Hasbro Marvel Legends Wave 3 Pics at NYCC

Ryno

The hasbro knee won't allow the leg to push back. Besides the double knee gives a knee cap appearance and looks better than a leg just cutting apart. They need double knee and shoulder. I don't mind the hips they gave black knight, looks more like ml 1 cap. Not as much range with that, but I was never a fan of the ball hips.

Whether you're still a hater or not you have to admit these are improving with each wave for the most part. Not perfect but I'm starting to get convinced that Hasbro will eventually have something to offer... that is if the figures don't peg warm as bad as hasbro's ml 1 is.

I think these are all still toybiz sculpts? With this wave the sculpts have improved, I'm hoping this is Hasbro's offerings because I want to see the sculpts more like this and less like ml 1.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was shocked at the initial and immediate praise and adoration of these unpainted, plastic lumps. I'm really glad to see that there are others out there who are less than impressed with these new Wave 3 Hasbro Legends pics. For a second there, I thought Hasbro had taken over the world and brainwashed everyone but me!

Whether you're still a hater or not you have to admit these are improving with each wave for the most part. Not perfect but I'm starting to get convinced that Hasbro will eventually have something to offer... that is if the figures don't peg warm as bad as hasbro's ml 1 is.

I think these are all still toybiz sculpts? With this wave the sculpts have improved, I'm hoping this is Hasbro's offerings because I want to see the sculpts more like this and less like ml 1.

actually.. I think that the Rachel figure is a sing of things to come... Hasbro putting their stamp on the figures.. the articulation is different on her all around (her articulation shares some of the Starwars and GiJoe articulation)... ugly joints and funny head sculpt. That is probably the future of ML... yuck.

as for "Toybiz sculpts," it doesn't matter... You know the Toybiz folks never did goofy-ass faces like those... so its not really their work. Its Hasbro saying, "hey, give us stupid faces on our figures"

I was shocked at the initial and immediate praise and adoration of these unpainted, plastic lumps. I'm really glad to see that there are others out there who are less than impressed with these new Wave 3 Hasbro Legends pics. For a second there, I thought Hasbro had taken over the world and brainwashed everyone but me!

stand strong brother.. IN THE NAME OF GOOD TASTE! @lol@

there are still a few of us left.

Okay, so I was pissed that Hasbro didn't show us anything at Toy Fair a couple of weeks ago. They said they wanted to wait for NYCC. That sounded dumb to me but maybe that was just my disappointment talking. Perhaps their take is that Toy Fair is more what kids toys retailers will be carrying and that Comic Cons in general are for the more teen/adult collector fans. Perhaps their deciding to save ML for NYCC means they acknowledge the truth, that ML is a collectors product. If they do acknowledge that truth, then maybe they will give us more figures like Black Knight, Hellcat, Valkyrie, Wrecking Crew, etc. Since they're giving us a second stringer like Black Knight, who I am really looking forward to, it seems they are catering to us, even if the designs are being dumb downed a bit.

All I have to say to that is - BOOYAH!

I think Cyclops is flawless. As for Rachel, i could care less since i dont really collect anyone. I only have 2 Wolverine figures and i'm just getting the Ult. one and then that's it. I dont mind the cartoony look. Girls are suppose to look cutter anyways.

These look terrible. Hasbro still hasn't figured out how to use a paintwash. The sculpted texture on Cyclops' costume would allow for a great paintwash, however, as he stands, he looks like a pathetic cartoon figure from the 90's line with updated articulation. It is always said how Marvel Legends is a collector's line but if that is the case, why are we getting these crappy, cartoony figures? Even Danger could have been improved with a paintwash.

Jeez, a cartoony look on COMIC BOOK figures??? HOW ABSURD!!! :rolleyes:

Seriously...

I could go off at some of the other stuff I've heard, I'm going to keep this post as constructive as possible.

I'm Cyclops looks great IMHO, Rachel's alright. I'm looking forward to her variant. (I'm still hoping that it's a Jean Grey figure in her green mini skirt)

I'll probably pick up all of this series for the BAF.

Wave 2 looks really cool. I love the plastic Hasbro is using: it´s heavy and there aren´t loose joints!!

Maybe the figs don´t have washes, but the paint apps are better than TB. At least, the protos (which i think those are the actual figures) look incredible.

From wave three im not familiar with any of them, just Cyke which looks great. I might get Danger as well.

Wave 2 looks really cool. I love the plastic Hasbro is using: it´s heavy and there aren´t loose joints!!

Maybe the figs don´t have washes, but the paint apps are better than TB. At least, the protos (which i think those are the actual figures) look incredible.

From wave three im not familiar with any of them, just Cyke which looks great. I might get Danger as well.

Just a quick question...if you like Hasbro's stuff so much, what's w/ the animated sig bashing them? Sorry, just seems curious to me...

Just a quick question...if you like Hasbro's stuff so much, what's w/ the animated sig bashing them? Sorry, just seems curious to me...

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Cause, overall, excluding the second and third ML wave,Iron Spidey and GR, they are not doing a good job.

Retooled Spidermans???Bad body choices???Shrinking movie lines to 5inch?? Upcoming Spiderman classics villains in a cartoony style with limited articulation??

I thought the same thing about my sig when I posted my comment, though.

Man, some of you seem to think that toybiz never does the cartoony headsculpts on their marvel legends.

I guess you guys think this head is so great that you overlook this:

283.jpg

Guess this is realism to you Toybiz fanboys......

Don't forget that the purple X-23 head was cartoony as well

At least, Rachel looks better than that Indie toy and the purple x-23. I wouldn't be suprised if it was sculpted by a Marvel toys sculpter

Ah, my life is complete The Black Knight. This is what I've been waiting for since Legends began. StormFan it's just killing you that we still haven't seen first appearance Storm, isn't it.

:blink::wacko: @propeller@ @jump# @hammerhead# @cussing@

a little bit....

Don't worry I know how you feel. With each new wave announcement I got my hopes up that I'd finally see Black Knight. But alas my hopes were dashed. I'm so excited would have prefered the classic look but hey it's still the freaking Black Knight.

Don't worry I know how you feel. With each new wave announcement I got my hopes up that I'd finally see Black Knight. But alas my hopes were dashed. I'm so excited would have prefered the classic look but hey it's still the freaking Black Knight.

God I swear, if I'm disappointed at all in that figure (if it doesn't have a good wash and it looks too cartoony for a DRAWN piece of fiction in a comic book) I'm going to switch to the Legendary Heroes line. Who cares if I don't know who half of those people are, their prototypes are nicer than what we're actually getting from Hasbro!

WHO'S IN IT FOR THE CHARACTERS ANYWAY?!

:rolleyes:

I haven't been too impressed with the look of the new HMLs. I'll still buy most of them, though. The one thing I hope Hasbro focuses on is size continuity. If Wolverine is 5'3'' and Gambit is 6'1'', then DON'T MAKE THE TOYS THE SAME SIZE!!! I complained to the guys at Toy Biz last year about this and they gave me the standard "...we value your opinions..." crap. Yet they produced an AOA Sabretooth that looks like Wild Child compared to Series 5 Sabretooth! How hard is it to accurately reflect the characters' height?!

I think the Black Knight looks pretty cool. Is it just me, or does he look like the Adam West Batman?

Man, some of you seem to think that toybiz never does the cartoony headsculpts on their marvel legends.

I guess you guys think this head is so great that you overlook this:

283.jpg

Guess this is realism to you Toybiz fanboys......

Don't forget that the purple X-23 head was cartoony as well

At least, Rachel looks better than that Indie toy and the purple x-23. I wouldn't be suprised if it was sculpted by a Marvel toys sculpter

that little ugly thing is cartoony because the Indie toyline is ARTIST specific. All the figures will look just like the artists draw them. And also, that figure is like a pack-in or something.. not a regular figure.

And no, Toybiz doesn't do cartoon face sculpts. I am looking at hundreds of them on my shelves and wall as I type this... some of them are not good, but they are not cartoony

sorry, but the only one that looks good in wave 3 is cyclops. the rest just blow. and what is with just 4 figures in the wave? im sure there are more, but still, the articulation is what sold me on this line, now that its going away, i'm afriad that i might have to go away as well.

that little ugly thing is cartoony because the Indie toyline is ARTIST specific. All the figures will look just like the artists draw them. And also, that figure is like a pack-in or something.. not a regular figure.

And no, Toybiz doesn't do cartoon face sculpts. I am looking at hundreds of them on my shelves and wall as I type this... some of them are not good, but they are not cartoony

I have nothing to add because that's exactly what I was thinking. #US1#

I like how anytime someone dares critique a Hasbro ML they are branded a "Toy Biz fanboy"or something similar. I suppose bashing was just invented 2 months ago when Hasbro took over :rolleyes: