Why was Schwarzenegger never a Joe??

Lady Jaye

You know I loved the real life characters in GI JOE. I wonder why Arnold Schwarzenegger was never picked to become a Joe??? Most of his 80's movies involved soldiers and were popular with kids, I know I loved em!! I think it would have been awesome growing up with Schwarzy as a Joe!!

Which character would you have liked to have seen, Matrix (Commando), Dutch (Predator), or Kaminsky (Raw Deal)

What other characters could have been Joes??

The entire Predator squad, they could have been an awesome subset!

Dillon

Billy

Blaine

Mac

Poncho

Hawkins

Rambo

Colonel Troutman (would have been an awesome commander)

Delta Force squad (then maybe we wouldn't have suffered through the Karate Commandoes!!)

What characters could have been Cobra agents!! (And please don't say the Predator, try to keep it realistic)

Bennet (Commando)

C'mon, Predator would be perfect for Star Brigade! :)

I don't think many characters would fare well as G.I.Joes. Maybe the Predator team, but that's about it. Don't think anyone would make a proper Joe. Not even John Mclane (sp?) would be able to hold his own as a Joe! Breaks too many rules...

-Kevin

You know I loved the real life characters in GI JOE. I wonder why Arnold Schwarzenegger was never picked to become a Joe??? Most of his 80's movies involved soldiers and were popular with kids, I know I loved em!! I think it would have been awesome growing up with Schwarzy as a Joe!!

Which character would you have liked to have seen, Matrix (Commando), Dutch (Predator), or Kaminsky (Raw Deal)

What other characters could have been Joes??

The entire Predator squad, they could have been an awesome subset!

Dillon

Billy

Blaine

Mac

Poncho

Hawkins

Rambo

Colonel Troutman (would have been an awesome commander)

Delta Force squad (then maybe we wouldn't have suffered through the Karate Commandoes!!)

What characters could have been Cobra agents!! (And please don't say the Predator, try to keep it realistic)

Bennet (Commando)

you know i was just watching commando and thought the same thing.

cause Arnold took out some 200 guys and the 2 main villains and only caught 2 bullets.

commando is the definitive g.i. joe version of Arnold i would think. predator Arnold being a close second.

i did see on joe customs that someone made the entire squad from predator.

cause Arnold took out some 200 guys and the 2 main villains and only caught 2 bullets.

commando is the definitive g.i. joe version of Arnold i would think. predator Arnold being a close second.

I take it you watched it on AMC??? @smilepunch@ As did I!!

@loll@

wasn't that jfak?

to me, arnold is not an american...even though he is king of california... which is why he isnt a joe... his character's, however, are even too good at killing to be joes...kinda like rambo.... theyre all too crazy to be joe characters in my joe verse. i do think that the terminator and all his robot buddies would make a great addition to mindbenders bats though. i guess i don't really like incorporating real life characters in with gijoe.

wasn't that jfak?

to me, arnold is not an american...even though he is king of california... which is why he isnt a joe... his character's, however, are even too good at killing to be joes...kinda like rambo.... theyre all too crazy to be joe characters in my joe verse. i do think that the terminator and all his robot buddies would make a great addition to mindbenders bats though. i guess i don't really like incorporating real life characters in with gijoe.

You've got a point about his "craziness" but there are plenty of non-American Joes.

Commando had it's own toyline. Same with Rambo.

Commando never had it's own toy line!! Rambo did, but it was a tie in for the crappy cartoon, Which was the reason why the Rocky Balboa figure was pulled from the GI JOE line, since Ideal had the rights to the Stallone likeness!

And wow, those figures look sharp, and alot like the characters they're supposed to represent!! Awesome!!

Edit: Woh, sorry to have doubted ya Hamsterboy, they did indeed have Commando toys!! Aint that a #$#@#, stuf you miss as a kid!!Commando toys

Lesseee here...

There's all kinds of possibilities....

Let's try:

The A-Team-but they were 3 3/4" figures too.

Chuck Norris-almost any of the characters he played

Steven Seagal -same thing

Jackie Chan

Sho Kushogi ( sp?)(Black Eagle?)

Jean Claude Van Damme-but he had some figures too.

Chow Yun Fat--watch Hard Boiled and tell me he's not fit for GIJOE (soley on the action sequences)

Bruce Willis

Michael Behin(sp), or Charlie Sheen from Navy SEALs?

Mel Gibson

BRUCE LEE!!!!

Lewis Collins from Who Dares Wins/The Final Option

Tom Cruise ( Top Gun or Mission Impossible)

Robert Deniro, Val Kilmer, Tom Sizemore from Heat--maybe as bad guys.

Barry Bostwick from Megaforce ( Deeds, not Words, baby!) It literally IS GIJOE.

Demi Moore from GIJane

Any of the guys from Blackhawk Down

Richard Burton, Roger Moore, Rihard Harris from the Wild Geese

Edward Woodward from the Equalizer

Richard Dean Anderson from Macguyver

Anyone from Stargate, or Stargate SG-1--but again, they had figures.

Jurassic Park--again, they got figures.

Other characters:

Stringfellow Hawk, Dominic Santini and Archangel from Air Wolf

James Bond

The Saint

Maybe some of the folks from the Final Countdown?

Just about any modern military or action adventure flick from the past 30 years could have someone that might fit.

Aw, Arrow! you beat me to it! Airwolf would be balls awesome as a Joe vehicle! hahaha, and MacGuyver too, I thought I was gonna be the only person that came up with those 2 choices

I take it you watched it on AMC??? @smilepunch@ As did I!!

@loll@

that i did.

Aw, Arrow! you beat me to it! Airwolf would be balls awesome as a Joe vehicle! hahaha, and MacGuyver too, I thought I was gonna be the only person that came up with those 2 choices

Ya gotta be quick, man...........yagottabeQUICK!

Here's two more that got missed--and both had figures too:

Blue Thunder and Magnum PI

Predator eventually got its own toyline in the early 90's. They never produced the army guys from the movie, but they were created with the intent of making them, but I guess the alien's marines sold really poorly and eventually the line itself fizzled out.

I always liked the alien's marines, though they wouldn't fit in Joe I'd like to own those 3 3/4" figures that were made in Japan.

To add to the list I'd like to see Clint Eastwood from Dirty Harry.

Really I'm just upset that the Fridge made it as a Joe and Sweetness never did? C'mon I'd much rather own a Payton joe.

pesatyel- i know there were joes who weren't born in america but they would have to be citizens when the joined up so yeah... americans. i won't get into why arnold isn't an american to me... it has nothing to do with race or anything. its mostly political. kinda like how i think hilary clinton is either the anti-christ or a robot. :)

If I remember correctly, wasn't Rocky Balboa supposed to be a Joe but they canned the idea. I think I saw it on yojoe. If someone could find it and post it that would be great.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Rocky Balboa supposed to be a Joe but they canned the idea. I think I saw it on yojoe. If someone could find it and post it that would be great.

yes, HASBRO and MARVEL wanted to make him a joe but Rocky's people said "no"

little known fact.......my attorney is Sylvestor Stallone's cousin!

as for arnie being a joe, he probably wanted too much.

Yes, this is true.

The very first Marvel GIJOE Order of Battle comic series had a entry for Rocky Balboa-he was to be a pugilsim instructor.

Unfortunately, Hasbro and Marvel didn't get proper clearance from Stallone's people and the deal they had planned died.

Apparently, there was a figure in the works that would have exploited some of the parts from Big Boa.

Marvel had to print a retraction in the remaining issues of that series to cover their asses.

Lesseee here...

There's all kinds of possibilities....

Let's try:

The A-Team-but they were 3 3/4" figures too...

My cousins had a TON of A-Team stuff when I was younger. They were 2-8 years older than me, so I don't remember the specifics, as I was only 3 or 4...but I remember playing with them.

They also had loads of vintage Star Wars and MOTU stuff.

Too bad their dad was abusive, and they lost all of this stuff in the chaos that evolved around their lives as kids.

I also remember the 6 inch A-Team line, as I had Murdock, BA, Face and Hannibal in this scale. They came with guns, and toolboxes full of tools. I still have 3 of the 4 figures (Face is somewhere in a wooded area in Minnesota...lost him on a trip to visit relatives there...actually, some of my older cousins threw him into the woods and I could never find him), but they're missing the majority of their accessories. :(

Was Airwolf the movie with the semi that hid the helicopter inside of it?

If not, what was the name of that movie, if anyone can remember?

pesatyel- i know there were joes who weren't born in america but they would have to be citizens when the joined up so yeah... americans. i won't get into why arnold isn't an american to me... it has nothing to do with race or anything. its mostly political. kinda like how i think hilary clinton is either the anti-christ or a robot. :)

No offense, and I know it won't happen due to our constitution, but if Arnold was running in '08, I'd probably vote for him over all of the people I've seen that are in the running thus far. @lol@

I'm pretty sure there was a Joe sized Blue Thunder toy. I have some vague recollections of a friend having one. As for the TV show that featured the helicopter that became the cab of the truck, I can't recall the name but I remember in being on the old TNN (The Nashville Network) after a pilot on NBC.