How does G.I. Joe always win?

Crimson Twins

yea but It would Make a hell of a Toy Playset. Id Buy it :)

cobra-desert-base.jpg

Technically, that WAS made into a toy. But it was for a minifigure line, I can't even remember the name of it, but I had that very toy when I was a kid, used it as a Cobra Hq ;)

But it wasn't big, the core part minus the snake head was a little larger than a HISS 2

I can't say as much for the comics, but the cartoon rarely ever showed any of Cobra's "special" forces (H.E.A.T.-Vipers, Night-Vipers, etc.). It was always just Vipers and Blueshirts. Blueshirts were described as "well trained" (including martial arts skills) while later troopers were described more as riff-raff (the Motor Viper, for example, was described as being roughly the same as a Dreadnok), implying less training. Why give intensive training when the cannon fodder can be easily replaced?

Well, considering only Bats and Vipers were available in 1986, when Sunbow ended, I think we were lucky to have seen any diversity, with Motor Vipers and Strato-Vipers at least providing a little bit of specialization.

In the DIC series, however, many of the Cobra troop types got screen time. Operation: Dragonfire featured a Crimson Guardsmen turned Alley Viper (explain to me how that's a step up), and Frag-Vipers, TARGATs, Annihilators, and Night-Vipers were all included in Cobra's ranks throughout the miniseries.

yea but It would Make a hell of a Toy Playset. Id Buy it :)

cobra-desert-base.jpg

Technically, that WAS made into a toy. But it was for a minifigure line, I can't even remember the name of it, but I had that very toy when I was a kid, used it as a Cobra Hq ;)

But it wasn't big, the core part minus the snake head was a little larger than a HISS 2

It's the base from Starriors. That was a cool and under-rated line.