How plentiful are Marvel Icons 12 inch figures?

Deathlok2001

LOL.. I do not believe that ..... After all, Hasbro is making them, so they will crank out the numbers.......... Why are some toy stores marking them up so much? Here in Canada, I have seen Thor for $60 Canadian dollars!

LOL

@loll@

the hasbro ones are really easy to find.........at least for me. $20 each

Yes, but thats not what I am asking.... how are they production numbers wise?

Actaully what you asked was

"are they hard to find"

"why are stores charging so much for them"

& he told you at least for one, they are both cheaper at retail & easy to find :P

What more do you want?

I guess he told me :rolleyes:

How would anybody know the production numbers??? It's a lot, considering they are everywhere in plentiful numbers.

There's ways to guess. Based on earlier exclusive toy releases that were NUMBERED, the numbers are bound to be in excess of 100,000 units, and possibly as high as 200,000-- though that would depend on the numbers of cases seen in shelves.

Since TRU and Zellers seem to be the chains that have been confirmed as carrying the line up here, and seem to be getting in only one or two cases, at most, ........and since there's about 50+ TRU's in Canada and 350 Zellers in Canada figure MAYBE something like 1000-1500 cases--maybe 2000-2500 if you include the small retailers like collectible toy stores and comic shops.

Given the assortments in the cases you can get an idea of the numbers of figures that would be available in Canada itself.

Doing the calculations for the States would go along similar lines--find the stores that carry the line, find how many stores are in that chain, get an idea of how much they seem to stock and then add in about another 10-20% and you have an APPROXIMATE figure.

If folks are seeing more of these toys, then the production numbers can edge higher, if they are seeing less--well, nudge them down some.

How would anybody know the production numbers??? It's a lot, considering they are everywhere in plentiful numbers.

There's ways to guess. Based on earlier exclusive toy releases that were NUMBERED, the numbers are bound to be in excess of 100,000 units, and possibly as high as 200,000-- though that would depend on the numbers of cases seen in shelves.

Since TRU and Zellers seem to be the chains that have been confirmed as carrying the line up here, and seem to be getting in only one or two cases, at most, ........and since there's about 50+ TRU's in Canada and 350 Zellers in Canada figure MAYBE something like 1000-1500 cases--maybe 2000-2500 if you include the small retailers like collectible toy stores and comic shops.

Given the assortments in the cases you can get an idea of the numbers of figures that would be available in Canada itself.

Doing the calculations for the States would go along similar lines--find the stores that carry the line, find how many stores are in that chain, get an idea of how much they seem to stock and then add in about another 10-20% and you have an APPROXIMATE figure.

If folks are seeing more of these toys, then the production numbers can edge higher, if they are seeing less--well, nudge them down some.

I hear what you're saying, but you might as well just approximate the number of stars in the solar system while you are at it. Any number would be nothing more than a complete guess and most likely not anywhere close to the actual number. And what would be the point in even guessing? His question really made no sense...just because he saw one for a jacked up price that is not really an indication that something is "rare." I go to LCS's all the time and see crap that can be had on Ebay for a 1/4 of the price being asked there...doesn't make it rare. Just means the store owner doesn't understand the principles of supply and demand.

HA!

Anyways, I am gona high jack this thread & go and ask how are the toybiz icons doing at places?.. Are there any left or are they all sold out?..

alll i see is beast......occasionaly ill see a spidey or hulk or even venom (all regular price).....but pretty much 90% of the toybiz icons i see are grey beast

HA!

Anyways, I am gona high jack this thread & go and ask how are the toybiz icons doing at places?.. Are there any left or are they all sold out?..

Well, I am going to go back to zellers & check. They had 2 thor & 1 wolvie left, that was on wednesday.

alll i see is beast......occasionaly ill see a spidey or hulk or even venom (all regular price).....but pretty much 90% of the toybiz icons i see are grey beast

yeah.. all I see are grey Beasts pretty much... and maskless Caps

I have seen 2 Blue Beasts, about 5 Spidermans, 1 or 2 maskless Spidermans, and that is it.

I never saw Hulk or Venom in stores because they came after I left for London and were all gone when I came home. Thankfully, I was able to order them from TRU. I think they are the two best Icon figures out.

The Hasbro Icons blow. They are too cheap looking and come in crappy packaging. I really wanted Thor, but he looks horrible. He needs some damn paint on his skin.. it looks like he is dying

The new Hasbro Icons are plentiful here. Don't know production figs but I think the case ratios are 3 Thors to one Wolvie. My fave Icons are Masked Cap and Venom. I am not a Hulk fan but I do really like his Icon fig and am excited about World War Hulk this Spring (sorry, I know not the comic forum).