Marvel Toys(AKA Toy Biz)new Legendary Comic Book series

WAR MONGER

Well, here they are at last and better than ever, enjoy!

W A R N I N G ! The graphic nature of some images may be unsuitable for some Hasbro collectors to view. The superior sculpting and paint apps may change the collecting habits of some die hard Hasbro collectors. Please consult your nearest retailer if symptoms of uncontrollable drooling and insomnia arises.

http://photos.superherotimes.com/showgallery.php?cat=1422

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Those are some of the most awesome looking action figures I've ever seen outside of the MU/DCU!

I will be buying all of them as they all look great! I especially can't wait to buy that Conan figure!

I know pretty much everyone in the 2 waves except the Spidey looking guy & the big guy with the little girl? Who are they?

Lord God Almighty, yes!

I'm glad that I don't feel the need to buy all of a Hasbro wave. Gives me more money to throw at these bad boys! *bliss*

I know pretty much everyone in the 2 waves except the Spidey looking guy & the big guy with the little girl? Who are they?

The Spidey-looking guy is 'Star', he's from Erik Larsen's SAVAGE DRAGON. The big guy and little girl are from Jason Pearson's BODY BAGS series. I haven't read that, so I can't tell you their actual names.

Even though for the most part these characters don't mean anything to me, I have to say they all look very impressive.....if the final product turn out like what we're seeing I'll have to get a few of them (Witchblade - The Darkness two pack is at the top of my list). :D

Looks like I found some new figures to add to my wish list. That Darkness, RipClaw and Conan/Devourer of Souls 2pack are the sweetest figs I've seen in a while. Thanks Marvel Toys, I thought Toy Fair was going to be a bust when I heard that Hasbro didn't have any new ML stuff to show but you saved it. @notworthy@

Any info on the wave breakdown and release dates? These aren't all going to be first wave release are they?

W A R N I N G ! The graphic nature of some images may be unsuitable for some Hasbro collectors to view. The superior sculpting and paint apps may change the collecting habits of some die hard Hasbro collectors. Please consult your nearest retailer if symptoms of uncontrollable drooling and insomnia arises.

haha, love the warning.

Wow they look amazing. It's almost a shame they took everything they learned from making MLs and made a line that looks better than the current MLs. And why do the female face sculpts look so good all of a sudden?

I wonder who would carry these tho. I can't imagine Walmart or Target carrying these... would kids really buy these? I only recognize maybe half of these characters, but I am tempted to get them all, since I assume they'll fit in will with MLs and 'cause they looks so cool. I suppose TRUs may carry them - they do carry Spawn toys after all.

haha, love the warning.

@loll@

DAAAYYYYUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!! these are (from these pics) some of the finest action figures to date. hasbro eat your heart out :P i remember a lot of these characters from when i use to collect image comics. yes this means more great fodder for customizers :D

Lord God Almighty, yes!

I'm glad that I don't feel the need to buy all of a Hasbro wave. Gives me more money to throw at these bad boys! *bliss*

The Spidey-looking guy is 'Star', he's from Erik Larsen's SAVAGE DRAGON. The big guy and little girl are from Jason Pearson's BODY BAGS series. I haven't read that, so I can't tell you their actual names.

Clownface & Panda are from the Body Bag series.

LOVE the PITT and Savage Dragon, I'll bet the wave to get PITT and probably sell the others I dont want... kinda cool that "Toy Biz" is still in the Biz.. @loll@

Why are they called "Marvel Toys" lol.. I never got that part.

IN YOUR FACE HASBRO! @smilepunch@

WELCOME BACK TOYBIZ!

I second, or third that!!! @loll@

OMFG!

Those look better than anything in my ML collection!

PITT!!!

Monkeyman and O'brian!

Judge DEATH!

Witchblade!

Darkness!

The girls are actually gorgeous AND articulated!!!

Goodby Marvel Legends, it's been fun, but it's over NOW! @firedevil@

According to an article at wizarduniverse.com, the big guys like PITT and Monkeyman are going to be BAFs.

I don't know if that's going to effect how people take them or not, but I would much rather have a BAF PITT than the detail diminished BLOB from ML.

There are some characters that I would not buy without the BAF issue, but then I was the guy who bought a whole set of ML characters I didn't want to build a BAF, and I want most of these far more than any ML character!

Looks to me like ToyBiz may actually shine now that they are no longer under the Marvel thumb.

Looks like I'm going to have to retract a statement about Hasbro no longer having competition from ToyBiz too.

Wow O'Brien looks fabulous!! Why in the hell did it take losing a license for Toy Biz to get their act straight?? I blame Jesse Falcon!! Didn't he have final say in the figures, if so, he sucked!! I look at that craptacular Scarlet Witch and look at O'Brien, and I want to go to NYC and kick his ass!!

Well there is the issue that the actual production pieces might not look as good as these protos, and the problem Jess had was a comunication issue with ToyBiz International, which could possibly happen again, but seeing how ToyBiz will be up the creek without a paddle if they goof up on this line, I doubt if that will be the case.

At least people are starting to see how some of the problems may not have been entirely ToyBiz's fault.

As I understand it, most of the design work for ML s14 was sent in over the phone, so who's really to blame for THAT comunication problem? @stoned@

Marvel had it's own design group that sculpted most of what we got from ML under ToyBiz, but I'll bet you mega bucks that these are sculpted by some real talent in the industry!

One of the reasons these look better is that they all have they're own style to them and have to be approved by each characters owner and if something is wrong they fix till the owner like it.