Hasbro Marvel Legends Wave 3 Pics at NYCC

Ryno

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No...Lebowski's wrong. It's the love child of the Lone Ranger and Robin.

And that Cyclops, Magneto and Danger they showed us last summer at SDCC, which means Toy Biz probably did the sculpts. Cap, Bucky and Rachel are probably the only Hasbro originals.

Is Bucky wearing riding chaps? What does this say about his relationship with Mr America? Lol, on a side note just give me heroes, I don't care if they look a tad bit cartoonie, have 20 poa vs previous 45, say Toybiz, Hasbro, or Marvel Select. I just want a freakin marvel universe....period! I am tired of getting re-hashed/re-done figures. I don't need another Captain, I already own 4 of them or another cyclops, got 2 different versions also. In a perfect world I don't see why we get Bucky and not other better candidates for heroes or an obscure villian like Danger when other better, classic toys could be made. They really need to pay more attention to what we want in individual figures. Of course us completests will buy the whole line, or other will buy it to get a cool BAF, but give us an oppurtunity to vote or something on at least 1 figure in a wave so we can get some LEGENDS we ALL want. I mean wouldn't it have been better to have a vote between say AXM Cyclops, Gladiator, & Crimson Dynamo. Then best character would have been made for US based on votes. I hardly think cyclops would have won. ..

Sigh... I think the fact that we are getting that bucky is kinda cool how ever when I first saw the words bucky in peoples posts I instantly though of the WS version... Eds version... of bucky :| I really wish we had got him rather than t his :)

I was shocked at the initial and immediate praise and adoration of these unpainted, plastic lumps. I'm really glad to see that there are others out there who are less than impressed with these new Wave 3 Hasbro Legends pics. For a second there, I thought Hasbro had taken over the world and brainwashed everyone but me!

Dude, were you born a **** or did that Alan Moore film you watched just inflate your ego? Ive read your posts and everytime you disagree with someone you dont point out why, you just insult others or the product. Get over yourself. And that comic/movie, it wasnt that great.

Anyway, I like these more than the majority of the Toybiz toys I own. The paintwash issue is ridiculas. People want realistic toys of fictional characters in printed material? The characters look like cartoon characters in the books, why should the figures try to imitate real life? And the current fad of covering the figures in some drab over wash isint that great anyway. I like my vibrant colored DCD Superman much much more than my flat dull Mattel Superman with and overwash. People seem to ignore the fact that the toybiz paints just looked dirty most of the time. I prefer this vastly, and its not because I "dont care about the figure quality". This looks better for comic book toys.

And these are definately an improvement over the earlier 2 waves. These look clean and crisp, like the Iron Fist and Nightcrawler figures did/do.

Only complaint is the figure choice. Cyclops is my favorite so he is welcome (although I wish they would have made the New Xmen version instead), and Captain America is a classic. Especially this Ditko-ish style. The Knight guy is a classic charater too, so he should be there. But the others dont interest me, at all. I do wish they would move past the movie figures. And astonishing Xmen is my favorite marvel comic, but Danger really didn't deserve a figure yet. Cassandra Nova would have been a better choice.

So in the end, ill buy them. Between this, Indie Legends, SOTA Street Fighter (IF THEY EVER COME OUT!), Revoltech, and certain new kickass DCD figures (Animal Man, Kubert Batman, Kubert Superman and Bizarro), im going to need to take a second mortgage.

cyclops is not even a key charecter in the new xmen series so why would they make that version?.. Personlay I'd be more pissed off as would others if they did seeing as how we don't even have any new xmen figures yet, aside from say... x23 but I don't count her since her outfits are pre new xmen...

we alllready have most of the AXM team however so making cyclops the AXM just makes sense.

cyclops is not even a key charecter in the new xmen series so why would they make that version?.. Personlay I'd be more pissed off as would others if they did seeing as how we don't even have any new xmen figures yet, aside from say... x23 but I don't count her since her outfits are pre new xmen...

we alllready have most of the AXM team however so making cyclops the AXM just makes sense.

That is what I'm saying I want variety with my ML's I don't mind seeing one more version, but if it starts a Wolverine or Ironman (even though the version of him are pretty cool) I just want other x-men, avengers, or others

That is what I'm saying I want variety with my ML's I don't mind seeing one more version, but if it starts a Wolverine or Ironman (even though the version of him are pretty cool) I just want other x-men, avengers, or others

cyclops does not fall under the hulk/iron/wolvie factor just yet man, this is only his 2nd figure :) & hey... I understand wanting more figures but allso you gota complete the teams you start too! & by new xmen figures I am talking about "new xmen" the comic featuring x23 & them wackyass kids :P

cyclops does not fall under the hulk/iron/wolvie factor just yet man, this is only his 2nd figure :) & hey... I understand wanting more figures but allso you gota complete the teams you start too! & by new xmen figures I am talking about "new xmen" the comic featuring x23 & them wackyass kids :P

Technically it's his 3rd, since he had a variant @smilepunch@

As much as i love BAF, i hate buying figures i dont want. Its good marketing becuase i bought the entire Annhilus wave for him even though i didnt want them all. I really don't want Ultimate Wolverine from series 2, or Cyclops, Ord, and Cap from this wave. This may be the first BAF i pass on.

As much as i love BAF, i hate buying figures i dont want. Its good marketing becuase i bought the entire Annhilus wave for him even though i didnt want them all. I really don't want Ultimate Wolverine from series 2, or Cyclops, Ord, and Cap from this wave. This may be the first BAF i pass on.

That is something this past wave really upset me about cause I only really wanted 2 of them in this wave, but hey I made some trades for the others, so I'm not too upset, but this next wave it gonna be another pain cause I only really wanted 4 of them, but hey we all may never be fully happy with the choices every wave

I don't count varaints since not everyone can get them to add to there collection

I don't count varaints since not everyone can get them to add to there collection

Well there was the MXC one, lol

I would like a new X-23 in her New X-Men costume. The previous one sucked. I have to say, New X-Men is one of the better X-books currently, so yeah a box set or something would be cool.

I meant the first New X-Men (the real one) by Grant Morrison. We have already got two figures from that, one just last wave (Xorn). we also got New Xmen Wolverine a while back. And besides, Cyclops wears his New Xmen outfit in astonishing now, so it would be more contemporary anyway. And we dont have most of the Astonishing Xmen team already, we have 3 members. Argueably, we have just as many members of the New Xmen.

And by 'New Xmen', i mean the quality comic, not the angst filled teenage melodrama.

Not sure about new x-men, never read it, but regarding astonishing we have more than three so far. We have Kitty, Wolverine, Collossus (xmc 3 was astonishing costume), emma, and now cyclops. To finish the team I think we only need Beast. Adding Danger to the mix means that the only other main bad guy (that was created for astonishing) would be Ord. I think they'll finish it soon.

Astonishing Cyclops is definately needed to add to the Astonishing line. He may not be as popular as CAP, Spiderman, or Wolvie, but he is a very important character. I happen to like the Astonishing costume because it pays homage to his classic costume, but in a modern, conservative way. I think it would have looked better if it was painted to gold trim instead of yellow. I am definatley getting Cyclops.

I happent to be in the minority hear, but I Actually love this Rachel Grey figure. It is about time Rachel gets a figure of her own, and I happen to love the midreft and miniskirt. I am definately getting this one.

Astonishing Cyclops is definately needed to add to the Astonishing line. He may not be as popular as CAP, Spiderman, or Wolvie, but he is a very important character. I happen to like the Astonishing costume because it pays homage to his classic costume, but in a modern, conservative way. I think it would have looked better if it was painted to gold trim instead of yellow. I am definatley getting Cyclops.

I happent to be in the minority hear, but I Actually love this Rachel Grey figure. It is about time Rachel gets a figure of her own, and I happen to love the midreft and miniskirt. I am definately getting this one.

I am part of the minority, too.... :D

I am part of the minority, too.... :D

Same.