The G1 Goodness of Toy Fair

CkRtech

Hey all

Well the news is running crazy and the internet is gushing with pictures now that we are experiencing Toy Fair. I wanted to see what some of you thought specifically about some of the new G1 stuff we are seeing. So much talk has revolved around the movie items, but now we have some extra stuff to write about.

The new G1 busts -

I think these things look pretty good on average. Some look really impressive & others look okay. I have only really seen pictures from a single source so far, and they weren't lit very well & focus could have been better. The bust I am most impressed with is Grimlock. Starscream looks really good and would probably come in second. I need some better pictures...

The busts are smaller than the Palisades busts, but scale seems a lot more appropriate. For instance, Bumblebee's top half is about the same size as Grimlock's left arm (ha!)

All in all, these things put the detail lacking Palisades busts to shame in my opinion. Not sure if the size difference bothers me or not.

The new statues -

Whoa! Omega Supreme will be mine. That statue looks really sweet. The Unicron statue with Arcee, Daniel, and the Quintesson deco looks really nice too.

So it would seem there are some nice "non transforming" products on the horizon. Looking forward to more pictures and the actual release (mid 2007 I think...)

Well, all the stuff I am referring to is Diamond Select. I am not counting on anything good from Hasbro.

Wow any word on how must it will cost?.. Too bad he is in such afunny pose... stil pretty cool... still I hate that pose... but still the cool ness factor.... lol .... :S

best thing I have seen yet out of TF

I dig that grimlock bust as well I may pick it up depending on price and cash flow...

who said its the end of classics. Shouldnt they be back after the movie or after the next line since it was only a filler line?

Hasbro stated that Classics might continue after the movie line along with the Heroes stuff. We can't rule anything out. Right now I think Hasbro is putting all their energy into the movie.

The statues and busts are cool looking but not something I'm interested in collecting unless I was REALLY rich!

Wow any word on how must it will cost?.. Too bad he is in such afunny pose... stil pretty cool... still I hate that pose... but still the cool ness factor.... lol .... :S

I dig that grimlock bust as well I may pick it up depending on price and cash flow...

What, just 'cuz it looks like he is about to take a dump, you think it's a funny pose? @loll@

Still an awesome statue and I'm sure it will be pricey.

What, just 'cuz it looks like he is about to take a dump, you think it's a funny pose? @loll@

HA!! AT least I am not the only one who thinks so! I've never once seen him like that in the cartoon at least I don't think so... If I get a OS statue I want him to be standing tall in al his glory!

Oh come on, guys. You know that squatting poses are "in" with Transformers nowadays. Not that I am a fan, but still....

I guess since they are transforming robots & aren't supposed to be very articulated, the squat pose is the best thing they could come up with.

HA!! AT least I am not the only one who thinks so! I've never once seen him like that in the cartoon at least I don't think so... If I get a OS statue I want him to be standing tall in al his glory!

Yeah, I want him standing, too...could be like a 16 inch statue. Maybe he's squatting because he's tired, lol. Isn't that what would always happen when he appeared in an episode...he would transport the Autobots somehwere but would not be able to join the battle because he was so drained? Maybe this is an homage to "Too pooped to fight OS."

Well I think I recall him sitting in when he told the devistator tale but thats about it... In the episode you are talking about I think he just out right crashed into cybertron and did not have enough energon to even transform!