Settle this please: SPIDER-MAN 3 movie toys--big difference in scale?

Fraggus

I am kinda confused here....I have been hearing a few different things...but in regards to the upcoming toys based off Spider-Man 3 are they going to be SMALLER than the previous Spider-Man movie toy offerings or.....?

I am wondering why Hasbro would do something like this? I mean it's cool if they want to make their own figures and make them different, but why bother ruining a great scale like 6 inches?

I mean just how big will the difference be? For instance if I take a Spider-Man figure from Toy Biz's 1st movie and put him up against a battle with Venom from Spider-Man 3 will he tower over poor Venom?

This is kinda depressing :(

Thanks!

I am wondering why Hasbro would do something like this?

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that.... @loll@

Sigh....say it ain't so!!! Now I saw the Ghost Rider toys and they ...well..could have been done better lets say...I let that go...I saw the Marvel Legends stuff and finally got my Beast figure...he wasn't the greatest but still cool....

...now.....now they have royally F*#*ED with my Spider-Man 3 movie toys and I'm sooooo pissed!!!

Sigh....say it ain't so!!! Now I saw the Ghost Rider toys and they ...well..could have been done better lets say...I let that go...I saw the Marvel Legends stuff and finally got my Beast figure...he wasn't the greatest but still cool....

...now.....now they have royally F*#*ED with my Spider-Man 3 movie toys and I'm sooooo pissed!!!

What was your gripe with the Ghost Rider toys? I thought they were actually pretty cool. And given the timing they were probably already in development with Toy Biz which would explain why they don't suck as bad as Hasbro's new movie toys.

The answer is these along with the FF movie figures are 5" scale. They are not going to mix with well with your previous 6" figures. Hasbro is releasing other characters from previous movies in this line as well, but essentially this is a completly new line, not a continuation of toy biz' stuff.

What was your gripe with the Ghost Rider toys? I thought they were actually pretty cool. And given the timing they were probably already in development with Toy Biz which would explain why they don't suck as bad as Hasbro's new movie toys.

They were, Ghost rider was delayed almost a year and ToyBiz had plans to support the movie with toys. Only reason I think we even got Ghost Rider toys at all was because they were all basically done at ToyBiz.

The big reason for the scale change can be attributed to money. At $8 a pop and a whole inch shorter, Hasbro has a better profit margin than on equivalant 6" offerings, and I feel it makes the 6" legends line a bit more attractive at its current $10 pricetag (right now, we have "kiddy" toys at $8, what real incentive is there to get Legends when you can get similarly scaled Spider-man or Ghost Rider, or the upcoming Marvel Heroes, toys for $2 less?)

I don't like the 5" scale one bit. If worst comes to worst Ill just make Spidey 3 customs.