Hasbro Marvel Legends Wave 3 Pics at NYCC

Ryno

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These look terrible. Hasbro still hasn't figured out how to use a paintwash. The sculpted texture on Cyclops' costume would allow for a great paintwash, however, as he stands, he looks like a pathetic cartoon figure from the 90's line with updated articulation. It is always said how Marvel Legends is a collector's line but if that is the case, why are we getting these crappy, cartoony figures? Even Danger could have been improved with a paintwash.

Every single one of these figures has shiny, cheap-looking plastic and the cuts of articulation on that Rachel Grey figure are pathetic. I'm not even familiar with who she is and unless she is short-packed, based on the visual appeal of that figure, she will be warming the pegs until kingdom come.

It really bothers me what this line has become. I was amazed by Jesse's new line of Legendary Comic Book Heroes. I don't know who half of the characters are in thatg line but just based on visual appeal alone, those blows these Hasbro figures right out of the water. Even Mattel is surpassing Hasbro lately. Has anyone seen all those great new DSCH figures in wave 5/6?

I wonder if we'll even get a wave 4 of the Hasbro Legends. We'll see how Wave 2 & 3 do.

*sigh* Here we go again. I guess since these aren't "Toy Biz" quality (Breaking/tearing of plastic, severe paint locking, very loose joints). Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but sheesh. Hasbro is killing the line all right. Killing it with figures that rock! And check out that new elbow! I'm excited, especially for the "unknown" (Took on the Beyonder, played a key role in Days of Future Past) Rachel Grey.

As for DCSH, which great ones? The 3,000 repaints, or the 6 new figures?

I like the pics of the new figs. I really like the Cyclops. I think the Black Knight will be very popular also. The only thing I don't like is that I find Rachel's ear rings a little distracting other than that I am looking forward to wave 3. Wave two looks good again! Juggernaut look more like the first pics we saw of him rather than those last ones (yuck). I really like Quicksilvers head...ugh head sculpt or mold that is any way. Wave two is looking pretty promising also. I can't wait to see that Cyclops in person though.

These are well designed, well sculpted toys, but there's something not right about them. They're a little too cartoony and need more texture in the sculpting. I...choke....really think I might stop collecting ML sorry to say. I've already returned my series 1, and idk, I'm just not impressed with the inagural treatment we're seeing. Don't get me wrong they seem like great toys, but I think I'm...choke...breaking up with Marvel Legends. I think we should see other people ML. You've got so many newer, younger guys checkin' you out, putting their hands all over you; while I'm sneakin' around you're back tryin' to get in Indie Legends' (whatever) packages. Whoa, this just got really scandalous!

So in conclusion, I give Hasbro a 'B' for effort, but I like my oldschool better.

my opinions:

Black Knight: looks good, and it's about friggin time.

Danger: looks good, nice detail. I just don't care about the character

Brood: same deal.

Cyclops: looks all right. I'd get him.

Marvel girl: not too bad. anyone think she looks a lot like that sidekick chick from "Xena"?

you know what variant would make this wave really cool? Black Knight variant = Swordsman.

Overall I'd say this wave is looking pretty good so far.....not really sure I'd get any of them other than Marvel Girl and maybe Cyclops, the BAF is just not my thing (never liked that story) so there's little need for me to get characters I'm not into if the figures dont rock.

They could use some paint wash, but otherwise I think they look good. Rachel's head sculpt looks a little cartoony, but it also kinda looks like Billy Tan's art imo. I think they should make a Cyclops sans condom head as a variant, 'cause he has it off whenever not in battle.

I agree that these look a lot better than waves 1 and 2. First - NO MOVIE TOYS -- so far. They're really pushing the current uncanny/astonishing x-men. What sucks about modern figures is that by the time they get them out they've already changed costume (cyclops had a major change recently, I don't know if they fixed it or not, I won't give spoilers). I don't know who black knight is but he's cool. The baf sucks royally, I wish they'd put blob in this wave and brood in wave 2, then I could skip 2 and buy all of 3. Danger -- while a sucky character/idea looks good in toy form. Rachel's weird star wars articulation is throwing me off, she looks good as a female legend figure, but at the same time she looks like she's from an anime property like avatar or something.

This is the wave I'll probably start on, too bad the baf sucks.

Rachel and Cyke are awesome - of course it helps that they are two of my favorite characters. I wish this wave was coming out sooner.

I also love the Black Knight and I had no intention of buying him. If the final version looks that good, I will probably pick him up.

*sigh* Here we go again. I guess since these aren't "Toy Biz" quality (Breaking/tearing of plastic, severe paint locking, very loose joints). Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but sheesh. Hasbro is killing the line all right. Killing it with figures that rock! And check out that new elbow! I'm excited, especially for the "unknown" (Took on the Beyonder, played a key role in Days of Future Past) Rachel Grey.

As for DCSH, which great ones? The 3,000 repaints, or the 6 new figures?

"*sigh* Here we go again...someone with an opinion different than my own."

I have almost every Marvel Legends figure loose and have never once had a problem with the Marvel Legends I have bought from Toy Biz. No breaks, no loose joints. I always hear about people having problems with that, and I have never understood it.

Glad you like the new Marvel Girl articulation. I think it looks pretty ugly and mechanical.

You can't argue that Toy Biz does better work on the paint detail. Hasbro gives you a hunk of plastic straight from the mold and applies the minimum amount of paint to the figure to make it recognizable enough to sell.

And as for DCSH, I guess quality over quantity doesn't mean anything anymore. Oh, and how often does Hasbro use the same thing over and over just repainted with slight tweaks? All toy companies do repaints. Hasbro also has the good fortune of owning a virtually unrestricted license, unlike Mattel who kind of gets screwed over by their character options. DCD anyone?

But kudos, you like the Wave 3 Hasbro Legends. Huzzah!

All right, guess I'll be buying all of 1 figure between the next 2 waves (She Hulk). I mean the sculpts aren't bad, but the character selection's starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel here. Gimme a figure of the Russian, a remake of the Dan Ketch GR, and Tony Stark in a business suit, and I'm about good on MLs.

And in the Icons gallery, why doesn't the Punisher have a skull on his shirt? theres been other protos with the skull. they better not be taking a hint from the '89 movie.

So are there only going to be four figures and the BAF Brood Queen for Wave 3, or are they planning to have more figures for the wave and just haven't shown them?

I don't mind the AXM Cyclops, and I'm actually happy that they have Marvel Girl/Rachel Grey in her current costume as it was the best version in my mind of her from the various costumes and looks she's worn over the years.

Danger...I could do without, but I'll get cause she's from the current X-Men stuff. And of course, MUST get the Black Knight for my continuing team building.

Despite no paint washes they really don't look bad at all. Perhaps we're spoiled by the old TB paint jobs and stuff, but at least we still get ML toys.

Of course looking at this Wave... Are these really Legends? I mean three out of the four figures are from present day versions of the comics. Maybe Hasbro should have a Marvel Legends line and a Marvel line with the current versions of characters.

Damn!!!!!! These are freaking sweet!! I love wave 1 and 2 but these look even better! That Cyc freaking rocks!!! And Rachel looks to be one of the best female Legends yet! Even Danger looks fantastic!! I can't wait to see the rest of wave 3. :D

Draven