Email from Hasbro about 15 Single packs

dblogan

Hey guys,

Just got an email back from Joe Moscone over at Hasbro asking him about the 15 single packs.

He said the following...

"The 15 single-pack figs will be different figures from what is on

display at '07 Toy Fair.

In the months ahead you can expect to see, hear and learn more!

Joe"

So I guess this confirms it. Thought I let you know.

db

Sweet, so does that mean 16 singles if the cobra soldier is going to be rereleased?

I didn't ask. If the information that has already been said about it is correct, then the figure should be included.

I just wanted to know about if the first ten figures would be included as part of the 15 singles packed figures. That was my original question.

db

THANKS FOR THE NEWS dblogan

at last seems like some think posative from hasbro @faint@

hope they do some troop builders from cobra troopers to DDP style GREEN SHIRTS @?@

which i would like to see that would be cool @cool@

robuk @dumbpc@

@yipee@ @yipee@ @yipee@ @bH@ @yipee@ @argue@ @yipee@ @yipee@ @argue@ @yipee@

Hey guys,

Just got an email back from Joe Moscone over at Hasbro asking him about the 15 single packs.

He said the following...

display at '07 Toy Fair.

Joe"

db

This confirms...what we already knew? I'm confused.

Looks more like a "stock" answer than anything else. I mean it isn't like they even said 15 different CHARACTERS. That is a big difference from 15 different FIGURES. As Draven, I think, pointed out, Snake Eyes version 2 is a possibility. And that would mean we would be getting 2 of the same character which would really suck (and I don't give a damn HOW well liked the version 2 is).

For sake of argument that the 25 are all we are going to get, would anyone REALLY want "repeats" of characters when they had, roughly, a couple hundred characters to choose from?

I would love a snake eyes v2...and a v1 firefly when they get around to it...i dont really care if we get two snake eyes', they are both great versions of the character. A v2 stormshadow would be nice even, but i highly doubt we'll get one. I have the feeling that other than adult collectors, kids will really like these figures too....we'll definitely get a lot out of this line.

bTW- are the multipacks going to be TRU exclusives like in the past or are we going to start seeing five packs at wally world?

-saboteur

Nothing new to be honest, sorry. And yes SE v2 is coming from what I heard, along with Flint, Serpentor, Buzzer, Zartan, Hooded CC and LJ. That is all I have heard through the grapvine.

Draven

Buzzer? Kinda like "too little too late" there. Unless, of course, we get the others down the line.

I mean we've been wanting one ever since, what 2002? NOW they do one?

Nothing new to be honest, sorry. And yes SE v2 is coming from what I heard, along with Flint, Serpentor, Buzzer, Zartan, Hooded CC and LJ. That is all I have heard through the grapvine.

Draven

I was told "the figure assortment list from a while back is correct". So you got those plus Beachhead, Officer, Trooper and maybe someone else I'm forgetting.

Hey guys,

He said the following...

display at '07 Toy Fair.

Joe"

db

This confirms...what we already knew? I'm confused.

Looks more like a "stock" answer than anything else. I mean it isn't like they even said 15 different CHARACTERS. That is a big difference from 15 different FIGURES. As Draven, I think, pointed out, Snake Eyes version 2 is a possibility. And that would mean we would be getting 2 of the same character which would really suck (and I don't give a damn HOW well liked the version 2 is).

For sake of argument that the 25 are all we are going to get, would anyone REALLY want "repeats" of characters when they had, roughly, a couple hundred characters to choose from?

I'm with you 100% on this. I reaally don't want any repeated characters out of the initial 25. If it lasts longer than than it's okay as long as it isn't too often.

Draven

I was told "the figure assortment list from a while back is correct". So you got those plus Beachhead, Officer, Trooper and maybe someone else I'm forgetting.

Yep I remember those now. SO the question is, if we have the right info who will be the last 5-6 figs?

Draven

Draven

Yep I remember those now. SO the question is, if we have the right info who will be the last 5-6 figs?

Draven

Let's see:

SE v2

Flint

LJ

Beachhead

Hooded CC

Zartan

Buzzer

Serpy

Officer

Last 6:

Firefly

Hawk

Mindbender

Wet-Suit

Dusty

Viper

Draven

Draven

Let's see:

SE v2

Flint

LJ

Beachhead

Hooded CC

Zartan

Buzzer

Serpy

Officer

Last 6:

Firefly

Hawk

Mindbender

Wet-Suit

Dusty

Viper

That last 6 sounds pretty solid. The only 2 I might consider potentials yet unmentioned would be Bazooka & Quick Kick.

Draven

Draven

Let's see:

SE v2

Flint

LJ

Beachhead

Hooded CC

Zartan

Buzzer

Serpy

Officer

Last 6:

Firefly

Hawk

Mindbender

Wet-Suit

Dusty

Viper

That last 6 sounds pretty solid. The only 2 I might consider potentials yet unmentioned would be Bazooka & Quick Kick.

I think maybe Alpine instead of Quick Kick due to the fact that they tended to sort of be the odd-couple from the cartoon. All in all I think the figures look great from what we have seen so far :)

Typical retail philosophy means re-using existing tooling, and re-using the "core characters"...just because this is a different line of figures doesn't mean those rules change. I think we should expect multiple versions of Snake Eyes and COBRA Commander, that's the way things have worked over the past 5 years.

However, I wouldn't lambaste Hasbro because of the 25 figure limit...while Hasbro has said there will be at least 25 figures, I wouldn't consider that number the absolute limit. You can bet, based on the positive response these have gotten already, we'll get a bunch more than that.

Justin

Yes I agree, but you also have to take into consideration that this is the 25th anniversary line. These are supposed to be remakes and updates to characters "classic" uniform. I can understand having 3 versions of Snake Eyes because his version 1st, 2nd, and 3rd versions because all were very prominent in the comics and very popular. But making a SE version with the red visor....I cant see that. I can also see them having 3 versions of CC as well. The 3rd one of course being Fred in Battle Armor.

What about this for the last 15

Firefly

Major Bludd

Zartan

cobra officer

Serpentor

tomax

xamot

spirit

Hawk

Stalker

cover girl

Flint

Lady Jaye

Beachhead

jinx

for them not to have bludd and firefly for the cobras and spirit, hawk and stalker seem silly to me. But I guess everyone has their own lists

What about this for the last 15

Firefly

Major Bludd

Zartan

cobra officer

Serpentor

tomax

xamot

spirit

Hawk

Stalker

cover girl

Flint

Lady Jaye

Beachhead

jinx

for them not to have bludd and firefly for the cobras and spirit, hawk and stalker seem silly to me. But I guess everyone has their own lists

Yeah i like your list, especially the BEACHHEAD (my favorite character) and the Cover Girl, who is in my top 5 i really hope the official list is along these lines that would be great for me

The only problem I have with people's lists...not enough Cobras.

I don't mean the individuals. I mean the troopers. Currently, we have Cobra (as he was called back in 83) and Cobra Officer (if you count him as an army builder) and that's it. Airborne's list also includes the Viper, but even that doesn't seem enough. I'd include the Crimson Guard and B.A.T. (how cool would a version 1 updated B.A.T. be?). Maybe Tele-Viper, Snow Serpent and Eel.

Can't have a Cobra army without any Cobras....

Typical retail philosophy means re-using existing tooling, and re-using the "core characters"...just because this is a different line of figures doesn't mean those rules change. I think we should expect multiple versions of Snake Eyes and COBRA Commander, that's the way things have worked over the past 5 years.

However, I wouldn't lambaste Hasbro because of the 25 figure limit...while Hasbro has said there will be at least 25 figures, I wouldn't consider that number the absolute limit. You can bet, based on the positive response these have gotten already, we'll get a bunch more than that.

Justin

I don't think anyone is arguing they SHOULDN'T do repeats. Just that if, for sake of arguement, 25 is ALL we are getting...can we at least get 25 different characters?

If and when the line continues, THEN we can get a second (or third+) version of Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander or whomever.

Justin

I don't think anyone is arguing they SHOULDN'T do repeats. Just that if, for sake of arguement, 25 is ALL we are getting...can we at least get 25 different characters?

If and when the line continues, THEN we can get a second (or third+) version of Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander or whomever.

Plus there were only like 6 Snake Eyes during ARAH (Two of which share the same mold) So they shouldn't be too quick to use up there two most popular version in the first year if they plan on this lasting past the first 25. There are even less version of Cobra Commander and Duke.