The cartoonization of Hasbro ML

CLAM

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These things are not at point-of-sale yet--so the criticisms are just plain unfounded until they are in hand. Even then, telling others that they should dislike something for someone else's reasons is laughable at best. Ultimately, its for each of us to decide for ourselves and "evidence" like this is really just a pointless waste of bandwith.

I don't really think Clam's original post was a "don't buy Hasbro stuff or you are a moron" type post. He (and others) have been accused of being Hasbro-bashers, simply for the sake of bashing, in other threads. It simply looked to me that he wanted to show some evidence to back up his opinion, not to tell people what to llike or dislike.

And for every complaint in this thread, there are certain Hasbro supporters that feel they need to swoop to the rescue of poor Hasbro and refute nearly every single post that has anything negative to say. Is that not also a "waste of bandwidth?" This is what we do around here. People are starting to line up on each side of the fence and the reality is none of us are going to change the other side's opinion reagrdless of how many times we all state our opinions. But that doesn't mean I think the discussions themselves are a waste of time.

These things are not at point-of-sale yet--so the criticisms are just plain unfounded until they are in hand. Even then, telling others that they should dislike something for someone else's reasons is laughable at best. Ultimately, its for each of us to decide for ourselves and "evidence" like this is really just a pointless waste of bandwith.

I don't really think Clam's original post was a "don't buy Hasbro stuff or you are a moron" type post. He (and others) have been accused of being Hasbro-bashers, simply for the sake of bashing, in other threads. It simply looked to me that he wanted to show some evidence to back up his opinion, not to tell people what to llike or dislike.

And for every complaint in this thread, there are certain Hasbro supporters that feel they need to swoop to the rescue of poor Hasbro and refute nearly every single post that has anything negative to say. Is that not also a "waste of bandwidth?" This is what we do around here. People are starting to line up on each side of the fence and the reality is none of us are going to change the other side's opinion reagrdless of how many times we all state our opinions. But that doesn't mean I think the discussions themselves are a waste of time.

#US1#

quoted for truth and excellence

I just think its silly to compare a hand painted test shot to a factory run final product.

Hasbro doesn't read the message boards, if you don't like them making post after post complaining isn't going to do anything. Not buying them will.

But the sad thing is most people who complain buy them anyway because they see them and want to be first to have them anyway ... because the reality is, the people who no longer buy the line because of quality/whatever have moved on. It's the "guy who calls the radio show to tell them he hates them" syndrome.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. I'm sure there are some who hate them and will buy them anyway, but the majority who hate them I think will pass on them. They're still here mainly because this isn't a Marvel Legends only forum, it's for almost all toylines, and in some cases people who dislike these new toys are members of this website (like clam being a moderator) so it's not like he'll just disappear (though I guess he could if he wanted).

In my case, I have almost every marvel legend figure toybiz released. I hardly ever posted in here. Ever since Hasbro mishandeled the line it's been more interesting to come into these forums and post. Before it was like "I wish toybiz would make this figure and this figure and this figure" but now there's more online drama. And I think Hasbro does read message boards, maybe not this one imparticular, but I know for a fact they have read message boards in the past. Will complaining get them to change stuff? Not very likely, though possible. I agree that not buying the figures will send a message, it's not like a toy line goes from being the #1 collectors line to peg warming for no reason.

You're just generalizing here. The reason some ppl are pissed by Clam's comments is that he said that if you like the Hasbro stuff, you must be brain-washed. I know some ppl who got angry at that comment.

In other words, Clam is telling ppl who like Hasbro's marvel legends that they must be brain washed by them since no one in their right minds should like Hasbro's stuff.

For me, it isn't about his comment, but the constant "The new figures are bad. All the old figures are good and better" type of #$@# I read in regards to these figures, the waves before, and the 25th anniversary Gi toys. As a result, I am just playing devil's avocate.

I just think its silly to compare a hand painted test shot to a factory run final product.

Hasbro doesn't read the message boards, if you don't like them making post after post complaining isn't going to do anything. Not buying them will.

But the sad thing is most people who complain buy them anyway because they see them and want to be first to have them anyway ... because the reality is, the people who no longer buy the line because of quality/whatever have moved on. It's the "guy who calls the radio show to tell them he hates them" syndrome.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. I'm sure there are some who hate them and will buy them anyway, but the majority who hate them I think will pass on them. They're still here mainly because this isn't a Marvel Legends only forum, it's for almost all toylines, and in some cases people who dislike these new toys are members of this website (like clam being a moderator) so it's not like he'll just disappear (though I guess he could if he wanted).

In my case, I have almost every marvel legend figure toybiz released. I hardly ever posted in here. Ever since Hasbro mishandeled the line it's been more interesting to come into these forums and post. Before it was like "I wish toybiz would make this figure and this figure and this figure" but now there's more online drama. And I think Hasbro does read message boards, maybe not this one imparticular, but I know for a fact they have read message boards in the past. Will complaining get them to change stuff? Not very likely, though possible. I agree that not buying the figures will send a message, it's not like a toy line goes from being the #1 collectors line to peg warming for no reason.

True

There is another forum I go to that made an adventure game about a dog and a rabbit and I read about constant complaints how this game isn't like the old lucasart title. They complain about it being 3d, the voices, and the easiness of the game. Since it is an official site where the guys who design the software lurks at, they know the problem, but it isn't really that easy to do. For it being 3d, it is easier for them to add more things in a short amount of time since the games is made is a tv like fashion where one chapter is released every month. As for the voices, they can't get the old ones since they are known voice actors. I don't think the new and small software delevopers can hire the voice of Goofy to do the voice of another character he did 14 years ago. Too expensive. Lastly, they are trying to get new ppl play adventure games since one of the :( about adventure games is that ppl quit when they get stuck.

Sorry to digress, but MArvel legends cannot be fixed in a month after ppl complainin about it constantly. they are AWARE of the problems and I know they will eventually fix it

Well Clam I don't disagree the proto's at SDCC were a bit nicer looking then the ones here, but I don't think they look so bad. Im confused though cause the way you make this post is like this is something new starting with Hasbro taking over the line, the final product not looking as nice as the proto's. So I thought I'd post some comparisons of previous TB marvel legend figure proto's and actual releases. Maybe refresh your selective memory a bit.

Cage

Before:

100_6809.jpg

After:

luke_cage_12.jpg

Psylocke

Before:

IMG_5140.jpg

After:

psylocke_22__scaled_600.jpg

Damn Jay why'd ya have to show the proto Scarlet Witch....I'll never understand how the retail figure ended up how it did.....the same goes for the regular Wasp. :( @loll@ @smilepunch@

yes yes.. nice point Jay.

Toybiz did royally screw up a lot of their female characters... Scarlet Witch, Mystique, and Psylocke all let their protos down.. with Scarlet Witch and Mystique actuall changing before production.. I thik Psylocke just had bad paint.

Luke Cage had a production error in his paint, and hey fixed it.. if you remember that one.

and right on about Wasp.. she is a piece of garbage... I hate her face sculpt. Though, it may fit in with the Hasbro stuff I guess. @lol@ However, that "proto" you showed was just some kinda mock up or something... she didn't even have any articulatio, remember?"

and in Toybiz's defense... Jesse Falcon admitted that Scarlet Witch was a screw up... when Hasbro admits that about all their figures, I'll let them off the hook @lol@

and right on about Wasp.. she is a piece of garbage... I hate her face sculpt. Though, it may fit in with the Hasbro stuff I guess. @lol@

Had to sneak that one in ah Clam? @loll@

and in Toybiz's defense... Jesse Falcon admitted that Scarlet Witch was a screw up...

I never understood what he meant by it was a screw up.....I mean how does that happen?

I will say Bucky needs a little work. The face looks more like Hodey Doody to me then Bucky.

Aging your self there Jay. :P

042.jpg

wasp_black_11__scaled_600.jpg

It just me or is this the same head?.. AWful either way for both! Ah ... never mind it must just be the same designer or something...

DSCN1051__scaled_600.jpg

How does this happen though honestly... I know its a "screw up" but still?.. Someone should ask jes for more details some time on this one :D :D

I think it was at last years sdcc or posably the one before... Someone posted some pics of people dressed up & one of them was a trans dressed up as the scarlet mitch .... This is totaly what this toy reminds me of! oh if only I could find that pic! :D I think it may have been JJ who posted it heh

Rarely have I ever seen a prototype look worse than the final figure that comes out. Coincidently, the only one I can think of is the one below...

prototype:

storm_proto.jpg

final product:

storm_final.jpg

I don't think Hasbro could carry Toybiz's jock to the game. They are proving exactly what we thought they would. They are creating a product that is not even in the same class as Toybiz, Marvel Legends.

The sculpts - too cartoonish

The Paints - plastic, looks like 90's figures and bad finish

the size - they are getting smaller

The Packaging - No comic and more expensive.

I agree that hasbro sucks and I hope I can muster up enough will power to not buy series 2 and 3. I would honestly pay $15 for a Toybiz ML if this is what I get from Hasbro.

the pics you guys keep posting are cracking me up :D I am amazed some people take the time to make stuff like this :P

heehee I was thinking the same thing :) I wonder if people would feel differently if when Hasbro took over they named it a completely different name/line, as if Hasbro is doing a new toy line and Series 1 was the beginning of these 'new toys'