Hasbro Marvel Legends Wave 2 Pics from NYCC

Ryno

I think I'll just buy The Blob and Quicksilver loose.....HML wave 2 doesn't look like its going to be anything great.

While wave 3 is an improvement, wave 2 still sucks. Wave 1 was the worst imo, so if they continue on like this maybe we'll get something awesome by wave 8 :P

Seriously though, She Hulk loolks amazing but wtf give us back our shoulder articulation. This is definitely a hasbro move, they keep wanting to put their own articulation that they developed for star wars on marvel legends. It doesn't work. Try developing something for the hips, that's the only place that has questionable articulation joints. Otherwise if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Blob looks awesome. $80 awesome though? Probably not.

And Hasbro continues to bore me with character selection, horrible face sculpts, less articulation (bring back shoulder joints please). Basically my wallet is going to be happy for awhile. The only one I can say I will be picking up is Quicksilver.

I hope that whoever put the helmet on the Zorn figure just did a crappy job. It'll suck if it doesn't properly cover the face like in the picture.

XORN.jpg

"Hey, you guys think that Xorn might actually be Magneto?"

-"Why? Because his chin is sticking out from behind Xorn's mask? Pshh..."

"Huh. Yeah...I guess you're right. Couldn't be."

At least Juggy got waxed and had the ab hair removed. :D

@loll@ I'm still going to pass on him and Jean. Xorn looks alright, but hopefully the mask will actually fit better when he's released. I like Quicksilver the most, with Yellow Jacket not too far behind. The She-Hulk will still be a definite buy for me, although the lack of shoulder joints wasn't the best idea. Wolvie and Thor, I'm thinking I'll look for them as well. As for Blob, I still want him for sure.

Guess the Jean Grey figure that looked like Famke is nowhere to be found!!! Guess Blob might not be mine after all!!!

And what sucks is that I wanted that She Hulk, but not without shoulder articulation we're used to!! I mean I can understand losing finger and foot articulation, but not shoulder!! <_<

I don't know why but I've always been a sucker for movie figures. Other than Juggernaut, She Hulk is the only other one I'll be picking up....then I'll cave and buy the rest for no apparent reason. Tragic impulses are really sad.

well this sucks... I will be getting Quicksilver and Xorn (though I hate the character) but I dodn't think I want the rest of them... I do want Blob, but I wont be seeing him in my collection I bet.

And the variant Jean... looks like it was done with a crayola.

Juggernaut looks a lot better in these pics than on the others we saw a few weeks ago. Granted, he's not nearly as good as the SDCC proto we saw last year, but he's 10x better than I feared he might be after the more recent pics which made him look like some kinda fat, hairy freak... Yeah, can safely say he's guaranteed a piece of my wallet. If I didn't know better, and I know this is a bit "out there"... I'd say MAYBE Hasbro read our complaints and niggles and put them right? Maybe? Is it just me thinking that's plausible or should I get out my tinfoil cap to stop martian death rays?

I dig the body for Ultimate Logan, but will definitely be switching out the head. No doubt about that.

Quicksilver looks really lean, which is pretty cool.

I'm a bit perturbed that there's no pictures of Thor though. Are they still working on him? Ironing out creases? New paint apps? Sorting out the dodgy hips?

After having recently picked up DCSH Mongul and Steel, these new MLs are thoroughly underwhelming in comparison.

I become more disenchanted with Marvel Legends by the day.

I hope to god they look better when I see them on the pegs. I want to be proven wrong and I want to like them.

There is no way that Blob is worth $80.

After having recently picked up DCSH Mongul and Steel, these new MLs are thoroughly underwhelming in comparison.

I become more disenchanted with Marvel Legends by the day.

I hope to god they look better when I see them on the pegs. I want to be proven wrong and I want to like them.

There is no way that Blob is worth $80.

Quoted for truth!!! I feel EXACTLY the same way!

I think She-Hulk looks really good. Don't really care about the shoulder joint as long as there's a swivel at the elbow to compensate. But wow, even the toy of Juggernaunt looks like a guy in a muscle suit. And that Jean Grey looks as much like Famke Janssen as any of the other characters in the wave do. She doesn't even look like a modern toy, just a complete lack of effort, probably mostly cause of the paint, or lack there of. I'm glad I had no interest in the movie figures anyways, especially THAT movie.

I'm mostly okay with this wave except for JG. I'm really hoping that the face isn't final. It's sad that such a nice looking head can turn out so horribly with just a few bad paint aps. If it comes out like that I'll make the neccessary adjustments but I don't think I should have to when they were done right in some of Hasbro's own test shots.