GIJoe.com 25th Ann. update

shipwreck73

So, are we going to get this? Interesting, it says Sigma 6, but that is 3 3/4 inch, right? I would still like it. GI JOE SIGMA 6 MISSION: PIRATE ATTACK

that's just a repaint of the 3 3/4 Sting Raider that came with the EEL for VvV. They've converted it for 2.5 use. Which means, they didn't actually do anything to it, they'll just give it new packaging and throw in a 2.5 figure. If you really want one of these, I've got two that I really never use.

Very cool to see indeed! Thanks for sharing.

Just in case anyone missed it...if you go to the bottom of the page from the link in the original post, there's a link to watch some 'toons. If you go there, you can watch 11 old GI Joe episodes. There's also a bunch of Sigma 6 episodes up there.

Of couse, if you have the DVD's from a few years back, it's not that big of a deal...but if you don't, there's a way to enjoy some classic Joe toons. :D

Anyone notice they f*#ked up on the "Cobra Trooper" package art?

They put the Cobra Officer's head on it - little crest and all!!

Ooooops...

We're off to a good start!!!

Still will give them the benefit of the doubt - the Snake Eyes kicks arse!!

I noticed that too. Looks redrawn. That's not even the head from the Officer's original artwork.

MY LORD do I love Hasbro for doing this...these figures look incredible! Great to see all of the fantastic classic characters (YEAH SILVER FACE PLATE COBRA COMMANDER IN BLUE UNIFORM!!!) in their action figure form W/OUT that dinky stupid 'O' Ring thingy...hate that thing..always made the figures loose and break easily! These sculpts are MUCH better...apparently akin to the Super Articulated Clone Troopers from the Star Wars figures! :)

I am wondering something..how many figures are scheduled to be released under the 25th Anniversary banner? I hope they do a crap load!

Also how awesome would it have been if these figures were in a 7-inch scale...like exact same sculpting and detail BUT a little larger..just wishful thinking I guess eh? ;o)

Great link to see the old G.I. Joe cartoons, thanks so much! I've been watching them all night! LOVE in the opening credits where Cobra Commander gets thrown through that plate glass window!...awesome...

OH ...also it would be awesome if Hasbro made G.I. Joe Animated movie toys like Sepentor and Golobulous (sp?)

hahah...and ONE more thing...a Major Bludd, Zartan, Snow Trooper, Crimson Guard would be cool too!

Anyone notice they f*#ked up on the "Cobra Trooper" package art?

They put the Cobra Officer's head on it - little crest and all!!

Ooooops...

We're off to a good start!!!

Still will give them the benefit of the doubt - the Snake Eyes kicks arse!!

I noticed that too. Looks redrawn. That's not even the head from the Officer's original artwork.

They changed the Baroness too. Now she is holding a Knife, and a different gun, and the face has been altered as well.

I was hoping you were talking about the figure!! I still don't like her pug nose! And the glasses a bit on the thick side!! Oh well, at least she doesn't have the massive shoulders!!

doesn't have to do with the link on the thread(which is down for now til later this evening ;) ), but last night on the way home from work, on the local AM news channel I listen, all of a sudden I hear....

"GI JOOOEEEEEEE"

And then the news bit starts talking about how hasbro announced they're getting into clothing, and they're gonna use their top 10 toys and sell shirts, hoodies, hats, caps, etc... with those characters on them.. they also mentioned the TF movie, Star Wars and Mr. Potato head, lol...

anyway, just thought it was interesting, lol.. hearing the GI Joe theme sung on the radio kinda gave me chills(the good kind)... :)