DCD 13" Superman (Classic)

Jase

We are three weeks away from this awesome figure being released! Who's going to pick this one up? I already have the first 13" Superman and the 13" Superman Returns but I still have this new "Version 2" on order! So much 13" DCD goodness the last few weeks!

DCD13SupermanV2.jpg

Yep, I have version 1 and even though i am happy with it, version 2 takes care of all the problems I had with ver 1 (head sculpt, large S).

So far I have:

Batman Begins

Superman Returns

Superman

Green Lantern

Aquaman

Flash

Batman

Lex Luthor

I have on Preorder

Shazam

Martian Manhunter

I think Im going to pass on

Scarface

Catwoman

Nightwing

...for now.

I will definately get Wonder Woman and Robin if when they release them.l

Im debating on the Classic Batman.

Yeah, I think this new version corrects all of the problems of the first release. V2 has a smaller @supes@, longer cape, and better headsculpt.

Oh Postalboy....what about the Batgirl? Gonna order her?

Forgot about her...Umm.. probably not. Not that I dont like her but I cant afford to get every DC character in this scale/price range. Theres just certain ones that I want. Oh yeah, I would also get a Hawkman and Joker if they release them.

Yeah, I think this new version corrects all of the problems of the first release. V2 has a smaller @supes@, longer cape, and better headsculpt.

Forgot about her...Umm.. probably not. Not that I dont like her but I cant afford to get every DC character in this scale/price range. Theres just certain ones that I want. Oh yeah, I would also get a Hawkman and Joker if they release them.

I hear you about being able to afford them all. I made the choice to cut out all "mass market" lines so that I could afford 3 lines: DCD 13", Tonner DC Stars, and DC Archive Editions. That pretty much eats up my collecting budget.

Yeah, I think this new version corrects all of the problems of the first release. V2 has a smaller @supes@ , longer cape, and better headsculpt.

Forgot about her...Umm.. probably not.

Aww - come on! You know you want her. ....errr...wait a second. Well, you know what I mean!

Jase - You made a point that I noticed too. Smaller @supes@ . I think I like this Superman better than the other.

Yeah, I think this new version corrects all of the problems of the first release. V2 has a smaller @supes@ , longer cape, and better headsculpt.

Forgot about her...Umm.. probably not.

Aww - come on! You know you want her. ....errr...wait a second. Well, you know what I mean!

Jase - You made a point that I noticed too. Smaller @supes@ . I think I like this Superman better than the other.

Yeah V1 had a huge @supes@ shield.

Since I'll be picking up Supes V2, I'm considering displaying my Supes V1 in the Clark Kent outfit. Hmmm.....

Bingo.

:) :) If I knew they'll release V2 back then, I wouldn't purchase V1. The big S and the funny cape which is short to the ankle and doesn't even tuck into his neck really bug me! I just leave him as MISB since it looks better that way.

I love the 13"Superman Returns. I don't know, at first I hate the outfit. But after seeing the movie and the 13" figure, I dearly love it now.

As for V2, I don't know. I would have to see it in person. If I could sell V1, then I'll definitely be getting V2.

Jase Posted Feb 20 2007, 03:10 AM

Since I'll be picking up Supes V2, I'm considering displaying my Supes V1 in the Clark Kent outfit. Hmmm.....

Go for it Jase, i recall watching a preview clip for Look Up in the Sky and two of the interviewees had V1 Supes and Clark in the background display.

Made my orders for two Supes V2 at my LCS today, it comes a week after my birthday, brilliant!

Reminator Posted Yesterday, 10:28 PM

smile.gif smile.gif If I knew they'll release V2 back then, I wouldn't purchase V1. The big S and the funny cape which is short to the ankle and doesn't even tuck into his neck really bug me! I just leave him as MISB since it looks better that way.

Dude, i think V2 suffers the same fate, based on the preview pix.

Reminator Posted Yesterday, 10:28 PM

I love the 13"Superman Returns. I don't know, at first I hate the outfit. But after seeing the movie and the 13" figure, I dearly love it now.

Same here, he's quite a fun toy to play around with. The costume's material seems much more durable than other DCD 13"s.

Jase Posted Feb 20 2007, 03:10 AM

Go for it Jase, i recall watching a preview clip for Look Up in the Sky and two of the interviewees had V1 Supes and Clark in the background display.

Made my orders for two Supes V2 at my LCS today, it comes a week after my birthday, brilliant!

Nice birthday gift!! So why two of them Shaun?

Jase Posted Today, 01:55 AM

Errm, cos I really like Supes. I've got two of V1 and SR as well, so I'll be picking up a second supes V2 to keep boxed. Just tried to fool my best pal to put down a deposit at my LCS for V2 supes, didn't work unfortunately. :D Ah there's still the wife to work my magic on. If the cape were removable like SR, I'd seriously consider another to put Clark's clothes on.

Jase Posted Today, 01:55 AM

Errm, cos I really like Supes. I've got two of V1 and SR as well, so I'll be picking up a second supes V2 to keep boxed. Just tried to fool my best pal to put down a deposit at my LCS for V2 supes, didn't work unfortunately. :D Ah there's still the wife to work my magic on. If the cape were removable like SR, I'd seriously consider another to put Clark's clothes on.

Well obviously you must have a second Hot Toys Superman Returns that you will sell to me....for a good price. :D

dude, honestly I wish I did, really regret not picking up another one. They were literally gone in a day here in Singapore. Ok I guess I need to put a disclaimer as follows. Shaun attempts to get two copies of Superman where budget permits. Would've offered it to you when you pmed me initially Jase.

dude, honestly I wish I did, really regret not picking up another one. They were literally gone in a day here in Singapore. Ok I guess I need to put a disclaimer as follows. Shaun attempts to get two copies of Superman where budget permits. Would've offered it to you when you pmed me initially Jase.

That's cool, thanks Shaun! I'll get one someday.....maybe for my birthday next month. :)

Well, since you bumped it...

I for one am looking forward to this one, for two reasons. One, its Superman, and two, it'll be the last 13" figure until Martian Manhunter in late May. I've bought the entire line in about a 2 month span, and yes my Green Lantern finally arrived, and its probably the best of the bunch. Wasn't really expecting it to be, but that figure just seems so "dead on" in appearance. Pretty disappointed in Two-Face, but its still not as bad as some have said.

Well, at least our wallets can take a well deserved break from this line for a little while.

Yeah as much as I love this line, the break will be nice. Getting hit with 3 in about a months time is a lot. I'm sure it's worse when you're playing catchup!! This will give me a chance to work the next Tonner (I know you love them so!) into the budget.

I am excited for Martian Manhunter though!