Storm Shadow Ongoing starting in May

qeelocke

Mods can feel free to move this if they see fit, just thought everyone would like to know...

Storm_Shadow_1A.jpgStorm_Shadow_1B_PX.jpg

G.I. Joe: Storm Shadow #1

Frequency of Publication: Monthly Ongoing Series

Intended Audience: Teen Readers: TR 12+

Genre: Action/Adventure, Military/Espionage, Martial Arts.

Format: Standard Comic, 32 pgs, FC, Saddle Stitched.

Retail Price: Cover A - $3.50 Cover B - $9.99 (Card stock foil cover/Previews Exclusive)

Ship Date/Month: May

UPC Code: Cover A - 882142-00148-00101 Cover A - 882142-00148-00102

Author: Larry Hama (G.I. Joe, Wolverine)

Artist: Mark Robinson (Bloodrayne, Witchblade)

Cover Artist: A - Sean Murphy

Synopsis:

The life of Thomas Arashikage has taken him down paths that have allied him with both G.I. Joe AND Cobra.

Now he's away from both sides of the war, and getting into trouble all his own!

Storm Shadow returns in his own monthly title written by his creator Larry Hama!

Friend and enemy. Hero and villain. Criminal and victim.

LARRY HAMA is back for more G.I. JOE!

Thanks - Sam

this is a dream come true for me. THANK YOU DDP best news in a long long time

another ongoing

Larry Hama writting it

Ninja/Japanese centered

Storm Shadow my favorite characters gets the title name

nice! good news for hama fans. is anyone else miffed about the $10 variant covers tho? i couldnt find the normal declassified cover sometimes and had to fork over $7 (or whatever it was) for the expensive cover. is anyone really excited about spending so much for a 20 page book?

nevertheless, i'm looking forward to this...

nice! good news for hama fans. is anyone else miffed about the $10 variant covers tho? i couldnt find the normal declassified cover sometimes and had to fork over $7 (or whatever it was) for the expensive cover. is anyone really excited about spending so much for a 20 page book?

nevertheless, i'm looking forward to this...

ya I am not too thrilled at the expense of the 2nd cover but this is the first time in my life that I told my comic shop to actually get me both covers. I will be doing this to show my support for this comic as its something I have always wanted to see

AWSOME! sounds like the kung fu series? only instead of kane we have storm shadow! pretty cool storm shadow wanders around the globe kickin ass!!! :) i will be geting this one for sure!

TM

Sounds great, it's nice to have Larry back! :)

I hope ninja fans that haven't been buying elite will pick this up! Looks great. I really hope it gives us some conclusions about the status of the new arashakagne clan that ma2 set up and ae managed to rip apart for no good reason.

Seriously, I like Stormy and SE just as much as the next guy, but how long has GI Joe been trying to ride the Karate Kid train now?

SS is probably one of my favorite characters, but my interest in this is somewhere around absolute zero. They've played out the ninja thing for far too long...and even though Hama is present...it still stinks of the same old theme Hasbro has always fallen back on..."when all else fails, let's pull out the ninjas!" :(

I say, BOO!. @grumpy@

well looking at the artist work on bloodrayne http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/001775294.cfm

Id say he is going to kick some serious butt on this comic

This brings up another point...whatever happened to realism in comics?

The artwork in this comic looks like a cross between Pokemon and Dragonball Z. :(

Why does everything have to look so anime? Whatever happened to originality? God forbid, we stray from this asian style of cartoons and comics that has seemed to dominate EVERYTHING for the last ten years...from Pokemon, to Gundum, Akira, to Neon Evangelion...granted, there has been some cool stuff that's come along with it, but why in the hell does GI Joe have to go down this route?

Seriously, I like Stormy and SE just as much as the next guy, but how long has GI Joe been trying to ride the Karate Kid train now?

Karate Kid? Really? That's the best you can do? ;)

C'mon, ninjas have been a staple of American "let's dilute other cultures for the entertainment of our own!" mentality for years, long before, but specifically right around the time G.I.Joe began.

Ninjas are a part of G.I.Joe, always have been. Unlike Star Brigade, Eco-Warriors, and Sgt Savage, ninjas were never forced into GIJoe to cash in on another concept. They grew out of the natural flow of Hama's story, and are integral to the mythos as it's existed since Marvel #21.

SS is probably one of my favorite characters, but my interest in this is somewhere around absolute zero. They've played out the ninja thing for far too long...and even though Hama is present...it still stinks of the same old theme Hasbro has always fallen back on..."when all else fails, let's pull out the ninjas!" :(
Actually, I think Storm Shadow was one of only two characters that warrant a solo series right now. Both he and Flint left the Joe team at the start of the last story arc, and both have huge unresolved problems that make their individual stories ripe for a spotlight. Storm Shadow and the Red Ninjas, or Flint vs the Red Shadows... I think the choice here was obvious.

Storm Shadow's the more popular character, hands down. Hasbro and DDP have built a legion of Ninja allies and enemies that Hama could use to populate his world (Red Ninjas, Night Creepers, Black Dragon, Slice, Dice, Slash, Junko, Sei-Tin, the Ninja Force, Jinx and Budo, etc...). He's got the whole dueling personas thing, years of trauma, and ties to both G.I.Joe and Cobra, making guest appearances by either side a no-brainer.

Lots of potential in that.

The artwork in this comic looks like a cross between Pokemon and Dragonball Z

You did read the solicit info, right? The cover is done by a different artist than the interiors. The same thing is going on with America's Elite. The covers are eye-catching in their stylization, but the story inside looks much different. Granted, that may not be a good business strategy (choosing a polarizing style to advertise the book), but it's hardly something a knowledgable fan should let keep them from making the purchase.

Actually, I think Storm Shadow was one of only two characters that warrant a solo series right now. Both he and Flint left the Joe team at the start of the last story arc, and both have huge unresolved problems that make their individual stories ripe for a spotlight. Storm Shadow and the Red Ninjas, or Flint vs the Red Shadows... I think the choice here was obvious.

exactly what I was thinking, organically these two are the only two characters IMVHO too that warranted a story

now if we can just get Flint leading an international force of Joes ( big ben skymate Budo Backstop the october Guard Action Man ect ectc ) vs the Red Shadows ( nice throw back to the old Action Force UK comics ) then both of my dreams will be finally made!

well looking at the artist work on bloodrayne http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/001775294.cfm

Id say he is going to kick some serious butt on this comic

The artwork in this comic looks like a cross between Pokemon and Dragonball Z. :(

Why does everything have to look so anime? Whatever happened to originality? God forbid, we stray from this asian style of cartoons and comics that has seemed to dominate EVERYTHING for the last ten years...from Pokemon, to Gundum, Akira, to Neon Evangelion...granted, there has been some cool stuff that's come along with it, but why in the hell does GI Joe have to go down this route?

WHO CARES....

HAMA'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) THE GREATEST COMIC WRITER EVER!