Hasbro Marvel Legends Wave 3 Pics at NYCC

Ryno

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, we are finished uploading and updating Marvel Legends Wave 3 Figures from NYCC.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=10739

We've added:

-First Appearance Captain America

-Bucky

-X3 Colossus

-Hydra Agent

and more pics of yesterday's:

-Black Knight

-Astonishing X-Men Cyclops

-Marvel Girl (Rachel Grey)

-Danger

-Brood Queen

FA Thing, WM Thor, FA Hulk, Lady Death Strike all very cartoony IMO(FAs and Thor get a break cause they are well FA and in those days comics were very cartoony looking)

Alot of the Tony faces for the IM figs are cartoony also, Modular's and Thor Buster's come to mind, and while i love boxset Sue her head is cartoony also, so don't go saying TB doesn't do cartoony heads when they did(heck even Archangel looks kinda cartoony in the head)

IMO HML3 beats LCBH wave 1 and 2 pretty much for me anyway, Black Knight = perfection(screw the classic costume the silver chainmail looks dorky) Cyke is actually better then either of the Cyke's TB released(just needs a black wash on the costume to be perfect) Danger while i know lilttle about seems to be an awesome looking character and the figure looks just as good, Rachel looks better then alot of TB females(yes even Witch Blade and that pack in figure, but not as good as that girl with the jacket thats in LCBH, O'Brian i think her name is?) Cap = awesome FA figure! Bucky, umm not much of a fan of Bucky but i suppose i should get him to hang around with FA Cap, Hydra Soldier = good but could be a little lighter shade of green, and then we have X3 Colossus, i can use X3 Beast seeing as i don't have a beast but i have a perfect Colossus since i repainted the ML5 one's silver parts so i dun really need X3 Colossus, is he a good figure? well for a movie figure yeah but i still don't want/need him. And Brood Queen looks just as good as anything TB has done also.

No offense but you're on crack if you think hasbro's stuff is better than Toybiz's LCB, at least prototype wise. I'm sure the LCB stuff will look worse when put into production, but as of right now it kicks HML ass. You probably just like the characters more in ML than in LCB, which I would agree.

Few a things I'd comment on ever really but here I go. Cyclopse is'nt half bad they are maintaining the classic Tb articulation in some of the figures. Other however have not so much, but I guess this is going to be the new thing. I like that marvel girl sculpt but a bit cartoony, rather its a good call kind of relects her youth. The rest are cool, the Hydra agent however is going to be one of those I need about 20 of that one figures, which is going to leave a how lot of fodder Brood peices. maybe they should save the plastic that will be wasted for a something else. all in all good job, that's the brood queen looks more like a minion, but its cool may have to rescuplt the head tho. bucky lol just seen him funny stuff.

No offense but you're on crack if you think hasbro's stuff is better than Toybiz's LCB, at least prototype wise. I'm sure the LCB stuff will look worse when put into production, but as of right now it kicks HML ass. You probably just like the characters more in ML than in LCB, which I would agree.

None taken, but i honestly think Rachel looks way better then Witch Blade(not O'Brian though, her sculpt looks AWESOME, i'd so use her for kitbashes if i had enough skill) But Cyke(if he had a black wash) would kick most of the LCBH asses, Cap does look a bit cartoonish though(could change before release, wish he would get a variant with a blue neck and a classic non FA head, would kick ML1 Caps ass) Bucky well looks perfect and up to par with anything TB has done, just that i dun care about him all that much hehe(i like Super Patriot from LCBH a little better hehe), but i'll get him so he can hang around with Cap, Danger looks awesome too and while i don't know her character i'll get her to go with the AXM(i guess i needa get XMC Colossus sometime heheh) Black Knight while not classic(thank goodness, i SO think the classic suit is DORKY) is awesome and again up to par with TB MLs/LCBH Hydra Soldier is a bit small but i gotta remember they are only normal humans(right?) so compared to the big guys like Cap and such it works(still would prefer a tad lighter green though) and i'll skip X3 Colossus, i can use X3 Beast from HML1 but not Colossus hehe but he is a well sculpted figure, just like most of the LCBH, i just don't have an interest in him.

To be honest, I think Marvel Girl's hair looks alright... compare it with the comics for youself below... :)

Her face is cartoony due to the lack of washes that "could" emulate make-up (eye shadow, mascara), facial expression, etc. but the sculpt of her face looks alright...

YES, I have to agree that her left ear does stick out a bit like an elf @loll@@loll@@loll@ hahahaha, but I think her right ear looks alright (at least better than her left ear) ---it's fairly flat... compare it with the pics below... :)

The color pattern on her shoulder is wrong...but that's an easy fix!

The articulations....hmmm...I think that's the best you can get on a figure with a skirt, right? @hmmm@

However, Hasbro could have used frabrics instead of plastic/rubber for the skirt...but there's always someone may not be happy with this! :P

I am not sure about whether there is a joint right below the chest/shirt...

Hasbro/sculptor moved the usual bicep-turning artuculation down to the elbow...

The knees... I think the smallest angle you can get between the thigh and the calf is roughly 90 degree... So, this is not welcomed by many people...

If you look closely, there are two articulations at the ankle: one for moving the feet up and down, the other one for moving the feet left and right..

Other than the skirt part, the articulations on this figure is just slightly less than those on ML15 Spider-Woman...and remember no Toybiz ML female figures wore skirts...

I like the figure...and oh, no I am not a crap-lover. :P :P :P hehe

025.jpgPhoenix_rachael_4.jpg

031_.jpgPhoenix_rachael_3.jpg

I like em, and may get back into the line, but that's a big if!! I remember complaining about Toy Biz washing everything, which sometimes ruined the look of a figure! Cyclops could be one, the yellow on his boots and gloves was way too dark!! I can see the lack of washes on some of the later figures, and don't mind at all!!

It's not the washes that made the tobiz superior, it was the paint itself. So when people say the paint looks cartoony it's because it's glossy and flat, it doesn't mean they need to dump the figure in liquid black paint (i agree ml 9 cyke was a bit much). Rache looks fine besides the elbows (to me at least). The colossus looks to be the worst figure ever, I'm not joking. That thing has thighs the size of a torso.

Alphaprime - I agree about witchblade, she is crap. I had guys like Darkness in mind, though I have no idea who he is he looks even better than most of the ML stuff we got from Toybiz.

I actually kind of like wave 3 with the exception of collossus and cap. I haven't seen Bucky yet but that Hydra Soldier looks amazing! The unfortunate thing is I'll never see one. People won't be buying as much ML and so they'll buy as many Hydra soldiers as they can, scalpers and collectors will be buying tons, even with Hasbro's distribution it'll be like trying to find some of the short packed MOTU figures. The worst part is even I want to get at least 4 of these guys and I don't usually army build.

And no, Toybiz doesn't do cartoon face sculpts. I am looking at hundreds of them on my shelves and wall as I type this... some of them are not good, but they are not cartoony

Clam I feel your pain, but that statement isn't really true.....I mean what about the Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Boxset? Both Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman have faces that are way cartoony.

None taken, but i honestly think Rachel looks way better then Witch Blade

REALLY!?!? I mean Rachel is a nice enough looking figure, but to my eyes she's not even in the same league as Witch Blade much less better looking.....to each his own I guess.

I am some what surprised that no one has noticed one thing... HASBRO!! Is using STANDS to help keep there figures up on display, yet they feel the need to jack out our stands :P I can't help but laugh at this :D :D

Man, some of you seem to think that toybiz never does the cartoony headsculpts on their marvel legends.

I guess you guys think this head is so great that you overlook this:

283.jpg

Guess this is realism to you Toybiz fanboys......

Don't forget that the purple X-23 head was cartoony as well

At least, Rachel looks better than that Indie toy and the purple x-23. I wouldn't be suprised if it was sculpted by a Marvel toys sculpter

that little ugly thing is cartoony because the Indie toyline is ARTIST specific. All the figures will look just like the artists draw them. And also, that figure is like a pack-in or something.. not a regular figure.

And no, Toybiz doesn't do cartoon face sculpts. I am looking at hundreds of them on my shelves and wall as I type this... some of them are not good, but they are not cartoony

But Rachel is ALSO artist specific. I don't see what is the big difference other than personal biasness against Hasbro's Marvel Legends.

As for Toybiz, they HAVE done some cartoon sculpts in the past such as Invisible Woman from the boxset (which is based on a specific art style) or the Spiderman and Green Goblin Hamrbos(sp?) figures.

Spider Hulk appears cartoony as well, but he is wearing a mask.

I am some what surprised that no one has noticed one thing... HASBRO!! Is using STANDS to help keep there figures up on display, yet they feel the need to jack out our stands :P I can't help but laugh at this :D:D

I know!!! @loll@ Now, where can we get these stands? :D:D

My 2 cents on HML3

Cyke-not a fan of the modern costumes the X-men are sporting, but this figure looks very good!

Marvel Girl- Haven't bought X-comics in a while so is this Rachal from Days of future pasts? If so, why did they make her look younger, this charatcer has been around since 80' at least , she shouldn't look like a 16 yr old anymore! Also, that nose sculpt looks so elfish & nothing like the comic pic, they need to fix her nose. I'd rather they had made her in her fiery X-caliber costume!

FA Cap- Is he missing the A on his forehead? Looks good, is his shield gonna be triangular?

Bucky-not a fan of the character, but he's FA Cap's partner!

Danger-not really too crazy about the Danger room getting a figure before Gladiator, but it looks cool.

Black Knight-IMO, the best figure in this wave! While I woulda prefered the chainmail version, this version rocks & will be my 1st must have from this wave!

Hydra soldier- Wow, finally, an army builder! Getting at least 10 of these grunts to attack the marvel heroes!

Movie Colossus- Umm, I'm happy for you X-movie fans

Brood queen BAF- not my 1st pick for a BAF, but it looks good & with the MS Brood warriors coming out, it's the essential part of the army building process alongside the Skrulls.

Overall, I have to say that Hasbro has improved with wave 3, though I also love all the Avenger related figures in wave 2 plus that awesome BAF Blob!

In wave 3, my faves are Black Knight, Cyke, FA Cap & Hydra soldier.

Look at Rachels bio picture in wikipedia. It looks exactly like the toy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Summers

Pretty crazy! I think the sculpter used that picture.

Damn you aren't kidding, she sure does look like her!! Wow, and I don't know but the articulation isn't that bad, it doesn't stand out that much!!

Once again, nice figures which need better paint applications. I do think there is a point to be made about the the cartoony look of some of them though comparing them to Superhero squad seems a little harsh. Black Knight is my favorite. I know people hate her but I do really like Rachel with exception of those sigma six joints (especially on the knees).

Look at Rachels bio picture in wikipedia. It looks exactly like the toy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Summers

Pretty crazy! I think the sculpter used that picture.

Damn you aren't kidding, she sure does look like her!! Wow, and I don't know but the articulation isn't that bad, it doesn't stand out that much!!

It's pretty you didn't diss the figures since no offense, I thought I was going to read your rant about ml3 like the other anti Hasbro ppl in here

I've stuck up for HML in wave 1 and 2 when every one else was complaining about this or that. Now, just so I can't be accused of blindly praising everything that Hasbro does, I'm afraid I have to say that IMO wave 3 is looking pretty weak. The biggest offenders: FA Cap, Bucky, movie Colossus.

Cap: I seriously had to go back and look at the pic, not twice, but THREE times just to see what everyone was liking about this fig. Maybe it's the costume itself (in which case wouldn't be Hasbro's fault) but this fig just looks off in every way. From facial expression, to paint, to body construction.

Bucky: He may have been OK if someone hadn't gotten ahold of his arms and legs and stretched him out a couple extra inches.

Colossus: Coming from someone who LIKES X Men movie figures. The pin striping in the uniform isn't working. What's up with those thighs?

Maybe I shouldn't say ALL of wave 3 is looking weak. Cyke and Rachael still look good to me. As well as the Black Knight and Hydra, though I probably won't be getting those. Who knows, I may change my mind when I see them in person.

Cap: I seriously had to go back and look at the pic, not twice, but THREE times just to see what everyone was liking about this fig. Maybe it's the costume itself (in which case wouldn't be Hasbro's fault) but this fig just looks off in every way. From facial expression, to paint, to body construction.

Everyone? I don't like the Captain America either... @smilepunch@

J/K.....hehe... I'm just teasing you! :P