Pictures of New Legends!

Hyperion

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, the only one that I find decent is Quicksilver, although I've never been a huge fan of the green costume. I'm thinking I'll stick to the regulars, especially YJ, but what matters is how they look as finished products. Any Jean Grey figure, is a pass for me...she's the most haggard ML figure I've seen yet @lol@

I could be wrong, but the body for Quicksilver looks like a complete reissue of the Banshee body mold. I hope I'm wrong, not because I don't like the mold, I just don't want to read MORE complaints about HML.

I hope that's not the case, because if you can't really position Quicksilver's legs in a running pose, that'll be a bummer, or at least I think so. Maybe it's just me, but I find Banshee's legs to be limited in movement, I don't want to see that happen to Quicksilver here as well.

Man, I must be really picky, because I didn't like series one, am skeptical about series two and these variants - to me -- are awful. Though there may be a few gains by going to Hasbro, the "realism" Toybiz at least attempted in many of their figs seems just plain gone with no hope of returning. Yes, Toybiz had some disappointments to be sure, but they certainly seemed to give greater effort to the details that take these things from plain painted plastic toys to something that looks like it stepped out of the pages of the comics.

so far, to me, what hasbro has done right is better paint apps, plastic quality and 4 descent figures:

iron man, x3 beast, emma and iron spidey, and this two still have some flaws. the second wave looks great though, compared to this first one, but the varianst are a shame, really.

The Jean variant should do one valuable thing: convince Hasbro NEVER to put out a movie figure in this line again. Outside of the BAF piece, nobody is going to wait her. Complete waste of plastic.

Which makes them 0 for 2 on female figs so far, as well. Two complete disasters. Hopefully they don't screw up She-Hulk, too...she looks good to me thus far, though.

Ya because NO ONE wants Emma or Jean... :rolleyes:

The regular version of Jean looks fine. The variant, however though, is still questionable.

Do they want them? Maybe you should take a poll, because I think you are confusing what you like versus what the consensus of MOST people around here is. Emma is a completely awful figure and about 95% of people that have stated an opinion on it have said the same. As far as Jean, most collectors are not that interested in movie figures to begin with and this pathetic attempt at a "variant" is not helping. I am a huge X-fan and have every X figure made in the ML line w/ the exception of Cable (missed him at retail and have simply never had the opportunity to pick one up), X3 Beast and Emma. I have tried to force myself to buy that POS numerous time and can't do it. If you like 'em, that's great for you...but if you think you are speaking for the majority of collectors you are kidding yourself.

The Jean variant should do one valuable thing: convince Hasbro NEVER to put out a movie figure in this line again. Outside of the BAF piece, nobody is going to wait her. Complete waste of plastic.

Which makes them 0 for 2 on female figs so far, as well. Two complete disasters. Hopefully they don't screw up She-Hulk, too...she looks good to me thus far, though.

The regular version of Jean looks fine. The variant, however though, is still questionable.

Do they want them? Maybe you should take a poll, because I think you are confusing what you like versus what the consensus of MOST people around here is. Emma is a completely awful figure and about 95% of people that have stated an opinion on it have said the same. As far as Jean, most collectors are not that interested in movie figures to begin with and this pathetic attempt at a "variant" is not helping. I am a huge X-fan and have every X figure made in the ML line w/ the exception of Cable (missed him at retail and have simply never had the opportunity to pick one up), X3 Beast and Emma. I have tried to force myself to buy that POS numerous time and can't do it. If you like 'em, that's great for you...but if you think you are speaking for the majority of collectors you are kidding yourself.

Excuse me? I'm not the one saying EVERYONE likes/dislikes them. You said yourself that they were complete disasters, meaning no one at all likes them. I'm not saying that everyone like the X3 Jean figure or Emma, but people do. I own Emma, and I'm a little disappointed with her head, but the rest of her figure is great. And I doubt 95% of people thought she was completely aweful, maybe just that she was flawed.

Besides, on an existing pole, 75% of people on the boards are saying that they think Marvel Legends should stay with Hasbro. Not all of them loved series 1, mind you. They were disappointed, but they're willing to give Hasbro time to improve. So it seems like you and the other people that dislike Hasbro are the minority here. You guys are just the loudest.

Excuse me? I'm not the one saying EVERYONE likes/dislikes them. You said yourself that they were complete disasters, meaning no one at all likes them. I'm not saying that everyone like the X3 Jean figure or Emma, but people do. I own Emma, and I'm a little disappointed with her head, but the rest of her figure is great. And I doubt 95% of people thought she was completely aweful, maybe just that she was flawed.

Besides, on an existing pole, 75% of people on the boards are saying that they think Marvel Legends should stay with Hasbro. Not all of them loved series 1, mind you. They were disappointed, but they're willing to give Hasbro time to improve. So it seems like you and the other people that dislike Hasbro are the minority here. You guys are just the loudest.

So now it just seems you arguing for the sake of arguing. Show me where I said "everyone" dislikes them...because I didn't. A "complete disaster" does not mean 100% of people hated something or didn't buy something (some people will obviously buy anything)...if that's the way you interpret it, that is your own fault. All it simply means is that in the mind of "MOST" (notice I keep saying 'most' and not 'everyone' like you suggested) collectors it is one of the worst figures in the history of the ML line. It's hands-down the worst figure in the first Hasbro series. If you don't believe me, I challenged you take a poll but you know you won't because you already know the answer, don't you?

As for the existing poll about Hasbro overall, maybe you need to go take another look at thread...because I have MULTIPLE posts in there where I said I am still on the fence. I didn't care much for Series 1 but am willing to see what they have to offer going forward. I am far from being the typical Hasbro hater who is going to bag on every single thing they do...but I also don't blindly buy obvious POS figures just because they come in a Marvel legends package like some people around here, either. And why you brought that up anyway is beyond me...people were discussing a few figures, nobody was talking about the whole line overall. Again, it looks like you are just trying to start something.

Like I said...post a poll and prove me wrong about Emma. I'll be happy to come back here and eat my words.

So now it just seems you arguing for the sake of arguing. Show me where I said "everyone" dislikes them...because I didn't. A "complete disaster" does not mean 100% of people hated something or didn't buy something (some people will obviously buy anything)...if that's the way you interpret it, that is your own fault. All it simply means is that in the mind of "MOST" (notice I keep saying 'most' and not 'everyone' like you suggested) collectors it is one of the worst figures in the history of the ML line. It's hands-down the worst figure in the first Hasbro series. If you don't believe me, I challenged you take a poll but you know you won't because you already know the answer, don't you?

As for the existing poll about Hasbro overall, maybe you need to go take another look at thread...because I have MULTIPLE posts in there where I said I am still on the fence. I didn't care much for Series 1 but am willing to see what they have to offer going forward. I am far from being the typical Hasbro hater who is going to bag on every single thing they do...but I also don't blindly buy obvious POS figures just because they come in a Marvel legends package like some people around here, either. And why you brought that up anyway is beyond me...people were discussing a few figures, nobody was talking about the whole line overall. Again, it looks like you are just trying to start something.

Like I said...post a poll and prove me wrong about Emma. I'll be happy to come back here and eat my words.

I do apologize for misreading your posts in this thread as well as the other. That was my fault. Emma is probably the worst figure in wave 1 from Habro, but I don't think she was one of the worst of all time. IMHO, X-23 was. I actually took her off of my X-Men ML display just because she stood out too much. And I might add that Emma looks a LOT better if you take her cape off and put her in a cool pose.

I'm not trying to make anyone eat their words by any means, but I'm just tired of people seeing one bad figure and just blaming Hasbro. All of the complaining about Hasbro is general is extremely annoying.

And I'm not directing that at all at you bigbowski, because like you said, you're on the fence and giving it a shot. I just get mixed up as to who's on which side now-a-days. And sorry for taking my frustration about the Hasbro ML and movie figure haters out on you.

And for the record, I don't buy ANYTHING, just anything X-Men ;)

I really love the quicksilver variant.

The Yellowjacket looks better than the regular, but its not really that diffterent to justify a variant. This is the version they should have just given us as the normal, and thrown out the plans for the bright yellow version.

The dark phoenix variant is also a huge waste. I doubt I would pick it up.

I'm really not liking the fact that finger articulation seems to be a thing of the past for the most part. Now we're stuck with a YJ who has one hand forever posed in a Karate chop, and the other, a clinched fist. :(

Quicksilver is sporting his FA Green/white costume!

That's why I'd want the green suit version, I'd love to have him in my Brotherhood setup.

Hmm, the only one that I find decent is Quicksilver, although I've never been a huge fan of the green costume. I'm thinking I'll stick to the regulars, especially YJ, but what matters is how they look as finished products. Any Jean Grey figure, is a pass for me...she's the most haggard ML figure I've seen yet @lol@

I could be wrong, but the body for Quicksilver looks like a complete reissue of the Banshee body mold. I hope I'm wrong, not because I don't like the mold, I just don't want to read MORE complaints about HML.

I hope that's not the case, because if you can't really position Quicksilver's legs in a running pose, that'll be a bummer, or at least I think so. Maybe it's just me, but I find Banshee's legs to be limited in movement, I don't want to see that happen to Quicksilver here as well.

I think he uses Bulleye's body, which is a good thing. Look at the shoulders, hands and feet. They have articulation. Banshee doesnt possed any hinge shoulder articulation so it is less likely they used that mold. I thought they used Antman's, but QS has a swivel wrist while Antman doesn't. Maybe they did new lower arms.

It woulda been cool if the YJ variant was minus the goggles so you could see his eyes, like he's been sporting in the comics lately, then it woulda been worth getting.

It woulda been cool if the YJ variant was minus the goggles so you could see his eyes, like he's been sporting in the comics lately, then it woulda been worth getting.

The eyes are some of the weaker points of Hasbro's ML, so maybe it would have worked out half as good as you'd hope.....but I know what you mean.

Phoenix is still a joke!!!

Anyone have an ML6 dark phoenic MOc that could sell to me at cost? :P

Cause once this one comes out...the old one will go even higher in $$$$....

I feel sorry for those who don't own her yet :(

Hasbro..thank you for saving me money....now I can buy DC figs instead ;)

I do apologize for misreading your posts in this thread as well as the other. That was my fault. Emma is probably the worst figure in wave 1 from Habro, but I don't think she was one of the worst of all time. IMHO, X-23 was. I actually took her off of my X-Men ML display just because she stood out too much. And I might add that Emma looks a LOT better if you take her cape off and put her in a cool pose.

I'm not trying to make anyone eat their words by any means, but I'm just tired of people seeing one bad figure and just blaming Hasbro. All of the complaining about Hasbro is general is extremely annoying.

And I'm not directing that at all at you bigbowski, because like you said, you're on the fence and giving it a shot. I just get mixed up as to who's on which side now-a-days. And sorry for taking my frustration about the Hasbro ML and movie figure haters out on you.

And for the record, I don't buy ANYTHING, just anything X-Men ;)

No harm done. You and I seem to agree more often than not, I don't think it's the end of the world if we disagree on a couple of figures, lol. For the record, I agree...X-23 is a horrible figure. She fell down in my display months ago and I never picked it up, lol.

There is quite a bit of complaining going around, I agree. I think it is always like this to a degree...remember when Legendary Riders came out? Most people seemed to think that was the worst wave ever and Scarlett Manwitch is easily one of the worst figures ever. There were countless threads about those when they came out that were shredding them. But I think the complaining is definitely up a notch for Hasbro, though, because some people are expecting (or wanting) them to fall down on their face.

Anyway..we're cool, don't sweat it. #US1#