Marvel Toys(AKA Toy Biz)new Legendary Comic Book series

WAR MONGER

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preordered my set 8 which includes the variants.

Wow, all these great figures and I actually know only about 4 of them. I know who's Conan,WitchBlade,Darkness,Judge Dread,Judge Death,Savage Dragon. Other characters are completely new to me.

The thing with Toybiz is usually the prototypes look great but the final products vary. MOstly they have a problem with paintjobs,platic and QC. Hope they improved with this line.

I'm waiting for Red Sonja~~

Any info on the wave breakdown and release dates? These aren't all going to be first wave release are they?

This is what MT(TB) is saying:

Marvel Toys will cure fan fear of not being able to complete their amazing build-a-figures thanks to evenly packed cases which will hold one full set(which means one full build-a-figure)as well as the variant regular figures from the series.

series 1 is scheduled to hit retailers in July with the second series to follow later this year. If all goes well, Marvel Toys plans to release 3 to 4 new series per year as well as 1/6 scale Icon-style figures too.

HELL YES! ICON-STYLE FIGURES...keep'em coming...HOLY SHIIINTO! I just remembered something, I'm running out of space to display this stuff...WHAT THE FUuuudge....popsickle sticks. @grumpy@ @hmmm@

Wow they look amazing. It's almost a shame they took everything they learned from making MLs and made a line that looks better than the current MLs. And why do the female face sculpts look so good all of a sudden?

I wonder who would carry these tho. I can't imagine Walmart or Target carrying these... would kids really buy these? I only recognize maybe half of these characters, but I am tempted to get them all, since I assume they'll fit in will with MLs and 'cause they looks so cool. I suppose TRUs may carry them - they do carry Spawn toys after all.

The wurd that I heard is they are intended for mass-market retail--chains like Walmart ARE going to be carrying them.

wow!!!! even better than i thought!!!! that pitt figure is HUGE and i love it... i really love the darkness figure. i hope to someday have some wetworks figures...hopefully a grail/assassin one figure. he would have a good shot at getting made since he has a really unique look that really attracts buyers

These just depress me. They look amazing, but I don't care about any of the characters. So they just serve to remind me how great ML would've been if Toybiz had kep doing them.

These are my sentiments exactly. They look sweet, but I know nothing about any of these characters. It would have been cool if they could have done a Spawn figure though.

They are very impressive, but TB's proto's always are! We shall see, but I bet they don't look quite as good when they hit retail. That said, I know very few of the characters but will be picking up the ones I know and few I don't that I like.

Draven

Wow they look amazing. It's almost a shame they took everything they learned from making MLs and made a line that looks better than the current MLs. And why do the female face sculpts look so good all of a sudden?

I wonder who would carry these tho. I can't imagine Walmart or Target carrying these... would kids really buy these? I only recognize maybe half of these characters, but I am tempted to get them all, since I assume they'll fit in will with MLs and 'cause they looks so cool. I suppose TRUs may carry them - they do carry Spawn toys after all.

The wurd that I heard is they are intended for mass-market retail--chains like Walmart ARE going to be carrying them.

My issue is that even if Walmart et al carry them initially...will the line drive enough sales to keep on the shelves NEXT year? Aside from Witchblade (short lived live action series), Savage Dragon (short lived cartoon/toyline), Judge Dredd (mediocre movie), and Conan (cult favorite movie and comic series), NONE of these characters have had any signifant media exposure. And I can already see Pitt and Ripclaw being pegged as Hulk and Wolverine knockoffs by the general populace.

I think ToyBiz has enough weight to get the first wave or two to mass market retailers, but I have a hard time seeing the line with the same sort of longevity that Marvel or DC have.

Yeah, I can't imagine why Wal-Mart would even be willing to carry these when they didn't want to carry half the Marvel characters because they didn't "recognize" them.

Not to mention these are a hell of a lot darker subject matter than most Marvel characters! @Spawnny@

These just depress me. They look amazing, but I don't care about any of the characters. So they just serve to remind me how great ML would've been if Toybiz had kep doing them.

These are my sentiments exactly. They look sweet, but I know nothing about any of these characters. It would have been cool if they could have done a Spawn figure though.

Ya know, there are some really awesome comics out there that are not made by the big 3 comic titans Marvel, DC, & Image. Maybe now would be a good time to bone up on something that isn't just an endless licensing franchise. @peace@

I'm in. Unless Hasbro SERIOUSLY gets it together in the next wave or two, I will be collecting LCBH exclusively.I would rather collect characters that I know nothing about that are up to ML standards than buy Hasbro MLs that my first thought about when I find them on the peg is "it'll look ok after I repaint it." <_< These look awesome.

I'll be getting a case of these for sure. But like other people said, how long can this set last?I'm just glad Pitts in the first wave! I've been waiting for what seems like 10 + years for one, ever since Mcfarlane(I think) said they might do one.

BTW Does anyone think there is a Hulk figure out that might be in scale to Pitt?

Yea, I am sure this is another reason why marvel dumped toybiz to start with if they were working on this stuff on the side... Why would they want the same company using the same sculpts they usefor there marvel stuff helping to pimp out other comic companys stuff yknow ... look at how fast they got this stuff out in the open too...

Yea, I am sure this is another reason why marvel dumped toybiz to start with if they were working on this stuff on the side... Why would they want the same company using the same sculpts they usefor there marvel stuff helping to pimp out other comic companys stuff yknow ... look at how fast they got this stuff out in the open too...

#WTF# have you been @Smoke2@ that's just @bs@... @hammerhead#

When did Hasbro acquire the license for Marvel though? Wasn't it a year ago?

It was announced right before ToyFair 06 that Hasbro would gain the license, but it didn't technically go into retail effect until the first of thise year (granted some stuff made it out sooner, I learned at my Walmart store than a LOT of products were put out in December that shouldn't have, new modular items were recieved and put out before the new mods were to be set, resulting in many stores having "product lulls" since they sold the stock that was supposed to have gone out after the first of the year)