Whats the deal with the classics line?

Starscream49

I'm not a completist but I have a good friend who has both that afliction and an addiction to Marvel Legends-- he honestly felt relief back when everybody thought that line wouldn't be continued under Hasbro! But, man, Seekers are different! Everybody had a favorite one of those, too, and some are still waiting for their turn. C'mon, Dirge!!! @lol@

I think con exclusives wouldn't be so bad if like Mattel and Pallisades (R.I.P.), they offered them at more than ONE con. You see fortunately my wife is also a geek, so she wouldn't mind a comicon where she might get her favorite Indie comic or X-files show autograph, but I'm not heartless enough to drag a GIRL to a BOTCON!!

Anyways, more classics would be great, but I think Hasbro's planning to placate fanboys in the meantime with Titaniums like the upcoming Ultra Magnus. Paint chipping makes me nuts, and I'd love larger size-class figures, but I can live with '86 movie characters and Don Figueroa stylin'.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no reason not to believe that they could have Classics styled characters planned for the Heroes line. Just because it doesn`t say "Classics" on the package doesn`t mean it won`t be welcomed. We have always had homage figures in the lines so why not a figure of a character we know who gets the Classic style treatment. I would think it wouldn`t be cost effective to have the two lines running at the same time and could easily mix with one another. As far as being screwed by Master Collecter the term is very fitting and is really annoying. Of course when you have figures like E. Towline who was Heavily modeled after Ironhide and not painting him as such just leaves alot of fans mad when they have to pay through the nose for the correctly painted version.

Would there be though? We know NOTHING about the "Heroes" line. At all (unless I missed something). Who says "Classics" figures would work? Sure they used Beast Wars figures in Armada, for example, to bolster the line but, as I said, we know nothing of Heroes so we can't say that will happen.

Well the paradigm since Armada has been "Gimmicks" whereas Classics is "No gimmicks, just rebuilt G1 characters, along with some random minicons...", so unless the movie brings about some Copernican revolution not unlike the beginning of the Beast era, Heroes will be another new Gimmick and Classics-type 'bots will be S.O.L. However, there will likely be more homage figures and real gems like Galaxy Convoy, Cybertron Soundwave (w/ a Lazerbeak that looks like a fricken' BIRD), and Energon Galvatron. I'm betting that they'll keep something like the Titanium line going for the codgers like us. C'mon Titanium Arcee...!

I think the word SCREWED is very appropriate. When you spend $10 on two seekers each and to get the others its gonna cost you $350, thats getting screwed. Hasbro is gonna make them yet not make them available unless you go to a convention which you have to drop $500-$600 just to get there, thats getting screwed as well.

how are you getting screwed if YOU CHOOSE to buy them? if you are getting screwed by buying them, you are screwing yourself. if you don't like screwing youself, don't buy them. nobody is forcing you to buy them. if you feel you aree getting screwed by them being more expensive than you want to pay, again, YOU HAVE DECIDED that you don't want to spend that much on them, so again not owning them is a direct repercussion of the CHOICE you make, thus you are screwing yourself. you see where this is going? you choose what in life you value, and if you value transformers so much that you are willing to spend more on them that you want, that is your choice. if they are more expensive than you want to pay, than you choose not to buy them. but buying two of them at one price doesn't entitle you to buy anymore at the same price.

I see what your saying but I dont agree with it. Its like saying if your wife screws another guy its your fault since you choose to marry here. Simply put, when you create a figure which has a direct price point then you change the color of that figure and charge 700% more thats not cool. I think people have the right to feel screwed, jipped, etc. I understand the choice thing but I dont think they should have to make that choice. You wanna say someone doesnt own a $50 Primus due to price then your right, but in this case i think your slightly skewed. Not saying that in a bad way, dont take offense :)

I think the word SCREWED is very appropriate. When you spend $10 on two seekers each and to get the others its gonna cost you $350, thats getting screwed. Hasbro is gonna make them yet not make them available unless you go to a convention which you have to drop $500-$600 just to get there, thats getting screwed as well.

how are you getting screwed if YOU CHOOSE to buy them? if you are getting screwed by buying them, you are screwing yourself. if you don't like screwing youself, don't buy them. nobody is forcing you to buy them. if you feel you aree getting screwed by them being more expensive than you want to pay, again, YOU HAVE DECIDED that you don't want to spend that much on them, so again not owning them is a direct repercussion of the CHOICE you make, thus you are screwing yourself. you see where this is going? you choose what in life you value, and if you value transformers so much that you are willing to spend more on them that you want, that is your choice. if they are more expensive than you want to pay, than you choose not to buy them. but buying two of them at one price doesn't entitle you to buy anymore at the same price.

You're completely ignoring the fact that a great deal of people HAVE NO CHOICE TO MAKE, they simply can't afford exclusives. The whole irony is that the conventions are made to celebrate the franchise and it's fandom, yet the prices makes it either impossible or near impossible for most of the "average guy" collectors to ever be a part of it.

Now I know they have to be more expensive, I accept that. What I don't accept is having to pay the huge sum get all the other figures you don't want just the get the few that you do want. Again, I have no choice, I can't just casually shell over $400+ (whatever it all costs) so I'm one who has no choice.

The convention under 3H might have ended badly, but I respect what they tried to do. They tried to put on a good budget friendly show for everyone. Exclusives weren't exactly cheap, but you didn't have to sell any organs to get just one or two figures if that's all you wanted.

I think their problem was they tried to do too much and just got in over their heads. If managed properly I think they could have made it work. Too bad.

You're completely ignoring the fact that a great deal of people HAVE NO CHOICE TO MAKE, they simply can't afford exclusives. The whole irony is that the conventions are made to celebrate the franchise and it's fandom, yet the prices makes it either impossible or near impossible for most of the "average guy" collectors to ever be a part of it.

Now I know they have to be more expensive, I accept that. What I don't accept is having to pay the huge sum get all the other figures you don't want just the get the few that you do want. Again, I have no choice, I can't just casually shell over $400+ (whatever it all costs) so I'm one who has no choice.

The convention under 3H might have ended badly, but I respect what they tried to do. They tried to put on a good budget friendly show for everyone. Exclusives weren't exactly cheap, but you didn't have to sell any organs to get just one or two figures if that's all you wanted.

I think their problem was they tried to do too much and just got in over their heads. If managed properly I think they could have made it work. Too bad.

dude no one is putting a gun to your head to buy a figure..it's something you WANT...not need, right now I would love to get an 07 dodge charger...the fact of it is my present car is fine and paid for, and I really dont want car payments again, so I move on until I can, I dont sit around thinking dodge screwed me, because they made a car I cant afford at the moment. Deciding you can't afford to purchace botcon figs is a choice, even though you don't see it like that.

I would love to get a wonder festival BT black convoy.....but I know that its prob going to cost through the butt to get one with its limited availability...therefore I have thought about how much I am willing to spend, and IF I see one in that price range I will get it, if not OH WELL...I am not going to lose any sleep or begrudge takaratomy, like they set out to limit that realease to piss me off personally.

Its like when completists complain about being FORCED to buy repaints or figs they think are crappy, just for the sake of completionism.There's no logic to it...only the "memememmeemmeMMEEEEEEEE and what I WANT and what I DESERVE and am ENTITLED to!" mentality. Things are made every day that are priced out of the "average" person's budget. Bottom line you live with it, why should collecting be any different? The whole essence of collecting is; when you boil it down a community of haves/have nots.

gscbr has pretty much made the points I feel sum up my feelings on the subject, and no one is going to change your or any one else's mind in this thread that feels slighted sooo..........

See ya in may/june time frame...when this same thread in some/way/shape/form is brought back up once MC reveals their exclusives, along with the ever popular "botcon set should be CHEAPER for non attendees...PLUS we should get to buy ALL attendee exclusives, non-attendess are getting SCREWED" argument that inevitably springs up.

you do have a choice, you can buy them on credit card and pay interest, or work a second job to earn extra money, or CHOOSE to not buy them because your financial situation isn't conducive to the price being asked. consumers purchase items they can't afford all the time, so not being able to afford it does not prohibit you from buying anything at all, it is just some people are more sound with money and choose to be more financially responsible and others are not. but make no mistake, it is a choice either way. to say because you can't afford something means you have no choice in the matter is wrong and is simply playing the victim in a situation where you are not.

it is the same situation as buying a $10 toy when you don't have $10. you either choose to not buy it because you can't afford it or to buy it and go in the hole $10. just because it is less expensive doesn't mean the dynamic of the situations are different, only the decision has a more drastic repercussion. but the choice to buy it or not buy it in relation to what you feel you can afford is the same.

you may be a victim of your own financial situation, but that doesn't mean that because you can't afford a luxury product that you are somehow a victim of the company that produces the product and are therefor being screwed. if that is the case, Ferrari has been screwing me for years. I have been supporting the company for years buying posters as a kid to toy cars and calenders, yet Ferrari keeps slappin my loyalty in the face by not selling me a Ferrai at a price I can afford or want to pay. oh, how Ferrari is screwing me simply because i want one! see how ridiculous that sounds? trying to replace the responsibility that is yours onto someone else is sad at best, delusional at worst.

but hey, its your life, you are free to act as irrationally as you like, it is clear I can't change the minds of those who simply want to be victims.

The point your missing is the dodge cost the same whether you buy it in red, yellow, blue....at hall dodge, priority dodge, or faulk dodge. Its not $15000 for a yellow and $45000 for a red one.

but they do. alot of cars are only sold in certain shades as part of packages that are more expenive than the regular model. I know you are going to say that it does not pertain because you are talking about the exact same item just in a different color, but a con exclusive made in limited qualities and meant to only be sold for a high price to validate it exclusivity is not the same as a figure produced in mass for retail and thus aren't the same, regardless of the fact that they are the same mold. if you don't like that practice, don't participate in it, it isn't for you. but you aren't owed that exclusive figure just because you bought the retail version and now want it.

Actually they do usually charge more for the red one... but that's neither here nor there.

MC is not going to do a box of seekers, they might do Thundercracker and dirge, but it'll be a box of cars

My guess is a non-combining stunticon set. Mirage = Dragstrip, Hot Rod = Breakdown & wildrider, Bumblebee = deadend, 2-pack prime w/ new head = motomaster. 5 figs, 1 set. Purple gun megs = Galvatron & 2 seekers

The point your missing is the dodge cost the same whether you buy it in red, yellow, blue....at hall dodge, priority dodge, or faulk dodge. Its not $15000 for a yellow and $45000 for a red one.

unless its the eddie baur limited edition with leather interior, chrome rims,dvd player..etc which there only 400 of, then it will cost 45,000

A saleen mustang can cost upwards of 40 grand, compared the regular edition wich costs anywhere from 18,000 to 30,000

"Well they souped on the engine, changed the frame, and threw in a bunch of extras that make it worth it you say?...Saleen is well reputed and they custom redo those mustangs, so that makes them worth it......well....."

Sounds kinda similar to MC to me..with their fancy boxes and remolded heads and G1 homages and what not....

I think what is being confused here is that while it sucks that these figures cost more, nobody is saying it doesn't, it doesn't mean that those who can't afford it are somehow being wronged. most of us don't live in million dollar houses like movie stars, are we somehow being screwed because nobody will sell us their mansion at the same price we bought our modest home for so we can live like millionaires as well? life isn't fair, we all don't make the same amount of money and can't afford the same things.

the con figures are meant for those who can afford them or for those who need to have them so bad that they will buy them even if they can't. if MC prohibited certain people from the opportunity to buy them, then yes, you would be being screwed, but everyone is afforded the opportunity to buy them whether they can afford them or not. whether you can or not is your problem, not MC's, because in the good ol's U.S. of A. we are provided the opportunity to make as much money as we can, and quite frankly, $400 isn't alot of money in todays day and age, so if you can't afford it it is time to look in the mirror and reevaluate your profession or lifestyle and the choices you have made/make. $400 is nothing, anyone with any semblance of work ethic can make that in a couple of days doing menial labor, so even at $400 the price isn't out of any average persons price range. if it is, you shouldn't be wasting your money collecting toys anyhow.

dude no one is putting a gun to your head to buy a figure..it's something you WANT...not need, right now I would love to get an 07 dodge charger...the fact of it is my present car is fine and paid for, and I really dont want car payments again, so I move on until I can, I dont sit around thinking dodge screwed me, because they made a car I cant afford at the moment. Deciding you can't afford to purchace botcon figs is a choice, even though you don't see it like that.

I would love to get a wonder festival BT black convoy.....but I know that its prob going to cost through the butt to get one with its limited availability...therefore I have thought about how much I am willing to spend, and IF I see one in that price range I will get it, if not OH WELL...I am not going to lose any sleep or begrudge takaratomy, like they set out to limit that realease to piss me off personally.

Its like when completists complain about being FORCED to buy repaints or figs they think are crappy, just for the sake of completionism.There's no logic to it...only the "memememmeemmeMMEEEEEEEE and what I WANT and what I DESERVE and am ENTITLED to!" mentality. Things are made every day that are priced out of the "average" person's budget. Bottom line you live with it, why should collecting be any different? The whole essence of collecting is; when you boil it down a community of haves/have nots.

gscbr has pretty much made the points I feel sum up my feelings on the subject, and no one is going to change your or any one else's mind in this thread that feels slighted sooo..........

See ya in may/june time frame...when this same thread in some/way/shape/form is brought back up once MC reveals their exclusives, along with the ever popular "botcon set should be CHEAPER for non attendees...PLUS we should get to buy ALL attendee exclusives, non-attendess are getting SCREWED" argument that inevitably springs up.

Way back when, all I was saying is that I can understand some peoples feelings. That's it.

Suddenly some of you guys jump on me like a pack of sharks.

Would I ever feel screwed by a car company who didn't make me a $20,000 car for $40? Um...let me see....NO. NOW if I had the exact car you wanted, that cost $20,000 and you had the cash for it but then I said it would cost you $80,000...then you'd obviously feel that I was trying to screw you. (not literally of course! :P )

But let's get over that shall we.

People PLEASE GET WHAT I'M SAYING FOR ONCE!!! Is it so unreasonable to ask that MC let us buy ONLY the individual figures we want, therefore giving us a better chance of getting them?

I think not.

Grouping the figures together into one uber-expensive set totally cuts out the little guy. Looking at it from a business point of view, is that EVER a good thing?

So why do my feelings on this matter bother you guys so much?

I'm not pouting, stomping my feet, or planning on going postal in a Hasbro or MC office so you can relax. To some this only a hobby, to others it's a passion. Sometimes the passion is a bit much, but when isn't it?

I'm not trying to convince ANYONE OF ANYTHING other than to just cut people some slack...THAT'S ALL...NOTHING MORE. Yet you all come here telling people how they should and shouldn't feel.

That's the real issue here and I'm sorry I let it go beyond that.

Way back when, all I was saying is that I can understand some peoples feelings. That's it.

Would I ever feel screwed by a car company who didn't make me a $20,000 car for $40? Um...let me see....NO. NOW if I had the exact car you wanted, that cost $20,000 and you had the cash for it but then I said it would cost you $80,000...then you'd obviously feel that I was trying to screw you. (not literally of course! :P )

People PLEASE GET WHAT I'M SAYING FOR ONCE!!! Is it so unreasonable to ask that MC let us buy ONLY the individual figures we want, therefore giving us a better chance of getting them?

I think not.

Grouping the figures together into one uber-expensive set totally cuts out the little guy. Looking at it from a business point of view, is that EVER a good thing?

I'm not pouting, stomping my feet, or planning on going postal in a Hasbro or MC office so you can relax. To some this only a hobby, to others it's a passion. Sometimes the passion is a bit much, but when isn't it?

I'm not trying to convince ANYONE OF ANYTHING other than to just cut people some slack...THAT'S ALL...NOTHING MORE. Yet you all come here telling people how they should and shouldn't feel.

nobody is disagreeing with you on these points, but these are different points than the position that because you have to pay more you are being screwed. yes, it sucks they cost more, but no, cutting out the little guy isn't always a bad thing. there are tons of products priced at a premium that are only meant for thsoe who can afford them, and these companies do very well. my Ferrari example is the perfect one.

MC wants these products to be exclusive, both in how you purchase them as well as image. they aren't meant for every consumer, which is why they are produced at lower amounts and sold at a higer price. they are meant for the collector market that is willing to spend more on a rare toy, and if you wnat what they have to offer then pony up the bucks and buy it. if not, make your voice heard and don't, and if enough of you do maybe the practice will change. if enough of you don't, you are in the minority as far as the exclusive market goes and these toys aren't meant for you, even if you want them.

I'm not teling anyone what they should or shouldn't feel, but just because someone feels something doesn't make it rational, or even based in reality.

I think not.

I get what you are saying, the only problem with that: Lets look at ebay for ref

take for instance, the 2005 set...Ironhide and ratchet sell through the roof and still command high prices on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=001

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=013

The rest still flounder around, and people really can't give away chromia, deathsuarus, buzzclaw and ricochet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-2005-Chro...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-2005-Conv...1QQcmdZViewItem

The same w 2006

Optimus primal sells, Darkside megatron w wasp sells,tigatron sells, but dinobot, rattrap, etc goes for significantly less.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=013

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-2006-Conv...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-2006-Conv...1QQcmdZViewItem

It they let people cherry pick through the sets, they would find themselves in a world of fincial loss. They are a small company, and not walmart or target, so they cant afford to sell 800 thundercrakers...but only sell 150 bludgeons because the fickle fandom deemed it unworthy.

Release less exclusives is what you would prob say....ok so what if people really dont like the exclusives that much.......3H megazarak and sentinel prime are good examples. They would prob end up failing too. The fandom's mouth in general tend's to be bigger than it's wallet. This is the same fandom that has members who claim they won't buy a fig because its named "autobot jazz" instead of jazz.

I am not jumping on you personally dude, it's just that this topic comes up EVERY year...people say the same things and make the same arguments, and it gets kinda old.

Ironhide and Ratchet are expensive but lets not forget the original toy was only $10. So to repaint it and sell it as an exclusive and charge $300-$400 is messed up. Of course that price is for all 7 figures but like you said "who cares about them".

Ironhide and Ratchet are expensive but lets not forget the original toy was only $10. So to repaint it and sell it as an exclusive and charge $300-$400 is messed up. Of course that price is for all 7 figures but like you said "who cares about them".

botcon charges 65 bucks for the ratchet/flare up set....the box set was 240 bucks

They also remolded ratchet/ironhide's head....and far as the after market ebay prices...well the fandom sets that

As far as #s go....one would think they could just make more of a fig, but WHO's to say a given fig will be popular? Once again glenn and 3H are prime examples.....he tried to run a company for the fans and ended up bankrupt and receiving death threats as a thanks for his troubles, so I really dont blame MC for running a business first and foremost.

Here's the cold hard facts. I'm a gijoe collector. I bought the entire classics line except the mini cons. I would have bought a thundercracker repaint for 10 bucks...or 20 if they did perhaps a nice TRU repaint set like the target one with skywarp. these toys were cool enough to make me buy some transformers for the first time since i found clearanced out reissues a few years back. However I can't justify paying the 40+ bucks for a con thundercracker or the aftermarket prices that it will fetch post con time. I'm sure there are many cross over collectors that feel the same way that had casual interest in transformers via the classics line.

the original also was produced and sold in far more quantities. buy the original for $10 then, nobody is stopping you, but if you want the new one, which is different and produced in lower quantities and thus requires a higher selling price to recoup its cost and earn the desired profit, then you have to pay more. don't want to pay more, as you said, there is always the original you can buy.

I can understand them being more expensive (limited production, limited availability, etc.) . But with G.I. Joe, as I understand it, MC took the time to acquire the molds and make the figures. That costs resources.

Is that the case here with TFs? I may be wrong, but I don't think it is.

Besides the fact that MC could charge, well, whatever they wanted.

Besides the fact that MC could charge, well, whatever they wanted.

yeah, but that makes them jerks! they shouldn't be charging anything at all! what about all the children around the world who can't afford $10 TF's, nevertheless $400 TF's. MC should be giving TF's away for free because not everybody can afford to buy them and everyone should be able to afford every TF produced, even if that means they have to be given away for free!

the original also was produced and sold in far more quantities. buy the original for $10 then, nobody is stopping you, but if you want the new one, which is different and produced in lower quantities and thus requires a higher selling price to recoup its cost and earn the desired profit, then you have to pay more. don't want to pay more, as you said, there is always the original you can buy.

Come on thats a BS reply. They made less so they have to charge more. Thats BS. They can produce more if they wanted. The mold is the most expensive piece and its been created. Whether you agree or not doesnt really matter. Con exclusives are to get people to attend and be a drawing point. Charging 250% more than the original just cause you know some fans will pay it is SCREWING THEM.

What if you went to the store and all the food was $300. You would be pissed. You would feel screwed. Now I know your gonna say you need food but I contend you can go plant your own garden and you just WANT the premade food. You can say anything is a want vs a need. Bottom line is this jacking up prices well over their value just cause someone will pay it is screwing them.

Come on thats a BS reply. They made less so they have to charge more. Thats BS. They can produce more if they wanted. The mold is the most expensive piece and its been created. Whether you agree or not doesnt really matter. Con exclusives are to get people to attend and be a drawing point. Charging 250% more than the original just cause you know some fans will pay it is SCREWING THEM.

What if you went to the store and all the food was $300. You would be pissed. You would feel screwed. Now I know your gonna say you need food but I contend you can go plant your own garden and you just WANT the premade food. You can say anything is a want vs a need. Bottom line is this jacking up prices well over their value just cause someone will pay it is screwing them.

whoa, you know nothing about production. you should really stop now before you continue to make yourself look more foolish. if you don't know the basic production principle that the more you produce reduces the cost for each unit, you shouldn't even attempt to enter a conversation about production, nevertheless insitigate one. there are fixed costs for any product that extend beyond just the molds, and variable costs as well for every unit produced. yes, you can produce more, but you can't produce more than there is a market for or you are just losing money. you may want to throw in a marketing course as well in your future endeavors. I don't mean to offend you, don't take it that way, you have been very civil in this discourse, but you really don't know what you are talking about in this matter. #US1#

yes, you can grow your own food, but then grocery stores would lose money and would lower prices to get your sales. in turn they would all lower them to compete for your dollar. you see, competition keeps the price of food down. now you are veering off into economics territory, I hope you are ready for it. unlike Hasbro, which has to keep its prices competitive to attract consumers, MC does not have to because there are no competitors for exclusive transformers. now, don't just pass over that word exclusive, it is an important aspect of this discussion and has a very specific meaning. exclusive figures exist for an exclusive market, with exclusive defined as "excluding certain people for economic reasons." just as Ferrari isn't screwing you by producing a car that excludes you as a consumer because you can't afford it, MC collector isn't screwing you by producing figures at a price that excludes many consumers. if you are willing to pay, they will sell it to you, so the only thing keeping you from buying an exclusive is your willingness to pay. if you can't afford it, work harder, but it isn't MC's fault you don't have a good enough job or aren't financially sound enough to save money for items you want. believe it or not, MC wants you to buy their exclusives. if you don't like it, don't participate in the exclusive market, but to believe you have some right to every transformer produced because you have bought other transformers is ridiculous.

dude..you pay upwards 250%-1000% of everything you buy, its simple consumerism...moreover you are paying for a limited collector item and not a regular release..the pants your wear, the shoes....(a pair of nikes costs like 12 bucks to make) hell a cup of soda only costs about 5 cents, yet you pay 1.00+ for it at mcdonalds...nachos and a soda cost 10 bucks at the movies...you were married at one point, you had wedding rings..do you think that diamond you got your wife or your gold band was actually worth what you paid for it? Did you feel screwed then? You you feel screwed when you go into walmart and buy a transformer? Because it didn't cost hasbro 10 bucks to make.

You guys keep making comparisons between luxury items and food, it doesnt wash you HAVE to have food in order to survive you dont have to have a hunk of plastic, and even using your food example if you went into a store and they were charging 300 dollars for food, you could simply hop in your car and go somewhere else....you are not OBLIGATED to purchase food from that store.

you have a complete collection of g1 figs...I am sure you paid through the nose for some of those..did you feel screwed then? i am going to be presumptious and say no, because you kept collecting to completion...you made that choice regardless of cost.

Bottom line I dont like paying exorbitants costs more than anyone else, and yeah I would like for TC to be general release, but if its not, i will evaluate my money and go from there

I think not.

nobody is disagreeing with you on these points, but these are different points than the position that because you have to pay more you are being screwed. yes, it sucks they cost more, but no, cutting out the little guy isn't always a bad thing. there are tons of products priced at a premium that are only meant for thsoe who can afford them, and these companies do very well. my Ferrari example is the perfect one.

MC wants these products to be exclusive, both in how you purchase them as well as image. they aren't meant for every consumer, which is why they are produced at lower amounts and sold at a higer price. they are meant for the collector market that is willing to spend more on a rare toy, and if you wnat what they have to offer then pony up the bucks and buy it. if not, make your voice heard and don't, and if enough of you do maybe the practice will change. if enough of you don't, you are in the minority as far as the exclusive market goes and these toys aren't meant for you, even if you want them.

I'm not teling anyone what they should or shouldn't feel, but just because someone feels something doesn't make it rational, or even based in reality.

I never said that anything had to change as far as charging lower amounts for the figures. They can still charge their premium price, all I'd like to see is for them to do away with only being able to get the sets. $40-$60 for a repaint of a $10 figure isn't exactly ideal, but it's better than paying whatever the total comes out to be if you get the entire run of them just for 2 or 3 figs, and gives a few more people a chance. How could that possibly have any negative effects?

That wouldn't hurt it's "exclusivity appeal" one bit. So if that's not a rational request to you then so be it.

That way at least SOME average people stand a chance. This idea that it's meant for only the snobbish upper class fans is just silly.

It's not only financially secure people getting them. People will max out credit, sell other possessions, hell maybe even sell themselves @loll@ to get them.

One could argue that what MC does is exploitation at it's worst. Start talking about choices all you want, but believe it or not there ARE people who are literally addicted to buying stuff like this. It's compulsive and not so easily dealt with.

I should know...I tend to get rather compulsive at times. Sometimes you get that itch you just HAVE to scratch. MC COUNTS ON THAT. Why only take a little of your money when they can A LOT of it.