WWE Interested In La Parka & Several Others!

Outsiders

WWE has interest in bringing in AAA's La Parka. However, the person currently under the La Parka garb isn't the same person that assumed the character in WCW in the late 90's, who was Adolfo Tapia. In 2004, Adolfo Tapia was forced to wrestle under the name L.A. Park, as the AAA promotion owns the rights to the gimmick and the name. L.A. Park currently wrestles for CMLL, AAA's rival promotion. The La Parka in AAA is usually denoted as La Parka, Jr. (even though he is only one year younger), La Parka (AAA) or La Parka (PAP). His real name is Jesús Alfonso Escoboza. He's also a bit smaller than the WCW version. The WCW version was 6-2 and 255 pounds. The one WWE is interested in is 6-0 and 215 pounds.

There is a movement in WWE to try to bring in more smaller, international stars to try to recreate the magic of Nitro in the mid-90s. They also want to get a jump on WSX and TNA, who both are pushing light heavyweights. They're interested in a few guys in Mexico, not to a mention a few guys in Japan. Other names discussed include Gedo and Jado.

If they'd actually use the guys the way WCW used cruiserweights this would be excellent. Of course, Vince would never allow that. Gedo & Jado both could bring a whole lot to the table.

Exactly...I don't particularly want to see 3 of them get squashed by Great Khali (which is how the WWE normally uses cruiserweights).

I never liked him. I hope they don't bring him in. As for the cruiser wieghts, i think that was one of the few things that WCW did right, jut Jericho made that division great.

Heck, I think almost every cruiserweight wrestler in WCW at the time made that division great, especially the talent from Mexico or Japan. There were so many guys that really made that division special like, Malenko, Guerrero, Mysterio, Kidman, Juventud, Psicosis, Jericho, Ultimo Dragon, Liger, Chavo, Mr. JL, etc.

As far as La Parka goes though, I've been lost as to who the WCW La Parka was for awhile now :wacko: He was fun to watch then, but I don't think La Parka or La Park will really be a huge addition to WWE.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE