get it out?..